The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

As I’m pretty sure you know BRB ~ SC, IA & NH are early primary states.  Lots of past elections have proven that those who perform well early in those get more visibility and interest when they do well or outperform expectations.  It’s why Pete has gotten lots of attention - nobody thought much of him and when he started to get noticed he got moee press etc.  I know I don’t have to explain it to you - because you are engaged and your remark is more snide than a true question.   

My point is Patrick’s entry now is calculated because with no money and no time in the field thus far, he is recognized and has history and contacts on the ground in SC and NH.  I don’t think he’ll blow anybody away and win or become the nominee but I do think he will likely perform better in NH and SC than a good number of current dem candidates.   Based on his history and recognition in those two key, early states.  

2 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

As I’m pretty sure you know BRB ~ SC, IA & NH are early primary states.  Lots of past elections have proven that those who perform well early in those get more visibility and interest when they do well or outperform expectations.  It’s why Pete has gotten lots of attention - nobody thought much of him and when he started to get noticed he got moee press etc.  I know I don’t have to explain it to you - because you are engaged and your remark is more snide than a true question.   

Yes, but there has to at least be some form of national recognition.  I have absolutely no clue who this guy is and I'm sure the vast majority of the people across the country are the same way.

This guy has no chance even if he does well in those three states.

39 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Uh, yeah.   Noted.  

See my response to BRB.  Same content would be my reply to you.  My comments were specific to his recognition being higher in those two early primary states.  

But you’re replying to sho who is obviously talking about him nationally. 

And he’s definitely not better known than we think. Being known in a couple states doesn’t change that. 

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes, but there has to at least be some form of national recognition.  I have absolutely no clue who this guy is and I'm sure the vast majority of the people across the country are the same way.

This guy has no chance even if he does well in those three states.

I don’t disagree - he won’t go far - my comments were only based on how he is recognized in areas that are early and will perform better than people anticipate in those areas.  He will get more attention and increased awareness nationally because of it.

His affiliation with Bain will be his downfall.

All set with talking circles about it.  

14 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

I don’t disagree - he won’t go far - my comments were only based on how he is recognized in areas that are early and will perform better than people anticipate in those areas.  He will get more attention and increased awareness nationally because of it.

His affiliation with Bain will be his downfall.

All set with talking circles about it.  

I think the history of him helping his BIL will also be cause for him not to be around long.

8 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Trump visited Walter Reed in an apparently unplanned visit in what they're calling "phase one" of his annual physical.

Does anyone with a functioning brain believe that? I've seen some speculation about what this was about on Twitter but it's not verified by anyone reputable so I'm not going to bother repeating it.

I hear there’s a tumor the size of a soccer ball growing on top of his neck.

(stolen from twitter)