The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Am I the only one who finds it funny that Elizabeth Warren hasn’t thought about Native American issues?

I believe that only one 2020 candidate was with the Native American water protectors at Standing Rock.

I was confused by the post, the date in the tweet is recent but the actual video is from 2011 when she ran for senate here in MA.  And the native american heritage claims were from the 1980's.

So I know nobody supposedly cares about when it was said, but it's misleading.  Because things have changed.  Because she has thought about it, and has apologized, and has set up initiatives for her administration if elected.  She was all over meeting with tribes just months ago, many of whom have gotten over this bs - quotes from real native americans with whom she has met say they don't understand why people can't admit to making a mistake and apologizing and move on.

I am sick of people who are supposedly not a fan of the current administration falling for the same flagrant Buzzfeed take down politics that got us where we are today.  If you can't see through the divisive bs being put out by others and eaten up by those around us we're in for another 4 years of this administration or one worse.

Times change, opinions change, people change.  And good people can acknowledge mistakes and errors and apologize.  Honestly, people pulling clips from 2011 and saying that it impacts their vote without looking at comments and actions that same person has taken in the last 8-10 years is just ignorant.  

It makes me scared for 2020 instead of hopeful.  Have we really learned so little?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/sen-elizabeth-warren-proposes-plan-to-aid-native-american-communities/2019/08/16/8a4490e8-bf9e-11e9-9b73-fd3c65ef8f9c_story.html

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2019-08-19/elizabeth-warren-native-american-dna-apology

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-warren/democratic-hopeful-warren-apologizes-for-native-american-ancestry-claims-idUSKCN1V91QY

I'm just not one to go out of my way to find reasons to really dislike any of the Dem candidates. If they give me reasons that are glaringly obvious, I'll noticed them. Any of the lot are preferable to Trump. They all offer things I like and don't like.

Just my two cents, and obviously everyone can do as they like, but Warren is roughly equivalent to Bernie for me. Considering health, I've got to give her a tiny edge. I wish Bernie didn't have these recent heart troubles.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, NM11046 said:

I was confused by the post, the date in the tweet is recent but the actual video is from 2011 when she ran for senate here in MA.  And the native american heritage claims were from the 1980's.

So I know nobody supposedly cares about when it was said, but it's misleading.  Because things have changed.  Because she has thought about it, and has apologized, and has set up initiatives for her administration if elected.  She was all over meeting with tribes just months ago, many of whom have gotten over this bs - quotes from real native americans with whom she has met say they don't understand why people can't admit to making a mistake and apologizing and move on.

I am sick of people who are supposedly not a fan of the current administration falling for the same flagrant Buzzfeed take down politics that got us where we are today.  If you can't see through the divisive bs being put out by others and eaten up by those around us we're in for another 4 years of this administration or one worse.

Times change, opinions change, people change.  And good people can acknowledge mistakes and errors and apologize.  Honestly, people pulling clips from 2011 and saying that it impacts their vote without looking at comments and actions that same person has taken in the last 8-10 years is just ignorant.  

It makes me scared for 2020 instead of hopeful.  Have we really learned so little?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/sen-elizabeth-warren-proposes-plan-to-aid-native-american-communities/2019/08/16/8a4490e8-bf9e-11e9-9b73-fd3c65ef8f9c_story.html

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2019-08-19/elizabeth-warren-native-american-dna-apology

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-warren/democratic-hopeful-warren-apologizes-for-native-american-ancestry-claims-idUSKCN1V91QY

If this is even slightly about my post above....you didn’t need to write it. 

I found it funny and that doesn’t have anything to do with if I support her or not. 

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

If this is even slightly about my post above....you didn’t need to write it. 

I found it funny and that doesn’t have anything to do with if I support her or not. 

Not at anyone in particular - Danny said it well above.  I will support whomever the party nominates and we're all entitled to our own vote in the primary.  I'm just frustrated that the current environment has us all beating down on the very people we may be voting for - how can that generate anything positive?

I'm all for choosing to vote for someone because you like their policies or agree with their philosophy or history - I HATE the fact that people are talking about choosing their candidate based on who they don't want to vote for.  That's how we got here.  The "I won't vote for Hillary so I'll vote Stein, or Trump or won't vote at all".  And really hate that it's based on stuff that happened so long ago when their is evidence of acknowledgement and change.  The negativity and beating each other up only helps the GOP and Trump.

For the same reason I'd reconsider my thoughts about Gabbards policy if she admitted her trip to visit Assad was a mistake and detail why and what she thinks now.  And the same reason Pete gained more support from me because he admitted the police shooting in South Bend was a reflection on him not doing enough and the need for him to do more.  I respect people who admit evolution in their thinking - I want people to reflect on actions and reactions and choose responsible people who aren't afraid of admitting they made a mistake.  I don't look at every change in opinion as a flip flop.  Now Kamala saying she was MFA one evening and then changing that the next day due to polling was a political move, a flip flop and it has impacted my opinion of her candidacy.

I'm crabby.  I just wish we'd spend the energy fighting the mess that is currently living in the WH instead of tearing down each other.

• Plus1 1
48 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Not at anyone in particular - Danny said it well above.  I will support whomever the party nominates and we're all entitled to our own vote in the primary.  I'm just frustrated that the current environment has us all beating down on the very people we may be voting for - how can that generate anything positive?

That kind of always happens in a primary. If there is something there that voters aren’t going to like, it needs to cone out now. 

You would prefer are democratic skeletons remain in the closet?

52 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

the same reason I'd reconsider my thoughts about Gabbards policy if she admitted her trip to visit Assad was a mistake and detail why and what she thinks now.  And the same reason Pete gained more support from me because he admitted the police shooting in South Bend was a reflection on him not doing enough and the need for him to do more.  I respect people who admit evolution in their thinking - I want people to reflect on actions and reactions and choose responsible people who aren't afraid of admitting they made a mistake.  I don't look at every change in opinion as a flip flop.  Now Kamala saying she was MFA one evening and then changing that the next day due to polling was a political move, a flip flop and it has impacted my opinion of her candidacy.

You just wrote out why these things should come out now. Give them a chance to explain their actions or why they have changed. 

32 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You just wrote out why these things should come out now. Give them a chance to explain their actions or why they have changed. 

Agreed - my issue with with people locking in on the negatives without considering the acknowledgement or explanation or apology for what was said or done.  I'm fine with things coming out now and they should- but take everything in prior to making a decision.  Just considering the action without the explanation is troubling to me.  

And we should acknowledge that this is being driving in a large part by groups outside of the democratic party.  Russias involvement in pro-Gabbard initiatives for instance is significant.  People need to continue to do their own research and fact finding and not get caught up in the accusations. without merit.

2 hours ago, NM11046 said:

And we should acknowledge that this is being driving in a large part by groups outside of the democratic party.  Russias involvement in pro-Gabbard initiatives for instance is significant.  People need to continue to do their own research and fact finding and not get caught up in the accusations. without merit.

Do you have any evidence for Russia's involvement with Tulsi's campaign?

• Plus1 2

Hi Apsu,
You have been warned by Enhance for a comment made in a topic, Offending Posts Thread

Reason: Personal Attack
Content: Offending Posts Thread
Penalty:
  • Given 1 points which will never expire.

Note:

This kind of post is unnecessary. Attack the post, not the poster.

f#&% this s#!t, I am out of here.
Moderators - Please cancel my account.

• Haha 3
47 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Mods, you guys are biased.  I say this because I was recently warned for a post where I poked sarcastic fun at two people getting personal and was threatened with banning...for...I dunno, not personally attacking someone but making light of the situation I guess?  In closing, the mods seem to play some favorites and try to defend them.  I'm not a favorite.

Who are the favorites then? I could be wrong but most people who have been here more than a short time have warning points. Not everyone announces them when they happen. I have 4 and have been suspended before. Do you know that those 2 people didn’t also get warned?