The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

2 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Probably because the average public [person?] does not own a dozen hotels.  It must seem pretty strange to politicians to witness their tax code as applied to productive people.  Politicians well, didn't build that.  People like the Bidens just grace an institution with their presence, deliver the same canned speech, and abracadabra money rolls in! About $4 million dollars for Biden's wayward words.

Come on man. Trump's not even a good businessman. He was born on third and thinks he hit a triple. He signed off on a rewrite of the tax code that handed out huge tax breaks to him and his rich buddies while screwing his working-class supporters and he's got no interest in changing that. He lied to them and helped himself.

Funny you complain about Biden making money when POTUS has spent nearly a full year since his inauguration at his private golf clubs and lives in tacky gold-plated abodes.

And let's be clear: Trump is entitled to the same tax return privacy as anyone else. I mean, he shouldn't be trying to hide them, so we know how much he owes to who and if any foreign entities own him, but he hides them anyway.

But you can lose that privacy when multiple Federal and State entities think you may be doing some highly illegal stuff, which is why the legal system forced his taxes to be turned over, and why he can't hide whatever he was hiding anymore.

• Plus1 2

14 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

So let's get this in order.  

After years of demanding that Trump release his tax returns, they steal them.  And then kept demanding the release, knowing they would leak them the night before the debate.  

And all the dirty thieves proved was that Trump takes deductions. 

Okay, you're working to get Trump elected. Someone leaks to you that Joe Biden only paid $750 in taxes. Now he's out there pandering to the common man in swing states. Anything there you'd be willing to run with? 

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Okay, you're working to get Trump elected. Someone leaks to you that Joe Biden only paid $750 in taxes. Now he's out there pandering to the common man in swing states. Anything there you'd be willing to run with? 

Shoe on the other foot?  Does Biden own and operate hotels or did he write off millions in speaking fee business expenses?

Pretty much everyone knows that taxes are the domain of professional accountants.  Is some rich guy pays very little tax it generally means he chose a good accountant. 

Fwiw my original plan was to watch this 'debate' in a gym on mute with no subtitles.  But now I'm stuck at home listening to it 

31 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Shoe on the other foot?  Does Biden own and operate hotels or did he write off millions in speaking fee business expenses?

Pretty much everyone knows that taxes are the domain of professional accountants.  Is some rich guy pays very little tax it generally means he chose a good accountant. 

Fwiw my original plan was to watch this 'debate' in a gym on mute with no subtitles.  But now I'm stuck at home listening to it 

Answer the question. Joe BIden makes far more money than the average American, and pays far less in taxes. He's tried to hide this for years, but the proof just came out:  $750.

Do you use it against him? 

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Pay your fair share blah-blah-blah the system is rigged!

Please elaborate. Why do you and I pay more taxes than the president? Specifically one who claims to be a successful businessman? One who again in a presidential debate called anyone who pays taxes dumb.

• Plus1 2