The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

17 hours ago, Landlord said:

Oh man. What a brilliant PR move by Bernie. I can't wait to check this out.

Yes, 2.7 million views already. Many independents and republicans watch Joe Rogan. Many comments stating their views on Bernie changed during the interview and democrats saying they were undecided before interview but now will be voting for Bernie. Very good move. 

Best part was the marijuana conversation. Bernie basically said he has smoked weed a few times but nothing really happened and Rogan says you need to smoke the stuff I do and then you would feel it lol. Felt like two guys chatting about politics over a beer. I think Trump was only brought up once when Bernie brought up his tweeting. 

8 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

So, companies don't represent people.  They represent markets and answer to profits/shareholders.  Unions answer to workers and don't operate for profit.

You just said the company represents “big wigs”. Those aren’t people?  Just because you don’t agree with them doesn’t mean they aren’t people. 

There’s a long list of people who make a lot of money in the Teamsters union. It’s a pretty good profit center for them. 

22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You just said the company represents “big wigs”. Those aren’t people?  Just because you don’t agree with them doesn’t mean they aren’t people. 

There’s a long list of people who make a lot of money in the Teamsters union. It’s a pretty good profit center for them. 

Well, I said that earlier. Blitz never said it. 

9 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

You think the CEO of my company which has over 100k employees gives two squirts of piss about me as an employee and will make donations based on my political leanings or will he make donations based on maximizing his profit for the shareholders of his company?

Alternatively, Unions create political action committees which are are VOLUNTARY to join and contribute to...thus you have a say where your money is spent and for whom...whereupon they contribute to a political campaign that supports union interests.

Yeah these two are EXACTLY the same.  Spot on.

Just because you feel you get more benefit from one than the other, doesn’t make them not equal pertaining to this subject. 

Both organizations represent people. Two different groups. 

Either both need need to be able to donate to candidates or neither. 

On 8/6/2019 at 7:54 PM, Nebfanatic said:

I'm sure all talking points were fed to Rogan by Bernie's team, but I can't imagine any other candidate actually detailing their platform like Bernie has done here. Bernie seems like someone who genuinely cares about the working class. I wanted him to be president last time around, if only because he is an independent politician, but the further along we get the more his platform resonates with me. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, mrandyk said:

I'm sure all talking points were fed to Rogan by Bernie's team, but I can't imagine any other candidate actually detailing their platform like Bernie has done here. Bernie seems like someone who genuinely cares about the working class. I wanted him to be president last time around, if only because he is an independent politician, but the further along we get the more his platform resonates with me. 

I really enjoyed what he had to say. He came off as someone with an actual intimate knowledge of how things work currently in our government and what is possible and needed going forward. 

6 hours ago, mrandyk said:

I'm sure all talking points were fed to Rogan by Bernie's team

I'm not saying this for sure isn't true because there's no way for me to know, but Rogan really rarely ever (possibly never) operates that way. That's why he's massive and massively successful; because he doesn't play that game and you can tell. It's incredible what he can pull out of massively influential people just because of his platform and being a good conversationalist and personable.

10 hours ago, mrandyk said:

Warren is able to talk details and plans just as well if not better than Bernie. 

Im not a Rogan listener but he sure does seem to have a lot of influence.  Its been interesting to see folks who are regular listeners share their appreciation of guests he has had on.  

I have other podcasts I listen to - and Ill go out on a limb and say that anyone, given an hour with an engaged audience cones out being better understood and liked. 

30 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

The people they represent are the point man.  It's not who the people are but their intentions.

One group is looking to maximize a profit for a company that may or may not have good intentions for the standard low level employee.  The other is looking for collective bargaining power to improve their livelihood of all low level employees.

OBVIOUSLY, intentions are different for said groups above. 

They're not the same no matter how much you try to equate them.  Just because groups refer to a number of people greater than one doesn't mean all groups or organizations are exactly the same.  If you continue to argue this, you're committing a major logical fallacy and your argument is moot.

We'll have to disagree on this.

Do CEOs look out for investor's interest? sure.

Yes.  But, I've known one hell of a lot that also donate and push for industry reform and protection from unreasonable government intervention.  That ultimately saves worker's jobs.

I'm sorry you have such a bad opinion of the people who run the company you work for.

As for being able to have a say....I'll firmly stand on my opinion that either both can participate in politics, or neither.  

22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

We'll have to disagree on this.

Do CEOs look out for investor's interest? sure.

Yes.  But, I've known one hell of a lot that also donate and push for industry reform and protection from unreasonable government intervention.  That ultimately saves worker's jobs.

I'm sorry you have such a bad opinion of the people who run the company you work for.

As for being able to have a say....I'll firmly stand on my opinion that either both can participate in politics, or neither.  

Then lets make it neither because while its nice some CEOs have their employees best interests at heart and do work to help their commutity, there are also people with alot more money than everyone else who abuse this system for their own personal gain and we can't have that. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

Then lets make it neither because while its nice some CEOs have their employees best interests at heart and do work to help their commutity, there are also people with alot more money than everyone else who abuse this system for their own personal gain and we can't have that. 

I'm fine with that.

I've seen both management of companies and unions do both great things and horrible things.  Let individual people donate to campaigns if they want.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm fine with that.

I've seen both management of companies and unions do both great things and horrible things.  Let individual people donate to campaigns if they want.

Honestly I don't have a problem with alot of companies that donate its probably nothing nefarious but organizations like the NRA break the system and we need to fix it in a way that works for the peopld