The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

Jimmy Carter was a bad president, but a good person.  One could say this about a number of presidents who weren't successful in the office.  But Trump is a Bad Person period.  The tree always produces fruit after its own kind -  Bad person produces a bad presidency and that affects all of us.  

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

any wonder Trump doesn't like mail in ballots

https://www.thedailybeast.com/republicans-panic-as-dems-take-astronomical-lead-in-early-mailed-ballots-says-report

Top GOP officials have reportedly been sent into a blind panic after seeing numbers showing that Democratic voters in key states are returning mail-in ballots at much, much higher rates than Republican voters. According to The Washington Post, the Democratic lead in mail voting is so extreme that it’s led to urgent discussions among senior GOP officials. “It’s astronomical,” said one unnamed Republican strategist, who added that he was left “horrified” by the numbers. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) has reportedly twice met with Trump to urge him to stop bashing mail balloting, and is said to have told others he’s worried that the president’s rhetoric could stop Republican voters—especially elderly ones—from sending in their ballots. Republican National Committee spokesman Mike Reed insisted there was no panic, saying Republicans “will come out in droves to vote in person” on Election Day.

4 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Part of me thinks we may see an a$$-kicking of epic proportions in November. 

Maybe. Depends on how much people say "eff it" about the voter suppression, how long they're willing to wait in line, etc. 

This 538/Ipsos poll seems to indicate good things for Biden. 

4 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Part of me thinks we may see an a$$-kicking of epic proportions in November. 

December 1994.  Nebraska fans thought they had a really good team leading up to the NC game January 2nd.  But....nobody wanted to be overly optimistic.  We had just one it the year before, but many years of losses in similar games left all of us uneasy and nervous.

That's how I feel right now.  I want to believe.  But, I just can't allow myself to believe that yet.  

Now....let's hope November ends in the same type of a$$ kicking we gave Florida that year.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

December 1994.  Nebraska fans thought they had a really good team leading up to the NC game January 2nd.  But....nobody wanted to be overly optimistic.  We had just one it the year before, but many years of losses in similar games left all of us uneasy and nervous.

That's how I feel right now.  I want to believe.  But, I just can't allow myself to believe that yet.  

Now....let's hope November ends in the same type of a$$ kicking we gave Florida that year.

And I have a feeling that if Biden wins, it's going to parallel that game a lot:  Trump will have an early lead, we're going to be left with that sinking feeling of, "Oh no, not four more years of this"

And then Schlessinger will bust through with the mail-in ballots and it'll turn out OK.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1