The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, I don't see anything in the clip that was posted that would disqualify Harris for me.

I found two items from that video to be very troubling, and then there was her failure to prosecute fraudulent banker Steve Mnuchin (now trump's Secretary of the Treasury).

1) Although she says she opposes them now, Harris had been a supporter of private prisons. She did keep people in prison (a taxpayer expense) longer than necessary to take advantage of forced low cost labor.

After California failed to fully implement the court’s order to reduce crowding, and was ordered to implement new parole programs, the State of California appealed the decision, and in court filings the AG’s office argued that if forced to release these inmates early, prisons would lose an important source of labor, such as for fighting wildfires Prisoners in California earn between 8 and 37 cents per hour in maintenance and kitchen jobs; prisoner firefighters receive higher pay, at $1 per hour. She later backed away from her office’s argument in the prison-litigation case...

https://www.greanvillepost.com/2019/08/01/opinion-why-kamala-harris-is-unfit-to-be-president/

2) Harris knowing withheld evidence that would have exonerated someone on death row.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Last paragraph is something I think about whenever someone goes after Harris’s record in California. She had to make a lot of tough decisions in that job. Of course some of them were wrong but it’s the overall picture that matters. It’s kind of a Catch 22. Take a great, important job that gets you good experience and looks good on the resume but people comb through it for anything you did wrong. Or don’t get good experience so your resume looks s#!tty but there’s no negative decisions to find.

That's why I posted...

I do think that she would make a good Attorney General under a progressive president.

However she is not very progressive, and has abandoned M4A. Her foreign policy is too supportive of our current conflicts for my comfort.

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

Last paragraph is something I think about whenever someone goes after Harris’s record in California. She had to make a lot of tough decisions in that job. Of course some of them were wrong but it’s the overall picture that matters. It’s kind of a Catch 22. Take a great, important job that gets you good experience and looks good on the resume but people comb through it for anything you did wrong. Or don’t get good experience so your resume looks s#!tty but there’s no negative decisions to find.

And, this has always been a big issue with me.  I want a politician that has gone out and been successful doing something other than running for office or protesting.

That's a big negative for Bernie for me.

But...when you actually have a real job in the real world, that opens you up to criticisms....unfairly in many cases.

• Plus1 1
57 minutes ago, Apsu said:

1) Although she says she opposes them now, Harris had been a supporter of private prisons. She did keep people in prison (a taxpayer expense) longer than necessary to take advantage of forced low cost labor.

I have no problem with her being in favor of these and then changing her mind.

57 minutes ago, Apsu said:

2) Harris knowing withheld evidence that would have exonerated someone on death row.

I would really need to know more about this.  This seems like something you could pin on just about any prosecutor in the country.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I have no problem with her being in favor of these and then changing her mind.

Fair enough.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would really need to know more about this.  This seems like something you could pin on just about any prosecutor in the country.

I'm sure more will come out on this, and if your interested you can investigate more with sites you have come to trust.

35 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Oh yeah, those poor, white, christian men are always getting picked on and persecuted.  The only ones speaking up about this one off are those who have an issue with the topic.  John Ziegler being a prime example.

I used to have a friend that would go on-and-on about how the SCOTUS decision went against “Biblical teachings”.  I finally just looked at her and said, “this has absolutely nothing to do with the Bible!”

We haven’t spoken since.  I’m pretty sure it’s because I’m a white, Christian, male :D

19 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

The more I learn about Warren, the less I like about her.  She's an opportunist politician.  I can't trust that someone like that will have my, or anyone's, best interests at heart.

Maybe I haven't been super paying attention, but for the last several pages all I remember seeing from you is why you don't like Warren.

Who's your horse in this race?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Here's a great example of what I mean about Warren.  She's asked twice about Native American issues (and I know this is in the past and from when she was running for senator) and she has a great opportunity to really charge forward and grab a few Native American issues and champion them...afterall, she claimed their heritage for a long time before this.

Instead, she 'all lives matters' the Native Americans.  She dismisses them twice.  She's an opportunist politician...she'll do what gets her the votes and she'll change on a dime in order to look better. 

it's no secret, I like Bernie.  I like him because he's fighting for the same thing he's been fighting for over the course of 30-40 years...and the ideas were radical then...and they're progressive now.  I want someone in the office that won't switch position because it benefits him less.  I feel I'd have that with Bernie.

Ya, this answer sucked. Best case scenario it hadn't entered her mind before this and she was completely ignorant.