The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

1 minute ago, NM11046 said:

Waiting for Gaetz/Grisham/Jr/whomever to say that Lev obviously took multiple writing pads home from Vienna and wrote those notes last week to try and save himself.

I just hope he's not another Avenatti that gets all media crazy and doesn't have the goods to back it up.

Given what he has provided thus far I don't think that will be a problem. At the very least he can do some explaining about the texts with Hyde. But my guess is he has plenty to talk about as I believe the texts we've seen are just the tip of the iceberg. Probably the most explosive parts, but I'd venture to guess there are way more texts that will act as corroborating evidence to some of the stuff we already know. 

7 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Fake News.

I've seen a bunch of Trump supporters claiming the source is unreliable and the Parnas texts are fake news. As if it's not actual evidence. One guy was saying the phone hasn't been finger printed insinuating the texts were made up. Crazy 

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

The whole thing is stupid and exactly what the Russians/GOP want us to do ---- spending time ripping on each other instead of focusing on the issues and the a$$hole in the WH.  Wish it would stop getting play - two people remembering things differently isn't news.

Well....that is normally what happens in the primaries.  The candidates are fighting to win so they attack the people they are running against at the time.  

It's exactly why Trump doesn't want Republican primaries.

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I've seen a bunch of Trump supporters claiming the source is unreliable and the Parnas texts are fake news. As if it's not actual evidence. One guy was saying the phone hasn't been finger printed insinuating the texts were made up. Crazy 

but hyde already confirmed that he sent those messages.   he was saying they were drunken banter between friends.   of course those messages cover 3 days so it must have been a real bender he was on.

1 hour ago, commando said:

IMO if he isn't fighting with someone there it will get less coverage.   i think he is right to avoid that and move onto taking on trump.  that's what this election is about...all the dems should be doing that rather than fighting each other.

either that or he is stepping back and let warren and bernie destroy each other.   

That'd be true if the Dem nomination was already decided, but this is the Dem primary where the candidates are competing against each other. If all they did was talk about Trump, then the primary would be pointless.

Biden is weak both debating and campaigning, so anything that he can do to stay out of the spotlight helps him.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, commando said:

IMO if he isn't fighting with someone there it will get less coverage.   i think he is right to avoid that and move onto taking on trump.  that's what this election is about...all the dems should be doing that rather than fighting each other.

either that or he is stepping back and let warren and bernie destroy each other.   

Debating each others records and policies is exactly what should be happening during the primary because Trump def wont hold anything back so we need to pick the best person. Biden is vulnerable and the other dem opponents and media are letting him lie up there with no repercussion. See foreign policy topic and trade last night. You think Trump is going to let him lie?

2 hours ago, NM11046 said:

The whole thing is stupid and exactly what the Russians/GOP want us to do ---- spending time ripping on each other instead of focusing on the issues and the a$$hole in the WH.  Wish it would stop getting play - two people remembering things differently isn't news.

Well I guess Putin got to the MSM then because they are the ones breaking these stories, trashing Sanders on a daily basis and asking questions that end with why is Sanders wrong. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

That'd be true if the Dem nomination was already decided, but this is the Dem primary where the candidates are competing against each other. If all they did was talk about Trump, then the primary would be pointless.

Biden is weak both debating and campaigning, so anything that he can do to stay out of the spotlight helps him.

That was the point I was trying to make...

31 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Well I guess Putin got to the MSM then because they are the ones breaking these stories, trashing Sanders on a daily basis and asking questions that end with why is Sanders wrong. 

I know you're trying to be sarcastic here, but there are a lot of examples of them getting to the media.  John Solomon being top of mind.     

The MSM will put what gets viewers on the air and they are certainly flaming the fires if there's anything they can nit pick about for any of the candidates.  We've learned nothing from 2016.

those notes are nothing compared to the text messages that we have seen.   

2 hours ago, NM11046 said:

Fake News.

2 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

but hyde already confirmed that he sent those messages.   he was saying they were drunken banter between friends.   of course those messages cover 3 days so it must have been a real bender he was on.

It has been crazy watching the Ever Trumpers deflect on this stuff.

• Plus1 1