The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

1 hour ago, Enhance said:

Trump's campaign is outspending Democratic competition at a ratio of 3.45:1 on Facebook advertising. They've spent $835k alone on immigration related content.

I haven't seen a lick of this myself but, as it turns out, their targeting largely reflects a focus on two groups: older, white voters and Hispanic voters.

As reprehensible as I find the Trump immigration doctrine, Democrats need to do a better job addressing the issue head on and crafting a compelling alternative vision.

They left a window for him with people who are not actually in his hardcore base because they don't know how to reach out to those voters with a winning message.

• Plus1 1

got a opinion poll call the other day from the republicans for trump committee or something like that.  the guy cheerfully asked me if i approved of the job trump was doing.   i said "no".   he hung up on me.  guess he only wanted my opinion if i liked trump.  lol.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

They left a window for him with people who are not actually in his hardcore base because they don't know how to reach out to those voters with a winning message.

Part of the thing about winning the Hispanic vote is that they're generally a demographic that is majority conservative because of Catholic roots. Democrats probably have more of an uphill battle to secure that vote than people realize because of this.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

As reprehensible as I find the Trump immigration doctrine, Democrats need to do a better job addressing the issue head on and crafting a compelling alternative vision.

No matter what their message is, it probably won't be as short and catchy as "Build that wall"

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Undone said:

Part of the thing about winning the Hispanic vote is that they're generally a demographic that is majority conservative because of Catholic roots. Democrats probably have more of an uphill battle to secure that vote than people realize because of this. 

That's very true. Anyone who thinks winning Hispanics are a given because of Trump's policies or behavior are kidding themselves.

No group is a monolith but they tend to be culturally conservative and I'd bet there's a larger chunk than we would think who approve of Trump's immigration policies if they immigrated here legally.

19 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would argue that this is the worst time for a 3rd party candidate, although I get it. But right now we need to get behind 1 non-Trump candidate. It sucks to be in a place where we can’t be as picky but that’s where we are.

• Fire 1

26 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

In case you're not sufficiently concerned about what a second term of Trump would look like, would you vote for someone who honestly believes this?

How has anyone not blasted him on the "Article 2" stuff?

That should even make FoxNews's skin crawl...

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

This country is screwed. We can't get away from the corruption. When we try, people with the means and motive paint the un-corrupt politicians as crazy.

Unpopular opinion: If we can't tell the difference between garden variety corruption and what we've got now, we deserve another four years of Trump.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Danny Bateman said:

Unpopular opinion: If we can't tell the difference between garden variety corruption and what we've got now, we deserve another four years of Trump.

Why are you saying this to me, and why do you think it’s unpopular? Biden is a bad candidate. He should not have someone like that with his campaign, especially as a Democrat. It’s okay to admit it even if he’s your favorite in the group.

• Plus1 1