The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

1 hour ago, ActualCornHusker said:

It's ridiculous that anyone would actually think this...

What's sad is, you're going to vote for Trump (or whatever Republican runs in 2020 if he's medically unable) and you don't know him as well as the people who will vote against him.

Ignorance is disgusting, and real people are hurt by it.

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

What's sad is, you're going to vote for Trump (or whatever Republican runs in 2020 if he's medically unable) and you don't know him as well as the people who will vote against him.

Ignorance is disgusting, and real people are hurt by it.

I've never voted for a particular party and never will. I've voted Dem, Republican, and 3rd party based on whoever's policy proposals are best.

Voting straight party tickets is the ignorant view,  and so is making assumptions that are incorrect, so i agree - ignorance is disgusting. 

Just now, ActualCornHusker said:

I've never voted for a particular party and never will. I've voted Dem, Republican, and 3rd party based on whoever's policy proposals are best.

Voting straight party tickets is the ignorant view,  and so is making assumptions that are incorrect, so i agree - ignorance is disgusting. 

I totally believe that.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Voting straight party tickets is the ignorant view

Not when one of two parties is so egregiously and irrevocably toxic that voting for them merely enables their bad behavior. In that event, which is where we are now, withholding all support for them is the only sensible response. Former Republicans who've left the party believe this as do I.

When the party unshackles themselves from Trump and decides to have some principles again, I'll consider voting for them again.

7 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Not when one of two parties is so egregiously and irrevocably toxic that voting for them merely enables their bad behavior. In that event, which is where we are now, withholding all support for them is the only sensible response. Former Republicans who've left the party believe this as do I.

When the party unshackles themselves from Trump and decides to have some principles again, I'll consider voting for them again.

I find these types of comments that litter the P&R forum on this board to be... not sure if the right word is hysterical, delusional, off base, or a combination of all those... not because the GOP isn't what you describe, but because people here seem to think that the Dems are any better. And this is the type of thinking (on both sides) that perpetuates the election of crap candidates with crap policies that continue to erode individual liberties, spend money we don't have, and expand the scope of the federal government far beyond a legitimate, effective,  or sustainable size, thereby inevitably ensuring either an eventual collapse, civil war, or both. Yes, both parties do this. 

On a related note, my mom told me a couple days ago she’ll never vote for a Republican again. She was a staunch Republican 20 years ago and is very pro life. Then started voting for a few non Republicans here and there 15 years ago but has always voted for some Republicans, I think even up through 2018 although probably just in very local elections.

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, knapplc said:

This honestly surprises me, but it makes he hopeful for the election and the aftermath. If Trump loses, one of my biggest fears is he'll attempt to force the military into supporting a coup. According to this, maybe that's not so likely.

I followed the link and they broke it down into actual dollars. It's not a ton of money, but it's interesting that the military supports Bernie over Trump and even Buttigieg. But even more interesting that Buttigieg outpaces Trump.

LINK

I’ve thought of is as a possibility as well, but one thing I keep thinking is... he’s in Washington D.C. I feel like it would be difficult to pull off. Too many people in the area are against him. 

I also don’t think he has the guts, unless he believes he’ll wind up in jail after his term is over. 

6 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I find these types of comments that litter the P&R forum on this board to be... not sure if the right word is hysterical, delusional, off base, or a combination of all those... not because the GOP isn't what you describe, but because people here seem to think that the Dems are any better. 

The Dems are better. They're much better across the board, really.

They're still an unsavory turd sandwich I'd rather have nothing to do with, but that's a different thing.

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, Landlord said:

The Dems are better. They're much better across the board, really.

They're still an unsavory turd sandwich I'd rather have nothing to do with, but that's a different thing.

Dems are just as corrupt if not more so than the GOP, and now they've drifted so far left that their actual policies are radical. JFK would not recognize the Dem party of today. I can agree with the left on legalizing marijuana and a reasonable path to citizenship for illegals off the top of my head, but pretty much every other policy is pure idiocy

9 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Dems are just as corrupt if not more so than the GOP, and now they've drifted so far left that their actual policies are radical. JFK would not recognize the Dem party of today. I can agree with the left on legalizing marijuana and a reasonable path to citizenship for illegals off the top of my head, but pretty much every other policy is pure idiocy

Is that why over half of america agrees with many of those 'radical' policies? 

• Plus1 3
9 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

It's like you've never met an actual Democrat and just agree with all the far-Right tropes.

• Plus1 4