The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why can’t we have a President that doesn’t love Russia?

More might come out, but that description by Li is a lie for this video.

Has it ever been wrong to point out Cuba's healthcare system is better than ours when it is? In my opinion it's more meaningful to point out when an inferior or poorer country is better at something important than we are. He's talking about transportation systems and the arts, not way of life in general. There isn't anything in his above comments that needs to be defended.

I've been to places run by dictators that had some nice things about them, including things they're better at than the U.S. That doesn't mean I want the U.S. to be a dictatorship.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why can’t we have a President that doesn’t love Russia?

Not sure whats better. Nuclear war or a politician traveling to Russia to promote peace while at the same time acknowledging they have a nice transportation and some nice cultural sites? Someone help me out. 

Btw some republicans went on that “honeymoon” also. Must have been awkward for him and his wife...

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Bernie is hardly radical and if he seems like a "crazy choice" it's because of just how far gone this country already is.

He may have some cult-like followers (nowhere near the MAGA level), but at least it's in support of a platform that is entirely based on improving our quality of life instead of white nationalism. You're not going to fear for your safety if you happen upon a pro-Bernie demonstration. Can't say the same about the group of white nationalists.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 3
39 minutes ago, mrandyk said:

Bernie is hardly radical and if he seems like a "crazy choice" it's because of just how far gone this country already is.

He may have some cult-like followers (nowhere near the MAGA level), but at least it's in support of a platform that is entirely based on improving our quality of life instead of white nationalism. You're not going to fear for your safety if you happen upon a pro-Bernie demonstration. Can't say the same about the group of white nationalists.

Youre spot on. This country has moved so far to the right the “center” is where Mitt Romney is. Left wing is considered where Nancy Pelosi is even though in every other country she would be in the conservative party. Raising the minimum wage is considered radical in this country. The overton window needs to move back to the left so the “center“ is actually a combination between the two parties. 

• Plus1 1

19 hours ago, Moiraine said:

More might come out, but that description by Li is a lie for this video.

Has it ever been wrong to point out Cuba's healthcare system is better than ours when it is? In my opinion it's more meaningful to point out when an inferior or poorer country is better at something important than we are. He's talking about transportation systems and the arts, not way of life in general. There isn't anything in his above comments that needs to be defended.

I've been to places run by dictators that had some nice things about them, including things they're better at than the U.S. That doesn't mean I want the U.S. to be a dictatorship.

image.png.51b62239a33ab22698b53d21cc75725e.png

• Haha 1