The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

Oprah would be a strong candidate in many ways, except her religious stature would likely hurt her with Dems who hate religious people in general. She's extremely smart and very popular otherwise. But I somewhat have a feeling she would not want the loss of her financial empire. It would be good to have someone of her good, honest, sincere and wholesome character to run on the Dem side - a refreshing and new experience for most Americans who are below the age to have voted for Jimmy Carter. He was a very very good and decent person - the last Dem I can recall who was nationally involved - although he was an awful President. He didn't understand economics and foreign policy was completely beyond him in many ways. A typical scientific mind with little common sense in so many ways.

So instead of learning from that experience, we "double-down" on Trump. Thanks!

(edit: real estate =/= economics)

• 2 weeks later...

Biden disses Hillary. Separating himself from the 2016 disaster.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/05/19/biden-disses-clinton-i-never-thought-she-was-a-great-candidate-i-thought-i-was-a-great-candidate/?tid=hybrid_collaborative_1_na&utm_term=.ef1e7d49e0e6

Former vice president Joe Biden stirred the Democratic pot a little bit on Thursday night.

Appearing at the SALT hedge fund conference in Las Vegas, the possible 2020 presidential candidate weighed in on Hillary Clinton's 2016 candidacy in a way that Clinton supporters sure won't like.

“I never thought she was a great candidate,” Biden said, according to reports. “I thought I was a great candidate.”

Biden clarified, according to CNN, that “Hillary would have been a really good president.” But that isn't likely to make Clinton supporters feel much better.

Biden isn't the first leading Democratic figure with possible designs on 2020 to apparently slight Clinton. Clinton's 2016 primary foe, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), has repeatedly offered some version of this quote: “It wasn't that Donald Trump won the election; it was that the Democratic Party that lost the election.”

Those comments have definitely rubbed some Clinton supporters the wrong way, and Biden's are likely to even more so, given how direct they were.

Of course, Biden isn't saying anything that most every election analyst hasn't. You can make a pretty objective case that Clinton wasn't a great candidate, given she lost an election she was expected to win to an opponent who became the most unpopular president-elect in modern history. And even Clinton herself has acknowledged her shortcomings in appealing to voters.

I am not a natural politician, in case you haven’t noticed, like my husband or President Obama,” she said at a Democratic debate in March 2016.

• Fire 2

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/05/19/biden-disses-clinton-i-never-thought-she-was-a-great-candidate-i-thought-i-was-a-great-candidate/?tid=hybrid_collaborative_1_na&utm_term=.ef1e7d49e0e6

Former vice president Joe Biden stirred the Democratic pot a little bit on Thursday night.

Appearing at the SALT hedge fund conference in Las Vegas, the possible 2020 presidential candidate weighed in on Hillary Clinton's 2016 candidacy in a way that Clinton supporters sure won't like.

“I never thought she was a great candidate,” Biden said, according to reports. “I thought I was a great candidate.”

Biden clarified, according to CNN, that “Hillary would have been a really good president.” But that isn't likely to make Clinton supporters feel much better.

Biden isn't the first leading Democratic figure with possible designs on 2020 to apparently slight Clinton. Clinton's 2016 primary foe, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), has repeatedly offered some version of this quote: “It wasn't that Donald Trump won the election; it was that the Democratic Party that lost the election.”

Those comments have definitely rubbed some Clinton supporters the wrong way, and Biden's are likely to even more so, given how direct they were.

Of course, Biden isn't saying anything that most every election analyst hasn't. You can make a pretty objective case that Clinton wasn't a great candidate, given she lost an election she was expected to win to an opponent who became the most unpopular president-elect in modern history. And even Clinton herself has acknowledged her shortcomings in appealing to voters.

I am not a natural politician, in case you haven’t noticed, like my husband or President Obama,” she said at a Democratic debate in March 2016.

If Hillary supporters are given a choice between Trump and Biden, they will give zero craps about his comments yesterday..

If Hillary supporters are given a choice between Trump and Biden, they will give zero craps about his comments yesterday..

I think Biden is setting that quote up for running against Sanders or Warren. Hillary is really unpopular, so this is a good way to distance himself from her.

• Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...