The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

Trump is a dirtbag and a skeeze, and he's always been a dirtbag and a skeeze. He sold himself as a dirtbag and a skeeze that would work for you, and a certain segment of the population decided that sounded pretty good.

How he continues to fool them into thinking he's working on behalf of them instead of lining his own pockets is beyond me. But nonetheless, he's still a dirtbag and a skeeze.

But then maybe it's more about him punishing their enemies than helping his base in the first place.

Regardless one would've hoped he'd have been disqualified on his lack of character alone. But he wasn't, and there's only one way he's leaving office. Voting him out. Dems better not muck this thing up.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, commando said:

last election the choices were

bad (clinton)

Evil  (trump)

or a month old rotting Big Mac  (actually the best choice)  but i knew the big mac would lose so voted for the lessor of 2 evils

This is me.  I was really hoping Kasich would have won the nomination.

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, knapplc said:

America needs to wake up from this dream. America needs to realize its greatness comes from diversity.

I think you meant 'nightmare' not dream. :madash         And yes, diversity is our strength not our weakness.   And this cuts 2 ways with each party --   The GOP cowards in fear over immigrants who are different then the majority and use it in a demeaning red meat political issue. The Dems highlight the differences so much (identity politics) that it seems hard to find our common ground.  One day MLK words will come true where no one looks at color, race, sex etc and the only thing that matters is character. 

2 hours ago, NM11046 said:

How do you feel about Kasich now funhusker?  Are you interested in him for 2020?  As a R or I?

I would prefer he challenge as an R.  I know he would be less likely to win, but if he runs as an I it would hand the election to Trump.  

My preference:

1. Kasich

2. Dem nominee

3. Root canal

4. Hemroids

5. Swine flu

6. Shingles

7. etc......

3 hours ago, NM11046 said:

How do you feel about Kasich now funhusker?  Are you interested in him for 2020?  As a R or I?

I hope he finds a way into the election.   He would have beat Hillary and would have been a much better President than Trump. 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, funhusker said:

I would prefer he challenge as an R.  I know he would be less likely to win, but if he runs as an I it would hand the election to Trump.  

My preference:

1. Kasich

2. Dem nominee

3. Root canal

4. Hemroids

5. Swine flu

6. Shingles

7. etc......

You forgot Kidney stones     --   the worse pain I've every experienced.  (Even my nurse who had child bearing labor pains and later kidney stones said kidney stones was worse).  So yes, I'm in agreement.  Since Kasich may not be available for us to vote for, I hope the Dems put forward a reasonable candidate. 

We can't forget that former Mass Gov Weld is running in the GOP primary.  Kasich is much better.  

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

My preference:

1. Kasich

2. Dem nominee

3. Root canal

4. Hemroids

5. Swine flu

6. Shingles

7. etc......

If anything if kasich ran as an independent it would split the Republican vote and make it more likely a Democrat would win.

• Plus1 1

23 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

If anything if kasich ran as an independent it would split the Republican vote and make it more likely a Democrat would win.

I guess I'm just going off a gut feeling of current polling.  I would assume about 40% will vote Trump no matter what, and the rest getting spit up.

2 minutes ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

I don't care what you say about Fox, but this seems to be a factual article based on the source.

did you read the article?   the claim is that they were bullied not to publish the dates of the democratic debates.   i am not sure anyone would give a fook if those dates were known...let alone need to call a reporter and bully them about it.   it makes no sense.   but if you want to see a right winger try to spin it as some evil plot the claim makes sense.

• Plus1 2