The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

Uh, we need to maybe face reality on Joe Biden.

I mean, I'll vote for the guy over Trump, but I sure hope he has a great Veep lined up if he wins.

With Bernie's heart issue and Biden's dementia setting in - this is Warren's to lose now. 

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, Landlord said:

People don't ever transcribe 'uh's' unless in an intentional effort to paint a person a certain way.

The 'uh's' aren't the issue - Bobby Kennedy and MLK were killed in 1968 and not the 70s.  He misspoke several times in that short statement.

I think Bernie is the best candidate and the fact he continually gets shafted by the media makes me want him as our guy even more. He should be mentioned with Biden and Warren but many act like he isn't even running and leave his name out of discussion all together. Its ridiculous. Not around here as much as I see on twitter so many people will be talking democratic candidates without mentioning Sanders. It is a disservice to the people.

• Plus1 1

I'm not a political person, I say that because I have no interest in a debate.

My prediction is that Hillary will jump into the race soon (by the end of the year). The timing is right with the media tour she has been on recently and I think she is waiting for the heard to thin a bit. Biden keeps having weird slip ups resulting in funny sound bites and he is kind of a creeper. Warren is hated by the bankers and wall street. Popular candidates like Sanders and Yang are ignored by the media or treated as a side show. Harris has terrible body language. The rest don't have much of a shot.

This is just my opinion, no need to question or hammer me because I don't have much to back this up with. It's just from my observations.

Does anyone else think that Hillary will jump in the race? Would that be good or bad for the democrat party?

12 minutes ago, Frostberg said:

My prediction is that Hillary will jump into the race soon (by the end of the year). The timing is right with the media tour she has been on recently and I think she is waiting for the heard to thin a bit. Biden keeps having weird slip ups resulting in funny sound bites and he is kind of a creeper. Warren is hated by the bankers and wall street. Popular candidates like Sanders and Yang are ignored by the media or treated as a side show. Harris has terrible body language. The rest don't have much of a shot.

This is just my opinion, no need to question or hammer me because I don't have much to back this up with. It's just from my observations.

Does anyone else think that Hillary will jump in the race? Would that be good or bad for the democrat party?

I don't - she's worked on a book with her daughter, that's the reason for her recent appearances.  I think she's enjoying being a grandmother, and honestly she is smart lady - she looks like a hero that got screwed now with all that Trump is doing and how all of her accusations and comments have proven true.  That story changes if she runs again.  

I don't think it would be good for the party either.

It's an interesting thought though - stick around and talk more with us!

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, BlitzFirst said:

Agreed.

He's raised 25.3 million dollars this quarter on 1.4 million individual donations.  Largest fundraising of ANY candidate so far in 2020.

But hey, he's never going to win.

His campaign understands what the perceptions are and has just put this out:

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Frostberg said:

bad,bad.  Like, really bad!

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
46 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Literally thinking about this as I opened this thread.

I saw a thread on Twitter by Jen Rubin asking why we didn't have more clarity on the situation after Sanders had been in the hospital for 3 days after stent placement. That is not typical recovery time for an uncomplicated stent.

Now Ruben was never going to vote for Bernie anyway, but for the people who are really into him, her thoughts represent a group who is not sold on Sanders yet but will nonetheless need to buy into him for his candidacy to actually be viable.

Just a reminder that not all voters are unfazed by this and think it's no big deal.

A heart attack is a pretty big deal.

• Plus1 1