The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

40 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Errr...

Democratic donors not wanting a progressive to win does imply the race is being rigged. It's just part of the deal - if you run as a progressive who wants to eat the rich, they're going to hate you.

Let the primary play out.

Open your eyes man.  Look how many negative articles are written about Bernie and how much negative press he gets on corporate media.  s#!t, I have to watch youtube to get any sort of positive news on him.  Next debate, see how the questions are framed when they ask Bernie and Warren about MFA.  See if the centrists are asked about 30,000 people dying every year and 500,000 going bankrupt.  Let me tell you, they wont be asked about that.  But Bernie and Warren will be asked how they will pay for it even though they have answered that question a million times and how middle class taxes will be raised.  Ever since Bill Maher said something about Klobuchar being a good candidate, they have been pushing her.  In the last debate she got 6 minutes more talking time than Bernie.  Tell me again how its not rigged.

• Plus1 2

17 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Donors often do not = voters.

Think of this.  How many poor people can afford to donate?  How many people in America are living below the poverty line?  That means that people with money decide who is going to win the primary and thus control the election.

Isn't the whole premise of rejecting big donor money that progressives do not need it to win because they can have such tremendous success with small donors?

I fully agree that poor people are disadvantaged when it comes to voting. My only point is the fact Democratic donors don't like Bernie or Warren doesn't mean they're having anything rigged against them; the rich are just getting squeamish.

Also, Clinton isn't going to run again. She's just posturing. I'd bet the house on it.

9 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Open your eyes man.  Look how many negative articles are written about Bernie and how much negative press he gets on corporate media.  s#!t, I have to watch youtube to get any sort of positive news on him.  Next debate, see how the questions are framed when they ask Bernie and Warren about MFA.  See if the centrists are asked about 30,000 people dying every year and 500,000 going bankrupt.  Let me tell you, they wont be asked about that.  But Bernie and Warren will be asked how they will pay for it even though they have answered that question a million times and how middle class taxes will be raised.  Ever since Bill Maher said something about Klobuchar being a good candidate, they have been pushing her.  In the last debate she got 6 minutes more talking time than Bernie.  Tell me again how its not rigged.

Yeah, most of the media flows downhill from corporations so of course it makes sense that they lean fiscally conservative and want to know how things are paid for. Part of that is self-interest on the business end of things and part of it is them thinking most of America really cares about taxes and government spending - right or wrong.

Personally I just don't care what the media writes about any of them. I follow actual news when I can but I'm not keeping tabs of who the media writes glowingly about and who they trash because it doesn't matter to me. I'm going to make my own mind up about every candidate.

7 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Yeah, most of the media flows downhill from corporations so of course it makes sense that they lean fiscally conservative and want to know how things are paid for. Part of that is self-interest on the business end of things and part of it is them thinking most of America really cares about taxes and government spending - right or wrong.

Personally I just don't care what the media writes about any of them. I follow actual news when I can but I'm not keeping tabs of who the media writes glowingly about and who they trash because it doesn't matter to me. I'm going to make my own mind up about every candidate.

It might not matter to you or to anyone here on huskerboard because we all pay attention.  To the average joe who doesn't follow closely, they see all the negative stuff about Bernie and think oh man he must be really bad if they always have bad things to say about him.  The media is suppose to be unbiased but if you think he gets treated fair youre not paying attention.  Just go read the comments on the Joe Rogan podcast and see how many people were duped about Bernie from media.  That is a form of rigging the primary when they knowingly do this in order to keep his popularity down.

5 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Tulsi announced she's not going to run for re-election to the House in 2020.

Lots of people wondering if she'll run as a third party candidate. I'm not entirely sure that wouldn't hurt Trump more than it would help him.

Yup - it's starting.  She's a scary candidate no matter how she runs.  The guy who was running against her in HI was gaining a lot of support (online and monetarily) since she came charging at Hilary on twitter and started appearing on Fox, so I think the liklihood of her getting re-elected there was slipping.

Her goal is to get out of politics into tv and Fox is the target. 

4 hours ago, NM11046 said:

Yup - it's starting.  She's a scary candidate no matter how she runs.  The guy who was running against her in HI was gaining a lot of support (online and monetarily) since she came charging at Hilary on twitter and started appearing on Fox, so I think the liklihood of her getting re-elected there was slipping.

Her goal is to get out of politics into tv and Fox is the target. 

If nothing else going on Fox a ton (Tucker, Hannity, all the typical garbage shows) means she's going to be in front of a lot of a lot more Republican eyeballs than Dem ones. She's certainly got her own faction of what you could call Dem voters, but they're mostly anti-establishment ones that don't like any other Dems very much at all.

I like this take from Nate Silver quite a bit.

7 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Interesting article on how Mayor Pete could become the Dem nominee.  Article lays out a roadmap that is plausible.

https://iowastartingline.com/2019/10/26/an-emerging-scenario-where-buttigieg-wins-the-nomination/

Hes about as corrupt as anyone could be. Just do a little research on the cop incident in his city. 

Id rather have Klobuchar. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1