The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

10 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Bloomberg has been in all of one debate and he endured about 6 people constantly attack him about his money and past transgressions.  How could anyone look good in that situation?  This past one was the only debate I've watched, but I thought Biden looked OK. Nothing bad, nothing spectacular.  

The thing is though, what makes you think Trump will be a good debater?  He wasn't against Hillary and I'd actually be surprised if he would agree to more than one debate, if that.  There is a trove of Trump's bad behavior the Dem could pile on him almost at will and could cause him to loose his cool very easily.  So, while I don't see any of the dems as particularly "good" debaters, I certainly don't see Trump as one.  I think he's scared to do them and will likely think of an excuse to get out of it.  

Go back and watch a debate Bloomberg was in when running for NYC mayor and let me know how he was. I've seen one and he was just as bad as he was in the recent Dem debate.

Trump is actually pretty good in debates, just go back and watch him destroy everyone in the Repub field, but not because he's a good debater. He doesn't have the handicap of logical consistency or the truth, and he attacks his opponents on personality and hypocrisy. He'll just attack Bloomberg repeatedly as being as bad as himself or worse on issues like sexism and racism, and then reduce Dem voter turnout by saying there's no point in electing a different devil who doesn't even agree with the Dem base on these issues. It's the same playbook he used successfully against Hillary, and Bloomberg might even be the only candidate with less charisma than Hillary.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
13 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Bloomberg has been in all of one debate and he endured about 6 people constantly attack him about his money and past transgressions.  How could anyone look good in that situation?  This past one was the only debate I've watched, but I thought Biden looked OK. Nothing bad, nothing spectacular.  

The thing is though, what makes you think Trump will be a good debater?  He wasn't against Hillary and I'd actually be surprised if he would agree to more than one debate, if that.  There is a trove of Trump's bad behavior the Dem could pile on him almost at will and could cause him to loose his cool very easily.  So, while I don't see any of the dems as particularly "good" debaters, I certainly don't see Trump as one.  I think he's scared to do them and will likely think of an excuse to get out of it.  

Hes actually an excellent debater. He appears strong and is always on the offensive even when someone brings his past up he flips it. Just go back and watch some of the GOP debates. He makes Jeb Bush, Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio look like elementary school children not knowing what to say. 

I hate Trump but some of the things he said in those debates you cant help but laugh. 

42 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Go back and watch a debate Bloomberg was in when running for NYC mayor and let me know how he was. I've seen one and he was just as bad as he was in the recent Dem debate.

Trump is actually pretty good in debates, just go back and watch him destroy everyone in the Repub field, but not because he's a good debater. He doesn't have the handicap of logical consistency or the truth, and he attacks his opponents on personality and hypocrisy. He'll just attack Bloomberg repeatedly as being as bad as himself or worse on issues like sexism and racism, and then reduce Dem voter turnout by saying there's no point in electing a different devil who doesn't even agree with the Dem base on these issues. It's the same playbook he used successfully against Hillary, and Bloomberg might even be the only candidate with less charisma than Hillary.

Very well said!

OK so what makes a person a "good" debater?

Stay consistent with your stances no matter how badly attacked?

Remaining stoic in the face of personal attacks?

Lying and demeaning your opponent with accusations?

Speaking with facts and personal convictions?

Showing confidence no matter how right or wrong you are?

Behaving like a royal jacka$$?

Just curious..

25 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Just curious..

Showing confidence and strength. For democrats I think staying on point with policy is more important than republicans. 

Bloomberg and Trump debate would be a pissing contest that Bloomberg cant win, Trump is too witty and quick on his feet (threw up saying that a little bit) At least with Biden he would talk a little about policy which I think would make him a better candidate than Bloomberg. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
On 2/19/2020 at 10:03 AM, Frott Scost said:

Lmao he releases three doctors note. One of which has past medical history, medications being taken, vital signs, blood work results including cholesterol levels, EKG results, stress test results a detailed report of the procedure he undertook for the heart attack. Along with another report from a cardiologist that discuses the results from the stress test. And then a letter from the US Senate physician saying hes good to go. Some people wont be happy until they see pictures of his last colonoscopy. 

Cant people see its a revolving news cycle since they cant debate him on the issues. One week USSR, then its he owns three houses, when that doesnt work its “bernie bros”, when that doesnt work medical records. This same news cycle has happened last month and the month before also. It will happen next month also and when it doesnt stick again they will be forced to start saying Bernie can beat Trump and writing nice articles a out him because it is pretty clear with him hitting over 30 in multiple polls and double digit lead in multiple polls that he will be the nominee. 

Well Bernie won Nevada handily. CNN starting to bend the knee. MSNBC still in the denial stage lol. Chris Matthews and James Carville need a tissue but Im sure most of their network will come around soon. 

3 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Just curious..

This is a great question.

I think tha Frott explained it well...Quick wit is key.  

On 2/19/2020 at 11:53 PM, Frott Scost said:

Well Warren came back from the dead tonight. Her stock dropped when she backed away from MFA. She became the Warren of old again tonight with her populist, anti-corruption message. Her poll numbers will rise. Hear me now, quote me later. I think it was a little too late for her, however. Should have listened to your progressive advisors instead of the Kamala Harris/Obama advisors you hired exactly around the same time you backed away from your progressive policies and your poll numbers plummeted.

I apparently have better political instincts than any of the losers on MSNBC...