The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

4 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Someday the truth will be written, but it's virtually certain that MSNBC has top-down instructions to take Bernie Sanders out of the race. 

It's across the board....from the pundits they feature, to the pundits they've banished, to the willful misrepresentations in their polls and graphics. 

If only anybody actually gave a s*** anymore what the legacy media says or thinks, that might actually matter.   :D

4 minutes ago, Undone said:

If only anybody actually gave a s*** anymore what the legacy media says or thinks, that might actually matter.   :D

Well I hear a lot of Dem voters parroting EXACTLY the MSNBC narrative from the video Landlord posted. They are shopping for other candidates, but not really falling in love. Bernie's base is both consistent and passionate. 

Interestingly enough, Fox kept up a drumbeat for months in 2016/2016 about Donald Trump being doomed to fade and a huge liability for the GOP at large. 

It's going to be interesting when the voters actually vote. 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Well I hear a lot of Dem voters parroting EXACTLY the MSNBC narrative from the video Landlord posted. They are shopping for other candidates, but not really falling in love. Bernie's base is both consistent and passionate. 

There's a snowball's chance in hell that a guy that openly admonishes pharmaceutical companies is going to be pumped up by the legacy media. Absolutely zero chance.

I have heard that as much as roughly 60-70% of network news' ad revenue is funded by pharmaceutical companies (which I understand doesn't fit the criteria for MSNBC). I don't have any source for that and that claim may be false. But even if it's not quite that high, I'm sure it's a sizeable chunk.

No chance of a guy like that getting the corporatists' blessings.

• Plus1 1
49 minutes ago, Undone said:

There's a snowball's chance in hell that a guy that openly admonishes pharmaceutical companies is going to be pumped up by the legacy media. Absolutely zero chance.

I have heard that as much as roughly 60-70% of network news' ad revenue is funded by pharmaceutical companies (which I understand doesn't fit the criteria for MSNBC). I don't have any source for that and that claim may be false. But even if it's not quite that high, I'm sure it's a sizeable chunk.

No chance of a guy like that getting the corporatists' blessings.

Yes and no. Every Democratic candidate and most Republicans will admonish Big Pharma in their stump speeches, promising to fight them over their ridiculously high drug prices. I think pharma knows who is the more serious threat (Sanders) and who they can lobby (Biden, Butteigieg) but fighting high drug prices and promoting job growth works across the voter demographics.

And here's an interesting take. Apparently the President thinks Big Pharma is trying to get him impeached:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/03/trump-suggests-pharmaceutical-industry-is-driving-impeachment.html

• Plus1 2

13 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

I don't know how you can pay for it?  He laid it out for you.  Tax the companies what you're supposed to tax them and it's a good starting point.

Thats not even the part that pissed me off the most. The part that pissed me off the most is that a member of the democratic party just admitted on live tv that he would vote for Trump over Bernie. And hes not the only person in the democratic party that feels that way.

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Voting for Trump over Bernie is idiotic at this point.

But....maybe the Dems need to nominate someone not as far far left as Bernie so they appeal to moderates.  

Or maybe they need to turn out their dem base, get people who normally don't vote to vote, get millenials to vote and stop worrying about moderate republicans and trump voters.  Just a thought.

I don't understand why the party that is suppose to be left leaning and for workers, which neither are true at this point, are obligated to pick someone moderates and republicans always want.  But actual people on the left never have anyone to vote for and that's okay to moderates as long as they have their nominee.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Or maybe they need to turn out their dem base, get people who normally don't vote to vote, get millenials to vote and stop worrying about moderate republicans and trump voters.  Just a thought.

Wow...ok.  Glad to know the Dems shouldn't give a s#!t about a moderate conservative like me.

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm not a Republican and I don't support Trump.

So....thanks for telling me I shouldn't have someone to vote for.

Youre telling me the same thing and everyone on the left the same thing.  You just said "But....maybe the Dems need to nominate someone not as far far left as Bernie so they appeal to moderates".  Im not sure why this is hard to understand.  The dems abandon their base every time to appeal to moderates and republican voters which makes people not want to vote or care to vote.  The republicans keep going right and the dems keep moving with them.  Try something new for a change.  Get out your own base, get disenfranchised voters and get young people.  That's how you win.  Not moving more right.  Not difficult stuff.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1