LOL yeah off the rails left like AOC right?  How dare her far left ideas like:

1. A living wage for all
  2. Medicare for all
  3. Free School/College for all
  4. 100% renewable engery
  5. Fixing the Water Problem in Flint
  6. Immigration reform
  7. Holding Wall Street accountable.

Just SOOOOOOO left leaning and progressive!  How dare someone want to have healthcare and schooling for all!!!

Keep in mind, this is what people say is too far left...it blows my mind.

Some of those are for me.

Sorry to tell you.

3 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Please do tell me which ones are :)  I'd love to talk about them. 

We've discussed them over and over and over again.  But...if we need to again...I guess this is what this board is for.

35 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:
  • A living wage for all (sounds great....but I'm not for this to be law for every job in America.)
  • Medicare for all (I've said I'm all for this being investigated and would probably support it.)
  • Free School/College for all (hell no)
  • 100% renewable engery (Yep...for it)
  • Fixing the Water Problem in Flint (shouldn't even be a political issue, this is infrastructure that Trump promised he would spend billions on)
  • Immigration reform (needed)
  • Holding Wall Street accountable. (catchy phrase.  really doesn't mean anything though.  Would need to hear specifics)

• Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

LOL yeah off the rails left like AOC right?  How dare her far left ideas like:

1. A living wage for all
  2. Medicare for all
  4. 100% renewable engery
  6. Immigration reform

Just SOOOOOOO left leaning and progressive!  How dare someone want to have healthcare and schooling for all!!!

Keep in mind, this is what people say is too far left...it blows my mind.

May to should have put quotes around the off the rails part so you wouldn’t have to get all riled up.  Whoever is going to defeat trump is going to need some conservative votes. Right or wrong, I would imagine a lot of conservatives view Warren and Bernie’s ideas as “off the rails “.  A more Centrist leaning candidate, in my opinion would be better. Last I checked, AOC isn’t running. Not sure why you mentioned her. 

5 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

No, whoever defeats Trump needs to not be him.  That's it.

I agree that Trump needs to be defeated. My point is that I worry that the Dem candidates viewed  as far left will not get enough votes. That’s why I like Bloomberg as a candidate. I think he can get conservative votes. 

22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:
  • A living wage for all (sounds great....but I'm not for this to be law for every job in America.)
  • Medicare for all (I've said I'm all for this being investigated and would probably support it.)
  • Free School/College for all (hell no)
  • 100% renewable engery (Yep...for it)
  • Fixing the Water Problem in Flint (shouldn't even be a political issue, this is infrastructure that Trump promised he would spend billions on)
  • Immigration reform (needed)
  • Holding Wall Street accountable. (catchy phrase.  really doesn't mean anything though.  Would need to hear specifics)
22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

We've discussed them over and over and over again.  But...if we need to again...I guess this is what this board is for.

This is exactly how I see the list too, though with College education, especially public universities, I want to see it affordable.   I believe a working family should be able to send their child(ren) to college without incurring massive amounts of debt.

• Plus1 1

Bloomberg is another old, white, rich man who is running because he is worried about his money.  No thank you.  

I understand the need to find a candidate that appeals to those who are less liberal, but look how far we've come since 2016 when Bernies ideas seemed nutso - now they're the core of many democratic candidate policies.  Someone like Bloomberg and Biden do not move us toward any sort of positive progression.  Yes, they're not Trump, but they're not much better (maybe less embarrassing and offensive but not better) for the people of the US.

If Steyer or Bloomberg put the money they are investing in their ridiculous vanity campaigns into tv ads and initiatives to flip Senate seats in purple states or support get out the vote work imagine the good they could do.

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

Same thing happened in 2016.  Same thing will happen again.  Just my opinion.  Bernie should have gotten the nom, Hillary got it because people became #scaredofTheLeft.  Hillary fatigue set in.  Cheetos in the White House.

Hillary also hi-jacked the DNC. I think all things being equal, Bernie might have gotten the nomination in 2016.

• Plus1 1

10 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

1. A living wage for all
  2. Medicare for all
  4. 100% renewable engery
  6. Immigration reform

Keep in mind that EVERY party and candidate platform is stuffed with lofty ideology that is more aspirational than achievable.

You aim high and prepare for the forces of moderation to whittle you down. If you aim high enough, the compromise might still be worth something. Starting at the center is the recipe for defeat. 

I think the understandable but inaccurate assumption of many Americans is that these Big Left ideas are taxpayer giveaways. They aren't. They're pretty smart investments that could have large returns across the board. Even Big Business could benefit directly from Free Tuition, renewable energy and immigration reform. They'd have to suck it up and endure some regulatory and corporate tax loophole reform, but they've been there before and managed to profit nicely. 

It's kinda crazy that the Green New Deal doesn't make the list. Almost nothing on the list matters if the climate continues to change at this rate. Gen Z and the Millennials will be asked to live through this, and they are genuinely pissed at the Boomer's priorities. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

I think we're vastly underestimating the youth of America right now and what they want in a President.  I also think we're not even considering Hispanic voters...

https://www.univision.com/univision-news/politics/hispanics-could-make-a-difference-in-2020-if-they-turn-out-to-vote

I think there are going to be some awfully surprised and disappointed people at what happens in the Primary this year.

I don't think everyone is underestimating -  Indivisible and other liberal/dem grassroots efforts are focused on POC and those below the age of 35 because of how crucial they are - which is why the new voter registrations being up in those areas is so exciting.  As are the changes in FL and elsewhere to allow previous felons to vote, and those who have outstanding fines.  Predominantly these are folks of color who typically vote Dem.

The key question will be (imho) if hispanics in the younger generation vote with their religious as much as their parents.  In the past the prioritization of the choice question has moved these folks to the GOP vote which has always puzzled me since the racial discrimination and immigration thoughts the GOP put out are just offensive.

12 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

I think we're vastly underestimating the youth of America right now and what they want in a President.  I also think we're not even considering Hispanic voters...

https://www.univision.com/univision-news/politics/hispanics-could-make-a-difference-in-2020-if-they-turn-out-to-vote

I think there are going to be some awfully surprised and disappointed people at what happens in the Primary this year.

Younger voters have never had good turnout. I hope that changes but I'm not gonna believe it will until I see it.