The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

9 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

Well looks like the NYT is going to have to come up with another BS narrative now. Im sure they will come up with something, they always do. 

State-specific polls are interesting especially in the first-in-line states. But I'm rather surprised by this national poll.  Everything I keep hearing is that Biden trails.  That's clearly not the case.

Bernie is no lower than 2nd in any of these states, and Warren (who I thought had broad support) is no higher than third.

I continue to not understand the Buttigieg thing. You'd think his age and relative lack of experience would be a bridge too far for most voters... but he's maintaining support in these polls.

• Plus1 1

37 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Takeaway from that - Trump's lost 1/3 of that support. When he already lost the popular vote in 2016, he can't sustain any defections and still win in 2020.

So far. They intend to vote Trump now but I have a feeling if these people voted blue in 2018 once they see the Dem nominee and see them up against Trump in debates alot could change.

5 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

So far. They intend to vote Trump now but I have a feeling if these people voted blue in 2018 once they see the Dem nominee and see them up against Trump in debates alot could change.

That depends a lot on who the nominee is.  If people are jumping from voting for a Republican in 2016 to Democrats in 2018, that would indicate they are independent and probably center of the political spectrum.  

They were obviously comfortable voting for Republican talking points in 2016.  They might not be the people who are going to get excited to vote for proposals like what Bernie or Warren are promoting.  They might end up in a situation where they are really tired of Trump's crap.  But on policy, they aren't comfortable with the left agenda from them.

15 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That depends a lot on who the nominee is.  If people are jumping from voting for a Republican in 2016 to Democrats in 2018, that would indicate they are independent and probably center of the political spectrum.  

They were obviously comfortable voting for Republican talking points in 2016.  They might not be the people who are going to get excited to vote for proposals like what Bernie or Warren are promoting.  They might end up in a situation where they are really tired of Trump's crap.  But on policy, they aren't comfortable with the left agenda from them.

I think this election will be the least policy driven result in recent memory and thats why I think people may say they are going to vote Trump for awhile but once they get in the ballot box I think it will really come down to a moral decision. 2016 was much more difficult because many couldn't in good concious choose Hillary. If the Dems elect Bernie or Warren the moral decision is much easier than last time.

4 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

What in the absolute world....

Just taking a wild guess that it’s fake...

edit: probably not fake.  I watched the whole video and the context was him describing how he was the only “white guy” they knew.  Not much different than black people being frustrated when white people try to touch their hair.