The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

But normal people don't make that distinction.  To them S.A. is now just another N.Y.T. et al.

I literally laughed out loud.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BigRedBuster

• knapplc

• Danny Bateman

• RedDenver

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you honestly not understand the difference between someone who said something stupid as an off color joke one time and some one who: Has been sued twice for housing discrimination against A

He is.

uhhh...?  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Great.  So why won't republicans believe actual scientists that have multiple degrees and have committed their lives to a particular science?

Well some  a.s.t.h.m.ds. say Climate Change will cause massive flooding in X years.  Then why are trusting Ds building multi-million dollar mansions on the beach?  

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Well some  a.s.t.h.m.ds. say Climate Change will cause massive flooding in X years.  Then why are trusting Ds building multi-million dollar mansions on the beach?  

trump believes in climate change when it affects him...no when it affects others.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-seeks-wall-irish-golf-threatened-rising-seas-article-1.2647423

Trump International Golf Links & Hotel, in County Clare, Ireland, explicitly cited the threat of global warming in its attempt to secure a permit for a two-mile stone wall that would section off the sprawling resort from the Atlantic Ocean, according to the company's application, first reported on by Politico and filed earlier this month in Ireland.

• Plus1 3

3 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Thanks Moiraine, I see some nuances from this explanation I did not in your first post originally. 

However, I stand by my take that while you say Trump supporters do this to people who say anything bad about Trump, there are Never Trumpers that take the same stance with moderates or anyone left of center that says anything complimentary about Trump or his policies. 

Agreed, but there is a huge discrepancy in volumes.

Also, it’s still a lot different from what I’m talking about. A comparison would be if the 10 people with pristine records and 30 years of experience were whistleblowers against Biden and people continued to support Biden and completely trashed the 10 people and decided all of their experience and records meant nothing at all. Not only that but the 10 people are Democrats or in highly respected positions in the military. 

That is far more ridiculous and a better comparison than people thinking Trump is an a$$h@!e and ignoring his miniscule accomplishments. 

4 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Whatever the Left wants is "scientific"  The hacks at Scientific American have decided to put real science aside and embrace politicized psuedo-science.  The only saving grave is that they are likely not professional scientists but merely 'science writers' which generally means they got a humanities degree and attended a training seminar on how to simplify science. 

But normal people don't make that distinction.  To them S.A. is now just another N.Y.T. et al.

Project the faults of their leader onto others? Check.

Zero tolerance for criticism and degrade those who speak out against leader? Check.

Claim the mantle of "normal" Americans or "real" Americans or whatever descriptor of being superior to those speaking out? Check.

Like it or not, @commando has a point, as this is pretty textbook behavior common in cults. Here's a list of potential warning signs, decide for yourself how similar it is:

• Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability.

• No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry.

• No meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget or expenses, such as an independently audited financial statement.

• Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions.

• There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil.

• Former members often relate the same stories of abuse and reflect a similar pattern of grievances.

• There are records, books, news articles, or broadcast reports that document the abuses of the group/leader.

• Followers feel they can never be "good enough".

• The group/leader is always right.

• The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation, no other process of discovery is really acceptable or credible.

And this argument about pseudoscience would be a lot more powerful if Trump didn't just contradict his own CDC director for his own political benefit.

• Plus1 3
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but please, don't vote. I've come to understand that it's not really something people can do.

Much like I lack the knowledge to walk into a hospital and perform surgery, it seems Americans lack the ability to walk into a voting booth, think critically (is science REAL? Should gay people be treated EQUALLY?!) and fill in a bubble at the same time. A surgical room is not for me; a voting booth is not for you.

I didn't think it was enough to +1 this. I wanted to see it again. 

22 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

omg, they can never again complain that Americans don't "trust the science."  they just made themselves into partisan hacks. 

Uhm......I think it's the growing number of Americans who "don't trust the science" that have inspired scientists to lobby for their incredibly valuable profession. It's the exact opposite of being a hack. 

At this point I think it's only fair that Trump voters boycott science and every product and medical procedure it's made possible. 

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Thanks for the non-answer.  That says a lot. 

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Whatever the Left wants is "scientific"  The hacks at Scientific American have decided to put real science aside and embrace politicized psuedo-science.  The only saving grave is that they are likely not professional scientists but merely 'science writers' which generally means they got a humanities degree and attended a training seminar on how to simplify science. 

What do you do for a living? 

8 hours ago, commando said:

trump believes in climate change when it affects him...no when it affects others.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-seeks-wall-irish-golf-threatened-rising-seas-article-1.2647423

Trump International Golf Links & Hotel, in County Clare, Ireland, explicitly cited the threat of global warming in its attempt to secure a permit for a two-mile stone wall that would section off the sprawling resort from the Atlantic Ocean, according to the company's application, first reported on by Politico and filed earlier this month in Ireland.

As Trump said in the debates "I played the game" and that proved his authenticity.  

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

As Trump said in the debates "I played the game" and that proved his authenticity.  

lying proved his authenticity to you?   

• Plus1 1

19 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Whatever the Left wants is "scientific" 

I keep going back and rereading the start of this post.  It's actually pretty funny.

Whatever the left wants, is scientific.  Meaning, they have science to back up what they want.  Republicans then turn around and don't believe science  and demonize it any chance they can because the science is not on their side.

The vast majority of scientists will say something that Republicans don't like.  Instead of rethinking their stance based on the evidence in front of them.  They attack the scientists that studied it.

It really is an amazing brainwashing that has happened to this segment of our population.  Then...when I ask you, what about all the scientists that have studied their respective subject for a life time......you don't even acknowledge the question and dodge it.

So....you have scientists that are extremely smart and world wide leaders in their field spending a life time studying it......then you have politicians who gain power by convincing a major segment of the population (that none of this group has any back ground in the subject) that the scientists are horrible leftists who are out to destroy America.

Maybe your side of the equation needs to rethink this.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2

This, so much this. I don't want this to be our America.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This, so much this. I don't want this to be our America.

Although this adds to the very long list of these types of allegations against Trump, the timing of it and the historical nature of it will shed doubt on her claims right away.  It has been discussed in P&R before, and just like Tara Reade allegation, will get downplayed because of the timing and 25-30 years passing with no report.  

• Plus1 3