The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

Ok, so many of us feel that the 2020 election can't get here soon enough. It is never to early to start speculation.

This article throws out the name of California Sen. Kamala Harris. Could she be the savior of the Dem party - a new generation, a female and daughter of immigrants from Jamaica and India.

She is making all of the early moves to get noticed while politically denying any interest (sure sign she is interested in DC speak).

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article149309374.html

Vito Chiesa, a registered Republican who chairs the Stanislaus County Board of Supervisors in California, said he tried to get a meeting with Harris in Washington.

“She’s in such demand,” he said. “She’s kind of a chosen one.”

Harris is the charismatic daughter of immigrants from Jamaica and India. Obama called her brilliant and “by far the best looking attorney general in the country” (he later apologized for what was deemed a sexist remark). She seemingly has the ingredients to energize the Democratic base, and her next tasks if she runs are centered in two places: Washington and the rest of America.

Ok, so many of us feel that the 2020 election can't get here soon enough. It is never to early to start speculation.

This article throws out the same of California Sen. Kamala Harris. Could she be the savior of the Dem party - a new generation, a female and daughter of immigrants from Jamaica and India.

She is making all of the early moves to get noticed while politically denying any interest (sure sign she is interested in DC speak).

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article149309374.html

Vito Chiesa, a registered Republican who chairs the Stanislaus County Board of Supervisors in California, said he tried to get a meeting with Harris in Washington.

Harris is the charismatic daughter of immigrants from Jamaica and India. Obama called her brilliant and “by far the best looking attorney general in the country” (he later apologized for what was deemed a sexist remark). She seemingly has the ingredients to energize the Democratic base, and her next tasks if she runs are centered in two places: Washington and the rest of America.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article149309374.html#storylink=cpy

One of my problems with all these candidates is that the discussion is about them and their personality traits. But what policies do they support?
  • Fire 2

She'd be young, but I could see Tulsi Gabbard being in a good position.

She's a vet who has reasonable stances on weapons, she is socially progressive, she could rally most of the dems from last election into one camp (She was a Berniecrat and a number of people wanted a woman president). There's also been a little chatter about it.

• Fire 1

This article throws out the same of California Sen. Kamala Harris. Could she be the savior of the Dem party - a new generation, a female and daughter of immigrants from Jamaica and India.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article149309374.html#storylink=cpy

One of my problems with all these candidates is that the discussion is about them and their personality traits. But what policies do they support?

Unfortunately, personality seems to be more important than policy when it comes to electability.

• Fire 2

I wonder, with Trump winning, if there will be more "non-traditional" candidates running.

My first thought about Zunkerberg - he could get the young voters. Trump may have opened the door for some of these non-trads unless he closes it wt his poor performance.

Regarding Knapp's graph above - Looks like Joe Biden is running in spite of his denials. He'll be 74 then - a young pup compared to Bernie. (Al Franklin - give me a break <_< )

However, I think the Dems would be best suited to go with a fresh face. I would no longer consider E Warren as a fresh face anymore. Her opportunity was this last go around and I'm not sure why she didn't try other than the establish Dem party wanted no one whose name wasn't Hillary Clinton. Warren would have beaten Trump.

Oprah would be a strong candidate in many ways, except her religious stature would likely hurt her with Dems who hate religious people in general. She's extremely smart and very popular otherwise. But I somewhat have a feeling she would not want the loss of her financial empire. It would be good to have someone of her good, honest, sincere and wholesome character to run on the Dem side - a refreshing and new experience for most Americans who are below the age to have voted for Jimmy Carter. He was a very very good and decent person - the last Dem I can recall who was nationally involved - although he was an awful President. He didn't understand economics and foreign policy was completely beyond him in many ways. A typical scientific mind with little common sense in so many ways.

i doubt the budding autocracy we have in power now will let a real election happen. they are working hard everyday to take away any power from the opposition. i think it will be more along the lines of stalins elections where it didn't matter how anyone voted. it only mattered who counted the votes.

i doubt the budding autocracy we have in power now will let a real election happen. they are working hard everyday to take away any power from the opposition. i think it will be more along the lines of stalins elections where it didn't matter how anyone voted. it only mattered who counted the votes.

I've yet to see anything from the GOP congress that gives me any hope that they'd stop it from coming to this. They don't even want to investigate anything.