The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

11 hours ago, knapplc said:

Supporter of racists/criminals Jack Nicklaus is the worst Jack Nicklaus.

I mean, I don't know how you can just pooh-pooh what trump has done. Just the Hatch Act violations alone should lose him all support from people who believe in democracy. 

It's disgusting watching people apologize for trump. Makes you wonder what kind of America they pledge allegiance to.

I don't think being able to hit a ball into a hole makes Nicklaus's political opinions valuable.  He would have to throw the ball into a hoop over a defense before I care about whom Jack wants as President.   Bonus if he can stand on a stage and convince me that he's someone he is not.

• Plus1 2

5 hours ago, Moiraine said:

5 days until the election:

Biden is up 3.6 points in battlegrounds with 5.2% undecided.

Clinton was up 1.6 points in battlegrounds with 10.3% undecided.

Just looked it up:

PA: Biden +4.3

MI: Biden +8.2

WI: Biden +6.4

FL: Biden +1.4

NC: Biden +0.6

AZ: Even

Like I said before, if Biden wins top 3 its over. 

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, knapplc said:

Disagree. trump is a known commodity. You vote for him now, you're a bad person. Full stop.

If you're too ignorant of what trump has done then you shouldn't vote for him, or you should not vote at all. Both are viable choices.

An uninformed voter is a bad voter. And if they elect bad people, they earn the burden of the bad things that person does. 

Excuses can be made for people in 2016 (minimal, but to be charitable). No such excuses exist today. 

Zero sympathy for the judgment the people who vote for trump receive from society. 

I agree they earn the burden. I don't agree they are bad people. There are many misinformed people, there are many ignorant people, there are many people who only care about a small number of issues and are very passionate about them. Just because they are duped into voting for an awful candidate and a horrible human being doesn'tmake them a bad person.

You're comments are also what is wrong with this country. We need to find common ground and move forward together. Not casting people out. That's no better than the people you claim are bad people.

There are many Trump voters who don't like a lot about Trump. Try talking to them about that and finding more common ground there.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 2
11 hours ago, commando said:

BUZZ!   wrong answer.   i didn't vote for trump or any of his sycophants.    

22 hours ago, commando said:

you are right...i don't respect our "dear leader"   i don't respect con-men.  i don't respect liars.   i don't respect men who cheat on their wives.  i don't respect tax frauds.  i don't respect the nepotism of this administration.  i don't repsct the guy who said he was going to drain tyhe swamp...then he fills it up with more lobbyist then ever.   i don't respect a man who cuddles up with dictators.  i don't respect the leader of the birther movement.  i don't respect him here or there.  i do not respect him anywhere.

You must be one of the Red Guard Fact Checkers for Silicon Valley because you have no recognition of a fact vs an opinion. 

It is now a fact that Biden:

solicited money from foreign dictators. 

Jill Biden started an affair with Joe when she was still married

(Kamala did likewise to a married guy in Cali legislature)

supported the Russian Collusion cough cough theory

committed academic fraud in law school

opposed busing; which counts as racist when a conservative does it.

You are fine with all of these things as long as your party gains power. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

You must be one of the Red Guard Fact Checkers for Silicon Valley because you have no recognition of a fact vs an opinion. 

i am a republican.....not a rino like you and trump.  

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

How desperate are your masters that this is the argument they ask you to deliver?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, ZRod said:

I agree they earn the burden. I don't agree they are bad people. There are many misinformed people, there are many ignorant people, there are many people who only care about a small number of issues and are very passionate about them. Just because they are duped into voting for an awful candidate and a horrible human being doesn'tmake them a bad person.

You're comments are also what is wrong with this country. We need to find common ground and move forward together. Not casting people out. That's no better than the people you claim are bad people.

There are many Trump voters who don't like a lot about Trump. Try talking to them about that and finding more common ground there.

Yeah. Nope.

America doesn't need coddling. It needs honesty, accountability and truth.

"Try talking to them" About what, exactly? If they can stomach the cheeto's lies and be OK with them, that is NOT my burden. I have no obligation to teach basic decency and honesty to them.

I have no common ground with racists, or misogynists. I have no common ground with traffickers in conspiracy theories or crimes.

America has, while not great, an adequate education system. It has a base line of intelligence. What you're pretending is that the trumpists are either babes in the woods or entirely naive. They are not. They are adults, they have agency, and they have an obligation not to perpetuate untruths.

It is not *my* obligation to meet them near where they stand. It is their obligation to set aside their racist, xenophobic, cultist ways and meet the rest of America toward the middle.

It's exactly this kind of "both sides" nonsense that got us in this mess.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

22 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

This cant be good for Trump in TX. Higher voter turnout usually means Dems win. Cant wait for Dave to say “ive seen enough” and declare Biden the winner. 

In polls Trump is leading by 2% but hopefully that's wrong. And the good news with Texas is they can start counting early votes when the early vote closes tomorrow. So they have 3 full days before the election day to count these.

• Plus1 2
Just now, Moiraine said:

In polls Trump is leading by 2% but hopefully that's wrong. And the good news with Texas is they can start counting early votes when the early vote closes tomorrow. So they have 3 full days before the election day to count these.

Within the margin of error. Wouldnt it be something if TX turns blue. The GOP wouldnt know what to do...except find more ways to cheat and suppress the vote bc they know their time is coming to an end once the boomers start to die off. 

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

Just looked it up:

This isn't a normal election though. I feel Biden needs to win by a lot to make the GOP give up on helping Trump with litigation. If he wins by 20 electoral votes they may need to just get one state to cheat or win one ruling. If they lose most of the BG and a couple surprises it may look too hopeless to the GOP to continue trying to steal the election.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Yeah. Nope.

America doesn't need coddling. It needs honesty, accountability and truth.

"Try talking to them" About what, exactly? If they can stomach the cheeto's lies and be OK with them, that is NOT my burden. I have no obligation to teach basic decency and honesty to them.

I have no common ground with racists, or misogynists. I have no common ground with traffickers in conspiracy theories or crimes.

America has, while not great, an adequate education system. It has a base line of intelligence. What you're pretending is that the trumpists are either babes in the woods or entirely naive. They are not. They are adults, they have agency, and they have an obligation not to perpetuate untruths.

It is not *my* obligation to meet them near where they stand. It is their obligation to set aside their racist, xenophobic, cultist ways and meet the rest of America toward the middle.

It's exactly this kind of "both sides" nonsense that got us in this mess.

I'm glad you are perfect living in a perfect world. It must be lovely. I still have friends and family that will vote for Trump. They are not bad people. They are actually some really nice people.

I had a conversation not 2 weeks ago with a Trump voter. Very civil and calm. He told me why he votes Republican. I told him why I didn't agree with his thoughts. I doubt I changed his mind, but we we're civil and learned about each other's positions. He said there was a lot he didn't like about Trump and he wishes would change. I just said "then change it!"

Seriously, castigating a whole group the way you do is exactly the same thing that Trump does and extreme right wingers do. The reality is we all see things differently and consume things differently. It's not coddling to find common ground with someone, even if you view them as an enemy. It's called decency, and it's a way to make progress and learn from one another. This shouldn't be a hard concept. Open honest discussion and debate is the only way to move forward.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
6 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

Just looked it up:

What did you use to look it up?

RealClearPolitics? If so, their polling average tend to lean Republican. They include pollsters that are dubious (sponsored by Sean Hannity, sponsored by GOP members, etc).

• Thanks 1