The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

17 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

It's strange how he has been sorta championing for Bernie on twitter lately. Reverse psychology?

He knows he needs Bernie voters again this time so he keeps saying how Bernie is getting screwed to piss them off into voting for him. Its so obvious but there are idiots out there that say “hes doing it because hes scared of Biden being the nominee”. Lol

If they make this into a tv ad with trumps recording its over. The only thing Biden has on him is the electability argument and this squashes it into a million pieces. I think we will see one by mid next week right before Iowa.  

• Plus1 2

7 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

He knows he needs Bernie voters again this time so he keeps saying how Bernie is getting screwed to piss them off into voting for him. Its so obvious but there are idiots out there that say “hes doing it because hes scared of Biden being the nominee”. Lol

If they make this into a tv ad with trumps recording its over. The only thing Biden has on him is the electability argument and this squashes it into a million pieces. I think we will see one by mid next week right before Iowa.  

Man, if that is true...Trump really is a freaking genius. I think it just has more to do with the fact that He knew/knows Sanders had a better change than Clinton, but maybe you are right, maybe Trump is sort of toying with voters.  

As far a free college goes...why can't we have our traditional college system AND a government run E-college that is "free" and have adjunct professors (lord know they love b!^@hing about how they can't get jobs at "real universities") and offer that as a college plan?  No expensive buildings needed, no bloated budgets for sports and land, no campus security needed, no stupid requirements like the ACT or SAT,  just bare bones, E-learning with a real degree that is awarded at the end.

Ironic that this was uncovered, given that the Crime Bill is often weaponized by Sanders supporters against Biden as an example of him supporting bad legislation.

It's probably a good idea to remember that politicians have all supported things that seemed like a good idea at the time but wound up poorly, evolved views over time, etc. The deification of someone like Sanders, or politicians in general, as somehow faultless or heroes is not a great idea.

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, knapplc said:

That was 25 years ago. I've changed so much in the last 25 years that I'd certainly disagree with my 1994 views today.

These super-old videos of politicians expressing different political views really don't resonate with me.

Agreed. I posted it to illustrate a point. 

I care a lot more about what one stands for today and what they want to do moving forward than spending so much time and energy digging up every single vote and stance from the past. 

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Agreed. I posted it to illustrate a point. 

I care a lot more about what one stands for today and what they want to do moving forward than spending so much time and energy digging up every single vote and stance from the past. 

Sort of depends on your age too...

18 to 40 is a big difference.

50 to 75?  Hmmmm

• Plus1 1
20 hours ago, knapplc said:

That was 25 years ago. I've changed so much in the last 25 years that I'd certainly disagree with my 1994 views today.

These super-old videos of politicians expressing different political views really don't resonate with me.

Sometimes something dramatic occurs - like the election of Donal J Trump and a person has to stop and evaluate what they believe and what they support.   One of those  'born again' moments when all of a sudden you see things differently.  That is what happened to me.

I see politics differently, the GOP differently and talk radio differently.  The Dems are no longer the enemy and the GOP is no longer clean as white wool in my eyes.  Much easier to see the truth as an independent voter than being beholding to one party or another.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

FoxNews Poll has trump way behind the Dems in polling.  Fox "News" analayists concentrate not on that bad news but on the 42% (note that isn't a majority) who give Trump credit for the economy.  Joseph Goebbels  would be so proud. :facepalm:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-friends-covers-fox-news-poll-completely-ignores-part-showing-trump-down-big-to-2020-rivals/

A just-released Fox News poll offered some dire numbers for President Donald Trump. But if the commander-in-chief was watching Fox & Friends on Sunday morning (and he was, for at least part of the broadcast) — he’d think the latest 2020 forecast was all sunshine and rainbows.

In the brand new survey, Trump is shown lagging behind the top six Democratic candidates — in some cases, well behind. The poll has former Vice President Joe Biden leading Trump by a whopping nine points at this stage of the race. Former New York Mayor Mike Bloomberg also has a commanding eight point margin over the president. Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) has opened up a six point lead on Trump, and Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) is currently up by five. South Bend, IN Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) also lead Trump in the survey.

But Fox & Friends failed to mention any of that on Sunday morning in their five-minute segment breaking down the numbers. Instead, Fox & Friends Sunday hosts Griff Jenkins, Lisa Boothe, and Pete Hegseth zeroed in on a poll number which showed 42 percent of voters believe Trump and the Republican party are most responsible for the current economy. (TG:  Hey Fox news people - you may not have taken math in college - let me clue you in on a secret - 42% is not a majority of Americans)

“It’s really quite apparent that the Democrats, no matter who it is … you’ve got to run against a booming economy, a booming stock market, and wages on the rise,” Jenkins said.

“Voters say ‘I just can’t give credit to [former President Barack] Obama for that anymore,'” Hegseth added, “‘It has to be President Trump.'”

Later, Jenkins complimented the electorate — the same electorate which has Trump, at this stage, getting clobbered by his potential election opponents.

“Voters aren’t stupid,” Jenkins said.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I... I don't know what to say about this. There are several videos of Joe telling people to go vote for someone else.

Has he seen the polls? He isn't exactly running away with the nomination. He keeps putting "go vote for someone else" on film, and people will.

Not a good look at 36 seconds. I would get extremely upset if someone grabbed me by the jacket like that. It was fairly gentle, but I would be very close to walking away. Also, not a great way to garner votes for the primary or general. image.thumb.png.af1d15b9b964e15ed652933b3fcd2ed4.png

Say hello to President Sanders.  Biden is effectively removing himself from serious consideration - alluding to the fact he may die in office - he's an old guy.

The news source has the video and the quote

Regarding the source:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/grabien-news/

Mixed Factual Reporting - Not always Credible

Grabien - Right Biased - Conservative - Republican - Mostly CredibleRIGHT BIAS

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.

• Overall, we rate Grabien Right biased based on story selection and sourcing that significantly favors the right. We also rate them borderline Questionable for factual reporting due to failed checks and use of sources that have very poor track records with fact checkers.

THE ARTICLE:

https://news.grabien.com/story-joe-biden-whomever-i-pick-vp-needs-be-able-be-president-beca

Democrats’s leading 2020 candidate is warning voters he might die in office. 

Former Vice President Biden offered the startling admission during a campaign appearance Tuesday in Clinton, Iowa.

"I can think of at least 8 women, at least 4 or 5 people of color that I think are totally qualified to be vice president of the United States,” Biden said. “But for me, it has to be demonstrated that whomever I pick, there's two things: One he's capable of being a president, because I'm an old guy."

“No, I’m serious,” he emphasized, before emphasizing that he’s actually in good shape and that “I work out every morning.”

As for who the “people of color” are who Biden might look to as a possible vice president, Biden floated Michelle Obama.

But that wouldn’t be the only member of the Obama family he would try to elevate. Biden additionally suggested he’d try to put former President Obama on the Supreme Court. 

During a question-and-answer session at the same campaign stop, Biden said “I sure would like Michelle to be the vice president. “

He said he would like putting Barack Obama on the Supreme Court, but “I don’t think he’d do it.”