The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

Mooch organizing a team of former staffers, cabinet members to speak out against Trump.  We shall see what comes of it:snacks:

He also talks about possibly backing a candidate.   I can only think of a couple who haven't sold their soul and who may have some broad appeal - Former Ohio Gov John Kasich, former SC governer and UN Ambassador Nikki Haley, Former Indiana  Gov (not Pence) Mitch Daniels,   maybe Mitch Romney but that is doubtful.  I can't think of a Senator. Rubio has tried to distance himself some from Trump but I think he is damaged from the 2016 election. I think it has to be someone outside of DC as everyone inside has adulterated themselves wt Trump.  2016 the GOP APPEARED to have had a full cupboard of quality candidates but it was shattered by Trump and then many of those proved to be lacking in quality after they started to becoming Trump spokespersonsMaybe I have a blind spot in my thinking today, but at this moment I don't can't think  of any other GOPers that have the  gravitas to challenge and  to beat Trump in the primaries.  

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/457923-scaramucci-assembling-team-of-former-cabinet-members-to-speak-out

“I'm in the process of putting together a team of people that feel the exact same way that I do. This is not a ‘Never Trump’ situation, this is not just screeching rhetoric. This is, 'OK, the guy's unstable, everyone inside knows it, everyone outside knows it, let’s see if we can find a viable alternative,'” Scaramucci said Monday on CNN’s “New Day.”

“Moreover, I’ve got to get some of these former Cabinet officials in unity to speak up about it.” Scaramucci would not reveal names of former officials that he said feel that Trump is unstable. But he said he expects more to come out publicly in upcoming months. 

“I predict in middle or late fall there will be a trove of people that will come together in unity to say this is what’s going on. This is how the person’s acting. This is why there’s nobody inside the White House he’s taking any advice from,” Scaramucci said. 

He also did not disclose names of possible candidates he’s looking to back along with the team he’s looking to assemble. 

While Harris, Buttigieg and Biden are schmoozing with their billionaire donors in the Hamptons, Sanders is playing softball in Iowa on the field of dreams. Watched for about 2 min and someone drilled one right at his shins and he barely moved out of the way lol. Pretty good for a 78 year old man. 

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

They need to cut down the field for debates, as deBlasio and Gillibrand and the others polling at these numbers are just taking oxygen at this point. 

Only 10 candidates have so far qualified for the September debate. Perhaps another one or two may still be able to get in. So at least the whittling has begun, but even 10-12 will prove to be a few too many.

1 minute ago, Ulty said:

Only 10 candidates have so far qualified for the September debate. Perhaps another one or two may still be able to get in. So at least the whittling has begun, but even 10-12 will prove to be a few too many.

Yeah, Tom Steyer made it on because months before he announced he was running for president he gathered a list of people to sign an impeachment petition and apparently if they bought the bumper sticker he was selling, that counts towards a donation, so now he will be on stage.  What a sleazebag.

• Plus1 1