The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

9 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

No all you want.  It would bring in a MASSIVE network of Bernie Sanders supporters.  He's got over 1 million volunteers working on his campaign and his donor network is unrivaled right now in the Democratic field.

So go ahead and say No...but Warren would be smart to consider it should she win the nomination.  You don't just piss all over a base like that.

No, because I don't want Bernie in the White House in either capacity.

2 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

Cool.  It will be great when he makes it and you get to deal with it then :D

Cant expect everyone to like him as hes a little out there. Bigredbuster is more conservative than not so its no surprise hes not a Sanders supporter. Polls are all over the place though. Sanders was in first by a long shot in a California poll that just released last week. As well as Nevada and Colorado. Second in Iowa. This week different polls show Warren in lead. These polls do show its a three horse race and Biden is slipping since he announced. Sanders needs to get young people to come out and vote if he can get unlikely voters to vote during primary he has a shot as most of these polls are done from landline which kinda shows most of people being polled are older folks as younger folks dont have landlines anymore. 

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Some (Limbaugh) are speculating that Pelosi chose the "impeachment proceedings" angle now on the Ukraine deal, after putting it off for so long even when other seemingly impeachable violations had occurred, because Biden is still polling well, and Warren needed some help to get a boost past him...and there is bound to be some dirty laundry aired on Joe and his son because of this :unsure:

Let me help you: stop listening to Rush Limbaugh. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
57 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Cant expect everyone to like him as hes a little out there. Bigredbuster is more conservative than not so its no surprise hes not a Sanders supporter. Polls are all over the place though. Sanders was in first by a long shot in a California poll that just released last week. As well as Nevada and Colorado. Second in Iowa. This week different polls show Warren in lead. These polls do show its a three horse race and Biden is slipping since he announced. Sanders needs to get young people to come out and vote if he can get unlikely voters to vote during primary he has a shot as most of these polls are done from landline which kinda shows most of people being polled are older folks as younger folks dont have landlines anymore. 

lol

• Plus1 1

Traditionally a VP is meant to balance out a ticket and check boxes the nominee doesn't necessarily check. Sanders and Warren on the same ticket is duplicative in a bad way. It doesn't do a whole lot to broaden the ticket's appeal but it would double down on some of the criticisms people already have of progressives.

Personally I'm not ready to declare conventional wisdom dead just yet. I'd prefer someone more moderate who can be a bulwark against the radical leftist tropes that are no doubt coming. I'd happily vote for a ticket with either of them but both of them on the same one is bad news bears for anyone who isn't a dyed in the wool progressive.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
9 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Traditionally a VP is meant to balance out a ticket and check boxes the nominee doesn't necessarily check. Sanders and Warren on the same ticket is duplicative in a bad way. It doesn't do a whole lot to broaden the ticket's appeal but it would double down on some of the criticisms people already have of progressives.

Personally I'm not ready to declare conventional wisdom dead just yet. I'd prefer someone more moderate who can be a bulwark against the radical leftist tropes that are no doubt coming. I'd happily vote for a ticket with either of them but both of them on the same one is bad news bears for anyone who isn't a dyed in the wool progressive.

This. Either one of them would benefit more from someone like Castro, Harris or even O'Rouke as their running mate. 

• Plus1 2

On 9/25/2019 at 9:04 AM, BlitzFirst said:

I just hope that Warren hits it out of the park by choosing Sanders as her running mate.  That would be too much for Trump to handle.

So that we have 2 old people on the ticket.  No thanks.   I could see her going wt  Harris - first all female ticket, or Booker or Castro -

Please keep nutso Beto far from the ticket. 

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

I can see here going Buttigieg before doing all female...and definitely before Booker and Castro, neither who are polling well.  But yeah, I get what people are saying with her and Sanders.  I just think the grassroots movement Sanders has in place is massive and shouldn't be overlooked.  If he doesn't get the nomination, whoever he endorses will get a massive bump.

I can see mayor Pete also.  He's a bit more moderate than her. 

• Plus1 2
Just now, BlitzFirst said:

What specifically?

I can't support taxing net worth with the express intent that we are going to cut someone's wealth by 50%.  I don't care if they're a billionaire.  I just can't support that thought process.

Now, if you want to tax their income or capital gains....fine.  But, to simply say we are going to cut someone's net worth.....no.

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

That's people with over 32 million in net worth.  It's not going to touch 99% of Americans at all.  Some of these individuals already use tax havens to get out of paying taxes and use tax shelters for their business interests to get out of paying taxes.  Even at 32 million...it would only be a 1% tax.  So, I'm not sure where you're getting 50%.  He only proposed up to 8% on wealth over 10 billion.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/24/bernie-sanders-wealth-tax-1763426

Can you show me where you got the idea of 50%?  I'm curious where it came from.

I don't care if it's just billionaires.  The idea of taxing net worth is just wrong in my opinion.  And...I understand the tax haven issue.  Then fix the tax haven.

I'm not sure exactly where I saw it.  I'll try to find something.

Just this entire thought process of "Billionaires shouldn't exist" is just wrong.  So....really....if I am worth over 2 billion....Bernie is saying that he thinks he should be able to just come take OVER 50% of my net worth.

NO.....

• Thanks 2