The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

If Americans saw this in any other country we'd be mocking them for their backwards voting system.

This is such blatant voter suppression. Absolutely un-American.

1000% agreed. But it's encouraging that folks are willing to wait regardless.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

1000% agreed. But it's encouraging that folks are willing to wait regardless.

Absolutely. It is so hopeful that voters in states with some of the most egregious, aggressive voter suppression tactics - TX, NC, GA, FL, etc. - are running through brick walls to vote anyway.

So far, the percent of the 2016 TOTAL vote that's turned out to vote in these states, just in EARLY voting:

TX: 107.7%

GA: 93.2%

NC: 91.1%

FL: 86.6%

People are fired up this year and aren't having it with politicians that want to make it harder for them to vote.

• Thanks 2
23 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Funny backstory behind this.

Where we're at with Trump supporters, 2020:

I shouldn't of checked twitter, apparently this is awesome and a sign that Texas will never vote blue. Wonder how they'd feel if Biden supporters did this to a Trump Bus? That certainly woundn't end in a shooting...

55 minutes ago, commando said:

lol....just got a call from the young republicans.   the gal sounded as nice as could be when asking for donations and to place trump yard signs in my yard.  i told her as cordially as possible i wouldn't be doing that since i was voting for biden.    whoa...did her sweetness change in a hurry.   " well....i will add you to the no call list then!" and she hung up on me.   :)

Good job :thumbs  I'd love to make everyone's no call list.

• Plus1 1
38 minutes ago, knapplc said:

If Americans saw this in any other country we'd be mocking them for their backwards voting system.

This is such blatant voter suppression. Absolutely un-American.

This is just unimaginable for me. Voting in Colorado is extremely dirt simple, easy and quick, and it's been that way for a long long time. I can't remember the last time I had to go to a polling place to vote. Every election we receive our ballots in the mail 6-8 weeks before the election. We can return by mail or drop them off at numerous early drop box locations or drop them on election day or go to a polling place and vote. No excuses and no obstructions.

These long lines and limited polling options infuriate me. I may not agree with half the people in this country and I also may think 60% of our citizens are too stupid to vote but gdamnit it is everyone's right, privilege and duty to vote. Pisses me off when our government doesn't make it easy and convenient.

• Plus1 3