The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

Just out of curiosity, what are the thoughts on Al Franken running? He knows and understands media and TV, and seems like he's a decent politician.

I'm a big fan of Franken's. I like his policy positions, but more than that, I like his ability to communicate. Politicians often like to speak in ways that make the average uninformed voter just focus on the rhetoric that gets them re-elected, and making the rest boring. Franken debates policy with actual facts, but communicates in a way that is interesting to the lay-voter, and often funny, thus educating the lay-voter on policy.

Obama was a good communicator, and debater. He was at his best in a debate, IMHO. Hillary was smart, but inept at being likable. Gore absolutely skewered GWB in debates, but came out looking like an @sshole elitist, turning off some swing voters. Snicker if you will, but I think that Reagan is a good analogy because of his background in entertainment. Great communicator.

He will never get the anti-Semitic vote, but what Democrat would?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 3

• 2 weeks later...

Well if those poll #s keep sinking, we won't have to worry about 2020 campaign literature from Trump. I suspect the sh.t will hit the fan well before that in regards to the Russian investigations.

I agree, but if the Dems can take control in 2018 they might not even need the Russian ammo (assuming he makes it that far).

Well if those poll #s keep sinking, we won't have to worry about 2020 campaign literature from Trump. I suspect the sh.t will hit the fan well before that in regards to the Russian investigations.

I agree, but if the Dems can take control in 2018 they might not even need the Russian ammo (assuming he makes it that far).
I just looked this up. Not holding my breath.

"There are 34 seats up in 2018, of which 25 are held by Democrats."

Democrats have to win 3 of 9 if they lose 0 of 25.

House looks like it could shift slightly toward the Democrats but the gerrymandering thing could be a factor here. Not sure what the supreme court could do, for instance I'm wondering if they could open the floodgates for worse gerrymandering than we already have. I hope that's not possible and it either stays the same or they make it harder to gerrymander.

About that...

http://www.dailywire.com/news/19079/story-may-end-putin-wanted-trump-win-myth-once-and-ben-shapiro

Written by Ben Shapiro, who has been extremely critical of Trump through the entire election and his tenure up to this point.

About that...

http://www.dailywire.com/news/19079/story-may-end-putin-wanted-trump-win-myth-once-and-ben-shapiro

Written by Ben Shapiro, who has been extremely critical of Trump through the entire election and his tenure up to this point.

Shapiro is still on the right and a Republican, so him being critical of Trump does necessarily mean he's not biased.

Here's a detailed article by the lawfare blog on the whole thing: https://lawfareblog.com/wall-begins-crumble-notes-collusion