The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

7 hours ago, TGHusker said:

At this point the dems should break it off at 3% just to make the debate interesting.   O'Rourke should run for senate and bow out.  I don't see any of the others getting any traction at this point. 

How should the polling be conducted?
Who are the targets of the poll?

Question to Joe Biden: Why should we believe you about climate change when youre going to a fundraiser with a fossil fuel exec tomorrow night?

Biden: Hes not a fossil fuel executive!

Anderson cooper: Hes a fossil fuel executive. 

Biden: Ill look into it. 

Cooper: I just told you. 

Lol. This guy is such a joke.

• Plus1 2

21 hours ago, Apsu said:

The DNC has not been very clear on which polls they will use for qualifying, how the polling will be conducted, and the scheduled release of the polls.

augustprimary.jpg

I think they've been clear about deadlines though, so any poll that is in by the deadline counts.

I know this may not be his year, but man do I love this man and what he stands for.

(and let's be honest, this will get Donnie's tighty whity's in a wad today).

• Thanks 1
52 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

I think they've been clear about deadlines though, so any poll that is in by the deadline counts.

I know this may not be his year, but man do I love this man and what he stands for.

(and let's be honest, this will get Donnie's tighty whity's in a wad today).

The donor list has been made very clear, as had the requirement for reaching 2% in four approved polls.

The DNC's failure has been to not be open about how the polling is done, who was targeted, and when it was done.

They are believed to favor polls that target long time Democrat (establishment) voters with land lines (older people), and did not approve many (if any) soon after the second debate. They are after a certain result, they want centrists like Biden and Harris to lead, and exclude less establishment voices.

Regarding Mayor Pete, he is far too beholden to corporate money for me to consider him at all.

Tulsi 24 Polls.jpg

• Plus1 1

As I mentioned before:  I responded to a DNC "Poll" asking what my priorities were for the issues in the 2020 campaign. Given the likelihood that no one would actually read and compile this voter feedback, and that it was merely a fundraising database ploy, I used an obscure email address. 

The DNC sent an email thanking me for my response. One hour after that email, and every day since they sent it in May, that otherwise empty email box has been filled exclusively with Biden for President fundraising pleas. 

God I wish those people would get out of the way. 

• Plus1 2

I am neither a Democrat nor a Republican, but this post should clarify who I am supporting in 2020.

Tulsi Gabbard is what you would call a "DINO", or a Democrat In Name Only. That used to mean a centrist who did not support progressive values. But now that has morphed to mean a progressive who does not support centrist neoliberal values.

" n the latest Morning Consult poll (released September 4), Tulsi is at 4% — tied for sixth, total — in a survey of the early states (Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Nevada). To put this in perspective, she is tied with Pete Buttigieg and leading Cory Booker, Beto O’Rourke, Andrew Yang, Amy Klobuchar, and Julián Castro — all people in the next debate."

https://medium.com/@jakemerci/tulsi-gabbard-two-points-behind-harris-tied-with-buttigieg-in-new-polls-2eebc2e15ca8

• Plus1 1

12 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I don't think he was that dumb before. His brain is deteriorating.

Yes, and we can go from one dumb a... to another.    Trump is showing us what a deteriorating brain looks like, we don't need another one who needs to consider the rest home.

• Plus1 1

When I think about Trump, and then Biden, I am reminded of something Alfred said in "The Dark Knight" when the criminal underworld fell under control of the Joker: "in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand."

In 2016, Republicans were so desperate to win the white house back that they disregarded whatever was left of their morals and ethics, and now Trump has irreparably damaged the GOP and the whole country. Now, the country is once again desperate, this time to kick Trump to the curb at all costs. But we can't be so blindly desperate that we end up electing another buffoon.

• Plus1 2