The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

On 11/27/2019 at 7:25 AM, knapplc said:

Takeaway from that - Trump's lost 1/3 of that support. When he already lost the popular vote in 2016, he can't sustain any defections and still win in 2020.

Correct, he won Florida, Mich, Penn, Wisc by vary narrow margins.  In Mich and Penn he will be hurt by the fact that he didn't bring manufacturing jobs back.  In Wisc, he will be hurt by farmers seeing the affect of the tariffs-  I think he will be hard to repeat the Florida squeaker unless the Dems select a real bad candidate.  As of now, all of the top running Dems are more appealing than Hillary - one could debate that Hillary's stated policies may be more moderate than Sanders/Warren but I think once in office she would have gone that way as well. 

I think Kamala had been unofficially anointed by the DNC and checked off a lot of boxes for that unifying and unassailable Democrat who could carve Trump to pieces with her prosecutorial skill. She immediately attracted a lot of the top establishment advisers, the insiders who have to put their money down early.

What a surprise that there was almost no one there waiting for her. Least of all the African-American community. 

I am sure that the last couple months have been utterly galling for Harris and her team, looking up at the likes of Andrew Yang and Tulsi Gabbard outpolling her in her home state. 

Who will grab the 3% she leaves behind? 

44 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I think Kamala had been unofficially anointed by the DNC and checked off a lot of boxes for that unifying and unassailable Democrat who could carve Trump to pieces with her prosecutorial skill. She immediately attracted a lot of the top establishment advisers, the insiders who have to put their money down early.

What a surprise that there was almost no one there waiting for her. Least of all the African-American community. 

I am sure that the last couple months have been utterly galling for Harris and her team, looking up at the likes of Andrew Yang and Tulsi Gabbard outpolling her in her home state. 

Who will grab the 3% she leaves behind? 

Heard a good interview about this.  Speculation based in when she peaked and when others have is that her voters will likely choose a more traditional dem - Biden/Buttigeig/Booker/Klobacher.  Nobody thought Warren or Bernie would get them. 

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

The race dropped out of Kamala Harris months and months ago.  But now it's official.

I'm kind of surprised by this development.  Her support in Iowa must be nil.  With her debate skills I thought she would do better. 

Hopefully the NH and Iowa results will cut out all of the others who don't really have a chance and we can have some better debates between 3-5 candidates. 

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

I'm kind of surprised by this development.  Her support in Iowa must be nil.  With her debate skills I thought she would do better. 

Hopefully the NH and Iowa results will cut out all of the others who don't really have a chance and we can have some better debates between 3-5 candidates. 

She had only been to 19 of the counties in IA and had ZERO recognition other than, "I think she's from CA" and "I know she's a prosecuter".   Her campaign was really run so very poorly and did her a disservice.  

She'll make a great VP candidate or the next AG.

23 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

She'll make a great VP candidate or the next AG.

By dropping out early, I can very much see her as  a VP candidate.  You don't ruffle the feathers of the other candidates if you aren't on the debate stage.   And yes, secondarily as a AG - where honestly she may be more effective.   

• Plus1 1