The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

3 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

I'm a little late posting, but this is a really  good interview with Mayor Pete.

Im glad he’ll be in the debate. 

But I’m not the most mature person in the world and I wish his name didn’t start with “Butt.”

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

never did I say anything about Alaska's influence (and I see you conveniently left out Texas) I was commenting on the fact that it was disingenuous they stated "largest State" with no context, and related that to the fact that I for one get tired of CA influence in telling me what I should think, or what's best for me in Central NE because CA knows best

Most people understand the context. California has 40 million people and operates the sixth largest economy in the world. It's earned a bit of influence.

Central Nebraska voted for Donald Trump, the New York billionaire who couldn't give two s#!ts about them and risked their livelihoods in a tariff war that's all about his ego.

I do think the "flyover states" get the short stick in politics and pop culture, but I wish Nebraskans would exert their pragmatism and BS detectors a lot better than they have of late. 

4 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Im glad he’ll be in the debate. 

But I’m not the most mature person in the world and I wish his name didn’t start with “Butt.”

I was thinking the exact same thing.

But I also thought Barack Hussein Obama would never survive his name. 

4 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Most people understand the context. California has 40 million people and operates the sixth largest economy in the world. It's earned a bit of influence.

Central Nebraska voted for Donald Trump, the New York billionaire who couldn't give two s#!ts about them and risked their livelihoods in a tariff war that's all about his ego.

I do think the "flyover states" get the short stick in politics and pop culture, but I wish Nebraskans would exert their pragmatism and BS detectors a lot better than they have of late. 

I was thinking the exact same thing.

But I also thought Barack Hussein Obama would never survive his name. 

357a251210658e5e16f2966d7d9e4a51.jpg

10 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

I'm a little late posting, but this is a really  good interview with Mayor Pete.

I guess he was on The View this am too - so that will be an interesting audience.  He did Fox over the weekend.

I donated to his campaign a few weeks back so I get updates - they sent out an email saying they were going to be transparent in fund raising and that they needed $500k by the end of March ... hit it the next day.  Each time he does an appearance more people see what he is about and like his messaging.

• Plus1 1
24 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

I guess he was on The View this am too - so that will be an interesting audience.  He did Fox over the weekend.

I donated to his campaign a few weeks back so I get updates - they sent out an email saying they were going to be transparent in fund raising and that they needed $500k by the end of March ... hit it the next day.  Each time he does an appearance more people see what he is about and like his messaging.

He's the first dem candidate I've watched "campaign".  But after watching the first 10 minutes of the "Morning Joe" interview, I had to find the second half to see what else he had to say.  Like I said, I've invested zero time looking at candidates, but he is pretty impressive.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, NM11046 said:

First time I ever saw Obama (checks date) was Oct. 1 2017 (not counting the 2004 speech although I dunno if I actually watched that and I didn’t remember his name). 

For some reason I was awake at 3am that morning flipping through channels and he was on the Tyra Banks show. I think it may have been one of the first shows he ever did. Pretty sure I donated to him shortly after. 

18 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

I really like him - think he's one to watch.

I like him as well.   I think there are a handful of very capable and solid Dem choices for the nomination.   Hopefully they all get good press coverage and primary voters will have some opinion on majority of the people on the ballot.

44 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

I really like him - think he's one to watch.

I've been impressed with what I've heard from him as well. 

I also think it is awesome that he is openly gay, yet no one is really talking about that. That's a good sign that, to the left anyway, one's sexual orientation is not a huge source of controversy. If he gains momentum and more attention, I wonder how the right wingers are going to handle that.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ahhhh hell.....

why not have him run for President. 

Funny in a not so funny way - Stormy's new lawyer, Clark Brewster, is a Tulsa guy known for taking  high profile difficult cases.  I don't think this thing wt Trump is over. 

On 3/22/2019 at 6:43 PM, Moiraine said:

I hope this guy gets the coverage he deserves.

He seems to be picking up steam.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/435696-buttigieg-shows-signs-of-emerging-from-the-democratic-pack

This is a small poll but it has interesting results: 

Pete Buttigieg, the relatively unknown mayor of South Bend, Ind., is showing signs that he could emerge as a serious contender in the 2020 race for the Democratic presidential nomination. 

The first piece of evidence signaling the 37-year-old Buttigieg could break from the pack chasing a group of big-name candidates came from an Emerson Polling survey this weekend that showed him trailing only former Vice President Joe Biden and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) in the Democratic race in Iowa.

Buttigieg won support from 11 percent of likely Democratic Iowa caucusgoers polled, behind Biden’s 25 percent and Sanders’s 24 percent. 

• Thanks 1