The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

Other than the fact that beagles are total spaz dogs, I think it would be cool to have a beagle as a dog, and name him "Regal".

Jack and Larry loved to go to the Regal Beagle to try to get it in.  It was also great that it was so close to their apartment.  Wasn't it considered downstairs on the main floor of the apartment building?

I think so, it was either the main floor of where they lived or just right next door.  Either way that place was classy!!!

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

I was happy when Cindy replaced Chrissy. 

The worst character was Lana. She was annoying every second she was on screen.

I wonder how many posters don't know what we're talking about since I don't think anyone has mentioned the name of the show or even that we're talking about a TV show.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

R's and D's need to pass a clean, non-partisan, proposal that ONLY deals with helping the American citizens. 

Don't staple or paper clip all the other political bullsh*t to it. Something like "with cases and deaths expected to rise, we fear a National shut down will be on the horizon, so we are going to give every man/woman/child X $$$ on November 1st" , and then do it. Period.

I agree and disagree. Yes they could remove some of the BS, like Pelosi and the dems insisting on funds to buoy election expenses and expansion due to Covid. Everyone should realize that’s a deal breaker for Trump and the R’s. But the dems also have a lot in there to prevent funds from flowing directly to large corps that don’t need it and I personally have my doubts how much good $1200 payments do to really help those who are struggling or if they are enough to help the economy weather this. In my case and many others $1200 is just a bonus that won’t be used for Covid reasons or to help the economy.  And for people who are hurting, $1200 without evictions and other things being addressed is almost an insult. IMO a good bill needs much more than throwing a wad of cash at every taxpayer.

But more to your general point, yes congress should be able to simplify this and should be able to agree on some extremely obvious things that will both help the economy and the people who are being harmed the most.

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

How has no one ripped his phone from his hands, he's having a meltdown for the ages.

There was this brief web-comic thing called Louis vs. Rick, where Rick (the human) taught his cat (Louis) to text so Louis wouldn't be so lonely while Rick was at work. 

One day, Louis accidentally hit the caps-lock button and freaked a bit until Rick explained what that was. Louis loved it. He responded:

CAPS LOCK IS HOW I FEEL INSIDE RICK!!  ALL THE TIME!!!!!!

trump on steroids is a bit of a Louis right now.

• Haha 2
40 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

How has no one ripped his phone from his hands, he's having a meltdown for the ages.

Yep this is all over conservative news outlets now and the talk shows.  This will be the October surprise from the GOP - they will try to tar and feather the full Democratic leadership.  It will be interesting to hear what Pence says about it tonight

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

I wonder how many posters don't know what we're talking about since I don't think anyone has mentioned the name of the show or even that we're talking about a TV show.

Then let's get serious.

Topic: the cultural appropriation of the Afro hairstyle by Bobby, Peter, Greg and Mike in season five of the Brady Bunch. 

Discuss. 

• Haha 4
14 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Then let's get serious.

Topic: the cultural appropriation of the Afro hairstyle by Bobby, Peter, Greg and Mike in season five of the Brady Bunch. 

Discuss. 

"If you don't vote for me, you ain't a Brady boy". 

-Joe Biden, probably (1974)

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, RedDenver said:

It's stuff like this that undermines trust in the media:

Politico reporting on NBC misrepresenting the voters:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/06/biden-nationally-televised-hourlong-infomercial-426754

Example number 8,378,891,573 of why it's important to gather information from a variety of sources, and why distrust has been sown into so many parts of our country when it comes to the overall umbrella topic of "the media."

IMO national television media is largely a cesspool. It is more often than not low-hanging fruit designed to trigger emotional responses instead of rational ones. But that's what a lot of people want to see and what gets eyeballs. It's the same reason clowns like Skip Bayless have a job.

Despite what a lot of people will try to tell us, there's a lot of good news journalism happening out there in the world. And I mean actual news journalism. It's mostly found in print or online though, and not in the easily consumable format of YouTube or national syndication. And in the world of news journalism, there are far less people like pundits and editorialists who get truncated into being considered "journalists" despite mostly being around to share their opinion.

• Plus1 1