The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

9 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

please please let it be the same guy there who said the Miami Heat were 75% to win the NBA championship.

Or Nate Silver saying Southern Cal was a td favorite against our 2012 11-0 squad. Recounts confirmed the stuff on 7th and goal. 

I'm under the impression you failed rudimentary Statistics.

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

If Biden wins Florida tonight we can be fairly certain who's winning the election. If not, I think it will be a couple days. Although I'm sure there will be legal challenges everywhere, and there's still a chance the GOP will cheat in PA and NC by voting against the state's popular vote.

59 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

If Biden wins Florida tonight we can be fairly certain who's winning the election. If not, I think it will be a couple days. Although I'm sure there will be legal challenges everywhere, and there's still a chance the GOP will cheat in PA and NC by voting against the state's popular vote.

OMG...if that happens....this country is going to explode.

20 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don't think they'll do it but the NC GOP legislature has done some dumb/anti democratic s#!t in the past few years, e.g. taking a bunch of power away from the governor because the state elected a Democrat. E.g. blaming transgendered people for the uproar over bathrooms when it was all started because they wanted a law to designate bathrooms to biological sex instead of things just remaining as normal when 99% of people didn't give a crap.

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The repercussions of an elector going against the popular vote winner for the state would be monumental.  Even if it ultimately didn’t succeed, the push to amend the constitution to abolish the EC would be immediate and relentless IMO.  Even GOP’ers know that.  

Losing is never easy. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/524248-trump-during-visit-with-campaign-staff-winning-is-easy-losing-is

President Trump on Tuesday visited his campaign headquarters to thank his staff and express confidence about the outcome of the election, but he acknowledged that it would be tough for him to face a potential defeat.

"I’m not thinking about concession speech or acceptance speech yet," Trump told reporters at the campaign's Arlington, Va., office. "Hopefully we’ll be only doing one of those two. Winning is easy. Losing is never easy. Not for me it’s not."

The president had a positive outlook on his chances against Democratic nominee Joe Biden, however, repeatedly citing the large crowds his rallies have drawn in recent days and predicting strong turnout in Arizona, Florida and Texas. 

Trump predicted it could be clear which candidate has won by the end of the night, "depending on the extent of victory."

"We should be entitled to know who won on Nov. 3," he added, reviving his long-standing grievance about votes being counted beyond Election Day despite it being a standard practice.

Just now, knapplc said:

There is nothing nice about a MAGA rally.

People have a great time at them.  Nigerians appear to be having a good time.  I was going to go to one this weekend but since 25% of the attendees are Democrats I figured it's more important for them to attend and see for themselves what the MSM tells them is bunk.  Biden's drive-in protests are quite different with Biden angrily yelling at cars and the dark winter hanging about.  Biden is just too divisive calling Republicans chumps.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

People have a great time at them.  Nigerians appear to be having a good time.  I was going to go to one this weekend but since 25% of the attendees are Democrats I figured it's more important for them to attend and see for themselves what the MSM tells them is bunk.  Biden's drive-in protests are quite different with Biden angrily yelling at cars and the dark winter hanging about.  Biden is just too divisive calling Republicans chumps.  

yank..yank...

• Plus1 1