The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

6 hours ago, flatwaterfan said:

I did a little more research and I think Georgia doesn't use Voter ID validation for absentee ballots which concerns me.  I found a couple of articles detailing how some folks vote more than once.    I have no idea what the actual situation is here but as I said I am paranoid and urged him to call the Georgia election office.  

I found this in a :05  Google search, if you're really interested. 

https://sos.ga.gov/index.php/elections/stop_voter_fraud

https://www.sos.alabama.gov/alabama-votes/stop-voter-fraud-now

18 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, if Trump loses as big as it’s looking he might, I can’t imagine what kind of concession speech he would be willing to give.  

This man has never admitted defeat in anything.  To him, he’s the greatest leader the world has ever seen.  

I just can’t imagine him admitting defeat.....ever.  

He does not have a graceful or humble bone in his body. 

It won't be graceful, but it's pretty easy to imagine a brew of The China Plague, the Fake News witch hunt, and a fraudulent election that unfairly derailed the greatest economy and the greatest President America has known. He will also issue a chilling warning about the people replacing him who must be constantly watched as they launch the globalist agenda that only he would have been able to stop. So he will concede the election without admitting defeat. He might secretly be relieved. He can go back to taking potshots at everyone without the pesky administration stuff. There will be an O.J. Simpson flavored declaration to pursue the real guilty parties, the REAL losers. 

Assuming he can stay out of jail, Trump can still have a robust career as a figurehead to the Trumpist cult, and I'm afraid the media will still cover him. But the venues and the loyalists will suddenly be very downscale, and Trump will have to realize his rich bully schtick only plays to the retail cut-out bin -- if he hasn't figured that out already. 

Bigger question is when he gives that concession speech. Virtually no chance it's November 3 or 4, even if it's a landslide. I'd never rule out the f#&%er winning, either. 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I found this in a :05  Google search, if you're really interested. 

https://sos.ga.gov/index.php/elections/stop_voter_fraud

https://www.sos.alabama.gov/alabama-votes/stop-voter-fraud-now

If I'm really interested?  

Thanks for the links I will pass them along to my brother although he won't do anything with them as they are elderly and hate computers.   I appreciate all the feedback except for the snide comment.  

6 hours ago, funhusker said:

It's probably a good idea to let the commission know.  Like you said, someone maybe made an honest mistake and wondering where their ballot application  is.

But as far as this pertaining to "fraud", it was an application.  They are worthless unless someone fills it out and requests a ballot.  At that point, your person is the bad guy.

That's a good point.  

26 minutes ago, flatwaterfan said:

If I'm really interested?  

Thanks for the links I will pass them along to my brother although he won't do anything with them as they are elderly and hate computers.   I appreciate all the feedback except for the snide comment.  

If you were really interested, you could have done the same Google search in the same :05. 

Sorry if I seem suspicious. But if you and your brother have no intention of doing anything with the feedback anyway, I might suspect that your first visit to P&R was simply to drop a piece of anecdotal evidence to cast doubt on mail-in ballots.  That's kinda the lay of the land right now. 

• Plus1 5

54 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If you were really interested, you could have done the same Google search in the same :05. 

Sorry if I seem suspicious. But if you and your brother have no intention of doing anything with the feedback anyway, I might suspect that your first visit to P&R was simply to drop a piece of anecdotal evidence to cast doubt on mail-in ballots.  That's kinda the lay of the land right now. 

Wow just wow.   I went to the Georgia election site and various other places with Brave as my Browser.    Did all kind of searches but obviously didn't use the same search words as you.    Don't bother responding to this post as I will take a long long vacation from this board and won't go in this forum anymore.   

How long before Trump call his favorite bragging point, Wall Street, fake news  :dunno 

The markets see a clear cut Biden victory and that is bringing stability into the marker per the article below.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/clear-cut-biden-win-emerging-124818901.html

Bloomberg) -- With Joe Biden’s lead widening in the polls and President Donald Trump’s campaign sidelined by the virus, investment strategists now say there’s less of a chance for a contested election.

A clear-cut Democrat victory could avoid a long and messy legal battle and provide certainty to markets that have been nervous about election risks, according to strategists from Citigroup Inc. to JPMorgan Chase & Co.

The S&P 500 was up about 1% as of 9:32 a.m. in New York, havens including bonds are seeing little demand and the greenback is down.

“Polls are shifting from a close election and prolonged uncertainty to more a dominant Biden and clean succession,” said Peter Rosenstreich, head of market strategy at Swissquote Bank SA. “That is reducing uncertainty and increasing risk appetite.”

JPMorgan Says a Biden Victory Could Mark a Shift in Stock Market

Cross-asset traders are taking the newsflow in their stride, despite confusion over the president’s condition and more positive tests from Republican leaders.

A poll released Sunday -- taken between Tuesday’s debate and Friday’s news of the president’s infection -- found that Biden’s national lead had leaped to 14 points, from 8 before the debate. Biden also has set two records for monthly fundraising in August and September, giving him enough money to dominate Trump on the airwaves.

• Plus1 1

My friend says he never looks at the polls, he always follows the money. He told me to look at the presidential betting odds. I know we talked about this a while ago and I still don't necessarily get this, but apparently post-debate, pre-trump covid disclosure was a huge jump in favor of Biden.

Last week Biden was -121, while trump was +100.

This week Biden is -200, while trump is +190.

Maybe acting like a complete fool during the debate wasn't such a swell idea.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

My friend says he never looks at the polls, he always follows the money. He told me to look at the presidential betting odds. I know we talked about this a while ago and I still don't necessarily get this, but apparently post-debate, pre-trump covid disclosure was a huge jump in favor of Biden.

Last week Biden was -121, while trump was +100.

This week Biden is -200, while trump is +190.

Maybe acting like a complete fool during the debate wasn't such a swell idea.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So I’ve never really understood betting odds like this This means if you bet Biden and he wins, you have to bet $200 to win $100? Is that like 1/2 odds in horse racing? Like the amount you want to win/the amount of the bet? 

but I don’t understand it in reverse. Is it you best $100 to win 190? 

why given two choices, do they not do percentages? I think I might know, but not sure. Guessing it’s because they don’t know how big the betting pool is and they need to keep adjusting the odds to stay balanced, but then why do they care? They just take some off the top anyway.