The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

6 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

You can't post a link claiming fact and when I pull something from that link you say it's debatable.

Because it has been debated...one of many articles where this was discussed in prior years.  The idea of inheriting the recession and the timeframe has been a SUBJECTIVE discussion meaning not everyone agrees with what constitutes this.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/recessions-and-the-presidents-who-inherited-them

• Plus1 1

Just now, HuskerNation1 said:

Because it has been debated...one of many articles where this was discussed in prior years.  The idea of inheriting the recession and the timeframe has been a SUBJECTIVE discussion meaning not everyone agrees with what constitutes this.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/recessions-and-the-presidents-who-inherited-them

I'm not even clicking on that link because I see Fox News and Opinion.  Try again

• Plus1 2

Do you refute left-wing opinion pieces too shared in here from the NY Times, Wash Post, CNN or MSNBC?  Just wanting to see if your lack of engagement is consistent.

Can you show me left wing opinion pieces in here that were used to argue a point against me?  Because if you can, you'll likely get your answer.

2 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Can you show me left wing opinion pieces in here that were used to argue a point against me?  Because if you can, you'll likely get your answer.

This is just a general question since you said you generally do not read anything from Fox.  Do you click on/support articles from the NY Times, Wash Post, CNN, MSNBC or other outlets like Huff Post, Slate, etc...?  Or do you disengage from the debate when you see such an article was posted?

• Plus1 1

This is just a general question since you said you generally do not read anything from Fox.  Do you click on/support articles from the NY Times, Wash Post, CNN, MSNBC or other outlets like Huff Post, Slate, etc...?  Or do you disengage from the debate when you see such an article was posted?

I said I don't read opinion pieces from Fox

4 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I don’t know if people use left wing opinion pieces to argue their points here. I certainly never have because I like to find sources that can hold up to my own scrutiny which is what everyone should do.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

I don’t know if people use left wing opinion pieces to argue their points here. I certainly never have because I like to find sources that can hold up to my own scrutiny which is what everyone should do.

I agree with you but there is also context needed when looked at strings of data.  As I think many of us have found in the football forum, when a prior coach was running the show (let's say Bo Pelini) and we all had the same data to work with (win/loss record, defensive stats, offensive stats, etc..), not everyone drew the same conclusions regarding where the program was headed and whether it was on a positive trajectory or stuck in neutral.  Moreover, in the case of something larger like the US Economy, there are many data elements to look at.  You can have great GDP but not so great unemployment, so copying a graph only focused on one variable and trying to tell a story around that variable can be just as misleading as some links from outside news organizations.  Plus, with politics, there tends to be a lot of emotions and feelings and opinions on here.  I have seen plenty of tweets posted trying to blast Trump in one way or another that is someone else's opinion...not a fact.  I am not saying you have ever posted tweets as I don't really follow everything you post, but I do know many do post tweets.

On 11/15/2018 at 2:18 PM, Moiraine said:

I’m sure to him every article on NYT and Washington Post is an opinion piece ‘cause they’re worse than Breitbart. 

There are articles and opinion pieces on nearly all sites.. NY Times, Fox, Wash Post, Breitbart and more. Pretending they only exist on sites that lean to the right is naive at best.