The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

On 12/20/2019 at 7:43 AM, QMany said:

I agreed with your prior assessment, but I think this is a false equivalency. 

These trademarks had been on file since 2016 and 2017. Trump was in in the middle of tense negotiations with China at the time they were approved. Ivanka is working in the White House setting American policy but reaping personal rewards.

That is not the same as Hunter Biden. Nepotism is normal for stuff like that; I don't like it but don't consider it the same as corruption. If Ivanka wants to leave the WH and get a cushy Board job somewhere she's not qualified based on name alone (like the Trump Foundation, for example), I wouldn't give two sh*ts as long as it doesn't affect US policy decisions.

This is a fair point and a good distinction to make.

Ivanka, Kushner, et al. shouldn't really have any power in U.S. government. They're utterly unqualified and it's clear their positions are 100% nepotistic. Very few people on the world stage take them seriously as U.S. representatives unless they want to kiss Trump's a$$.

Hunter Biden is just garden variety nepotism, cashing in on his name with no leverage on U.S. policy.

• Plus1 2

7 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

And we have admission from Trump, and now evidence to back up the admission...so it wasn't just about saying things and nothing happening...it was actually planned and orchestrated by the White House.

Pretty interesting that you continue to think nothing is being admitted and nothing is wrong.  This is our commander in chief right here...if I had done what he did in my role as a United States Air Force Sergeant, I'd have been brought up on charges and chased on out of the military.

But look at it this way Blitz, with this POTUS you'd also likely get pardoned and rewarded for your behavior and the fact that you wore a uniform.  

So maybe you would be a Trump supporter ...

I have decided that people who continue to support him do so because they see something of themselves in him and his actions, or they see the person they want to be in a different life.  The pretend "I support his policies" really doesn't have any substance.  We see it by his GOP surrogates who flail, lie, sputter and redirect on the Sunday shows, with the higher than normal resignation rates in the party and in his administration, in our friends and family and here on HB.  Some day the psychologists will study this time and define a new "Stockhom Syndrome" sort of diagnosis for what we're seeing today.  It's a far deeper, psychological issue than just party and supposed "policies".  It's gone far beyond that now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Redux said:

I'll be more interested in seeing the psychological studies into TDS.

Can we study Obama derangement syndrome while we are at it? And the equally dangerous Hillary derangement syndrome. There is a new strain of the disease popping up now a days, it's called the Biden derangement syndrome

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Redux said:

Get me a straight jacket then, they are both guilty.  Only those with TDS continue defending Biden for doing the same thing Trump did.  No amount of "devil in the details" changes that they are both either guilty or both innocent.

Nah man if you think Trump is guilty of anything other than being the greatest human being ever to live you have TDS too

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

Nah man if you think Trump is guilty of anything other than being the greatest human being ever to live you have TDS too

Lol wut?  Dude did exactly what he's accused of, it's just a matter of whether or not it's okay and if he admitted it.  If Biden is in the clear so is Peach.  Biden admitted it proudly, Peach implied it at worst.

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

What personal benefit did Biden gain from firing Viktor Shokin? 

This has already been talked to death.  Burisma, Hunter Biden, blah blah blah.  People can talk about the timeline as proof.  It's not.  Billions of dollars are on the line here, personal involvement, shady relationships and people are willing to ignore all that because Joe Biden "acted in the interests of America."  Lol no.  But it's a conspiracy when Google takes down the ads of Tulsi when she is among the top Google searches after a presidential debate.

Bottom line.  If both guys eventually rele5the funds, shady or not, they are both innocent.  Personally I don't care if they are or aren't.  But you can't have it both ways.