The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

1 hour ago, commando said:

it's bizarre how his believers believe the lie.   you can show them the evidence and they are all 

"fake news"

I also used to think it was bizarre until I realized how some of these believers ( who happen to be close to me) get their “news “.  In the car?  It’s Limbaugh or Glenn Beck. All of the time. At home?  Fox News is on.  Every freakin day.  Are they dumb people? No.  Are they brainwashed?   X1000.   The combination of not wanting to believe Trump’s nefarious behavior is true and being told every waking hour by conservative blowhards that it’s “fake news” makes their denials actually pretty understandable. Wrong, but understandable.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

I also used to think it was bizarre until I realized how some of these believers ( who happen to be close to me) get their “news “.  In the car?  It’s Limbaugh or Glenn Beck. All of the time. At home?  Fox News is on.  Every freakin day.  Are they dumb people? No.  Are they brainwashed?   X1000.   The combination of not wanting to believe Trump’s nefarious behavior is true and being told every waking hour by conservative blowhards that it’s “fake news” makes their denials actually pretty understandable. Wrong, but understandable.  

And it's massively reinforced by targeted misinformation on Facebook. 

They've basically wrapped these people in cocoons of information, nesting like Russian dolls, and they believe the information they're given is reinforced because they hear it from so many different sources.

The conservative propaganda machine is amazing. 

• Plus1 1
33 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Lincoln Project guy signed the contract to lobby for Russia.  He rescinded when he got caught.  

Biden's staff screens the questions before he answers them.  They know Joe is a disaster waiting to happen.  IIRC even Obama had to do a critical interview by this point in the campaign. 

edit: @FrantzHardySwag  Things are changing because Trump is changing how Biden operates.  Biden cannot stand being called the bunker candidate so he changed strategy. Biden said it was bad to go to Kenosha WI. President Trump goes so Biden says WAIT ME TOO.

We've fooled you again friend. Biden has been dead for 20 years. That entire press conference was CGI. The deep state has hired the team from Pixar. We've obviously already cornered the media market, CNN, NPR, MSNBC, CBS, NBC, ABC, ESPN, WAPO, NYT, Military Times, AP, hell we even got Chris Wallace. CONCEDE TO THE DEEP STATE.

• Haha 4

Listening to the Trump presser. He has no answers. He's rattling off campaign talking points about rioters, looters and antifa, most of which are obvious lies.

He's just going through the motions. And his enablers like Mr. Pollak above will continue to make increasingly convoluted conspiracy theories because they know they have a really s#!tty argument on the merits.

And it's not a perfect metric, but the resident Trump supporter coming a bit unglued is probably some type of indicator they know they're losing.

• Plus1 3

Trump just spewing white, hot, angry nonsense at the podium right now. Somebody asked him about John Kelly and he lost his sh#t. I'm no big Kelly fan but the reporting is that Trump couldn't solemnly observe the service of Kelly's son WITH KELLY at his son's resting place.

He knows they nailed him and he knows he's losing.

SAD!

• Plus1 1