The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

What is so stupid about this is that she is a liar, we are all liars.  Every single one of us has lied.  

We all agree on that, right?  We have all told a lie in our life and we are all liars.

She should have went up to him, shook his hand and said something like "I guess we are about to see if a woman can be President, because I just beat the pants off of you" 

I did see a poll that had Warren performing best during the debate.

I'm also not sure if you ask some of Bernie's most ardent supporters they would agree he has ever lied.

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

What is so stupid about this is that she is a liar, we are all liars.  Every single one of us has lied.  

We all agree on that, right?  We have all told a lie in our life and we are all liars.

She should have went up to him, shook his hand and said something like "I guess we are about to see if a woman can be President, because I just beat the pants off of you" 

The optics of her confrontation after the debate were bad.

• Plus1 1

Going to just use this one to shut the book on "Trump's black support is surging!" narrative that pops up every now and again.

More than 8 in 10 black Americans say they believe Trump is a racist and that he has made racism a bigger problem in the country. Nine in 10 disapprove of his job performance overall.

The pessimism goes well beyond assessments of the president. A 65 percent majority of African Americans say it is a “bad time” to be a black person in America. That view is widely shared by clear majorities of black adults across income, generational and political lines. By contrast, 77 percent of black Americans say it is a “good time” to be a white person, with a wide majority saying white people don’t understand the discrimination faced by black Americans.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

The optics of her confrontation after the debate were bad.

Yeah, I am sort of surprised that it came off that way.  Maybe she is not as popular as some of her fans seem to think she is because that should have been a home run move for her.  

It SHOULD show that she is tough, stands up for herself, won't be bullied and is kind of a hardass.  But it really doesn't seem like that is how people are looking at it.

42 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, I am sort of surprised that it came off that way.  Maybe she is not as popular as some of her fans seem to think she is because that should have been a home run move for her.  

It SHOULD show that she is tough, stands up for herself, won't be bullied and is kind of a hardass.  But it really doesn't seem like that is how people are looking at it.

Because it's a big show and it's an obvious desperation move, and I think most Democrats/Independents regardless of who their favorite candidate is want the Dem candidates to mostly get along. I don't really have a favorite, I just don't want it to be Biden unless he's the only one who can beat Trump.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

Because it's a big show and it's an obvious desperation move, and I think most Democrats/Independents regardless of who their favorite candidate is want the Dem candidates to mostly get along. I don't really have a favorite, I just don't want it to be Biden unless he's the only one who can beat Trump.

Ahhh, do you think she sort of planned it out?  I did not really think of that, I thought it was a spur of the moment thing.  

17 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Last night A.D. reminded viewers that the Ds didn't try to enforce their subpoenas because 'it would take too long.'  Then Pelosi sat around doing nothing for weeks.  Now they essentially want to restart the investigation with flavor of the month.  

So the question is; do you think Pelosi wants the trial going on during the Iowa Caucuses, thus removing Biden's competition from the field?

On 1/16/2020 at 11:05 AM, Frott Scost said:

Krystal Ball spitting fire

I think this Krystal Ball and her show/podcast are as bad as Fox and their opinion shows.  SE Cupp and others.  Only have to read the headline to know that it's junk looking for attention and a click.  

Curious  @Frott Scost as we often agree on things in this forum - what's your message here?  I know (think) you're a big Bernie supporter, but do you feel you have to go this route?

3 hours ago, NM11046 said:

I think this Krystal Ball and her show/podcast are as bad as Fox and their opinion shows.  SE Cupp and others.  Only have to read the headline to know that it's junk looking for attention and a click.  

Curious  @Frott Scost as we often agree on things in this forum - what's your message here?  I know (think) you're a big Bernie supporter, but do you feel you have to go this route?

Ball speaks truth. Im sorry if you feel she is one sided as she does not hide her progressive roots and calls out the establishment shills when they lie on her show. Her co-host is populist right wing so its a show that brings on people from the entire political spectrum so you get both sides. Curious which MSM outlet you watch if this is too extreme for you?

As far as what route im going here, what did Ball say that was inaccurate? Has Warren called out Biden on his record this entire campaign when she fought him when the bill was being debated? It just shows she is a fauxgressive. I said this months ago. I didnt need Ball to tell me as I could see it with my own eyes when people would tell me her and Bernie are the same.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Frott Scost said:

Ball speaks truth. Im sorry if you feel she is one sided as she does not hide her progressive roots and calls out the establishment shills when they lie on her show. Her co-host is populist right wing so its a show that brings on people from the entire political spectrum so you get both sides. Curious which MSM outlet you watch if this is too extreme for you?

As far as what route im going here, what did Ball say that was inaccurate? Has Warren called out Biden on his record this entire campaign when she fought him when the bill was being debated? It just shows she is a fauxgressive. I said this months ago. I didnt need Ball to tell me as I could see it with my own eyes when people would tell me her and Bernie are the same.

I didn't watch it - I find the headline a National Inquirer like turn off, and feel like that's not "news" that I need to see.  Would rather read facts for myself instead of watching others flame the fire per say.  Personal preference on that I guess -  Cant speak to the others on her show or its content as I don't watch.  I appreciate that you say their show has both sides I guess.

As far as MSM - mostly I'm in the car ... NPR, BBC and then a couple shows on MSNBC in the late afternoon (Nicole Wallace and Katy Tur).  My politics are progressive as you know, I just don't like the inflamatory takes on any of our candidates by our own people.  I know you'll say they're competing and we all need to know issues a candidate faces in the primary as the GOP will attack the finalist and I agree - I just wish we'd share the facts in a mature way - no need for bs "White Feminism" and etc.  Not a good look for our party imo.  And not a whole lot different than the headlines you see on some of the very conservative media.