The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

What point? It's just more of the same "the fever will break" from Biden and can be summarized as "Trump is bad, but the GOP is ok."

???  he never mentions the gop in the ad.   he is talking about repairing the damaged relations with our allies.

16 minutes ago, commando said:

???  he never mentions the gop in the ad.   he is talking about repairing the damaged relations with our allies.

I know he doesn't mention the GOP, but the ad is just about how Trump is bad. It's part of Biden's stance that somehow the GOP will suddenly be just fine if only Trump is gone.

3 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Strong disagree. I think Bernie Sanders is the best opponent to go up against Donald Trump, and I think Donald Trump is beginning to realize that. 

Sanders (according to my gambling site that takes all my money) seems to be trending up, Biden is sort of staying the same, and Warren basically has the same odds as I do right now.

I think Sanders is the only one that can debate with Trump.  Warren already soiled herself and Joe, I am not sure what to make of him.

6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Agree. 

I know conservatives like Evan hate facts but ill provide them anyways. 

The three candidates that do the best with independents according to every poll is Sanders, Yang and Gabbard. Sanders out performs polls because he gets unlikely voters to vote. Bernie crushes all others with millenial and gen x generations. Guess which generation had the highest turnout in 2018?

Bernie would have beat Trump in ‘16 and he will beat him in ‘20 unless the MSM and people like Evan keep lying. 

Biden will get crushed in the rust belt with his terrible record on trade. Why risk it?

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Frott Scost said:

The three candidates that do the best with independents according to every poll is Sanders, Yang and Gabbard. Sanders out performs polls because he gets unlikely voters to vote. Bernie crushes all others with millenial and gen x generations. Guess which generation had the highest turnout in 2018?

Bernie would have beat Trump in ‘16 and he will beat him in ‘20 unless the MSM and people like Evan keep lying. 

Biden will get crushed in the rust belt with his terrible record on trade. Why risk it?

I think Sanders can beat Trump.

But do you know anything about McMullin?

Also, Sirota is showing general election polls. If Sanders "beats" Trump by 2-3% in the popular vote, he probably still loses the election. Anyone talking about chances of winning is talking about the election, not the popular vote.

• Plus1 2
7 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Also, Sirota is showing general election polls. If Sanders "beats" Trump by 2-3% in the popular vote, he probably still loses the election. Anyone talking about chances of winning is talking about the election, not the popular vote.

Yep. 

8 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Yeah hes a never Trump conservative. Why should I care what he has to say? He fundamentally opposes everything Sanders stands for.  

Polls also show him winning in Michigan and other rust belt states too which is what you need to win. He has the best record on trade which Is a big deal in that area. 

He outperforms polls because he gets unlikely voters out to vote. Half the country didnt vote last election. His main strategy is to get young voters and disenfranchised voters to the polls. If he doesnt do that in the primaries he loses. If he does and he wins the nomination he will crush Trump. 100%. He has the most money, the most volunteers and the most staff which means he has a grassroots movement that others, like Biden, dont have which means he reaches more people which means more votes. 

Hold the base? Check. Bring in new voters? Check. Bring out independents? As I said before, Sanders Yang and Gabbard do the best with independents so check. Dont give a s#!t about turning the MAGA losers? Check. Thats how you win. 

• Plus1 2
57 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Yeah hes a never Trump conservative. Why should I care what he has to say? He fundamentally opposes everything Sanders stands for.  

Polls also show him winning in Michigan and other rust belt states too which is what you need to win. He has the best record on trade which Is a big deal in that area. 

He outperforms polls because he gets unlikely voters out to vote. Half the country didnt vote last election. His main strategy is to get young voters and disenfranchised voters to the polls. If he doesnt do that in the primaries he loses. If he does and he wins the nomination he will crush Trump. 100%. He has the most money, the most volunteers and the most staff which means he has a grassroots movement that others, like Biden, dont have which means he reaches more people which means more votes. 

Hold the base? Check. Bring in new voters? Check. Bring out independents? As I said before, Sanders Yang and Gabbard do the best with independents so check. Dont give a s#!t about turning the MAGA losers? Check. Thats how you win. 

I think you are spot on. Bernie has major support from voting blocks that aren't being polled. He is by far the biggest threat to Trumps reelection hopes.

4 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

McMullin wants Trump to lose. You don't have to agree with what he thinks of Sanders' chances, but that doesn't mean he "hates facts."

And I don't know why you wrote all of this in response to me. I just said I think Sanders can win. And I would much prefer him over Biden. But even in Michigan, I'm guessing Biden has a better lead against Trump. He polls further ahead of Trump than Sanders in most of the polls I've seen. Those are some of the facts. I do agree though, there is a group of people they probably aren't doing a good job of capturing in these polls, and those people are more likely to vote for Sanders than for Biden. Young people voted in much higher numbers in 2018 than ever before. This is pretty amazing:

1072858_1_1115-youthvote_large.jpg?alias

Voter turnout for the midterm was huge for all ages, but older people are almost assuredly tracked better by polls.

15 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

Polls aren't a fact. It's near impossible to craft one that perfectly reflects reality, and 10 months is a long time for voter perceptions to change. McMullin is entitled to his opinion that Bernie wouldn't beat Trump. It's just as easy for me to picture a reality where this happens as it is to picture one where Bernie wins. I know which situation seems more likely to me, but they're both possible.

• Plus1 1