The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

12 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

a recent 538 article claimed that most of the 'late deciders' went to Biden.  They were late deciders because their own candidates dropped out of the race on the eve of the election.  without the brazen collusion, the moderate votes get split among Pete B, Klobuchar, etc and Sanders is still in the delegate driver seat. 

And to add to it, Warren staying in really hurt Bernie as well

• Plus1 1

23 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

a recent 538 article claimed that most of the 'late deciders' went to Biden.  They were late deciders because their own candidates dropped out of the race on the eve of the election.  without the brazen collusion, the moderate votes get split among Pete B, Klobuchar, etc and Sanders is still in the delegate driver seat. 

10 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

And to add to it, Warren staying in really hurt Bernie as well

What a total load of BS. 

All you two are doing is being Trumps Hand maids. Congrats. 

So....what would have changed with their timing of their withdrawal from the race?  

It’s pretty interesting when you see political propaganda work so well like this within the cult. 

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

The guy you quoted as a Sanders supporter is just Anti-Trump.  I went through 3 pages of his tweets before I found a Sanders tweet/retweet...and it was this one:

So, maybe you should do a little more research before you think a single tweet by some random person is a Bernie supporter.

Yeah ... not doing any sort of research on this stuff - what I see and what I hear is enough.  I don't take time to look through historical tweets of each person I see on twitter, but when I see multiple people saying things along the same lines it leads me to believe that it's a theme.  

4 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

Where in my post did I say that?

You didn’t.  Just a simple question.  You did say Biden is going to get his a$$ kicked.  To me that would imply that his opponent was a good candidate.  Which in my opinion, Trump is not.  

It may be another 2016 with two “bad” candidates. Except now I think there are more “never Trumpers “ than before and that will be the difference.  Especially in the swing states. 

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

What a total load of BS. 

All you two are doing is being Trumps Hand maids. Congrats. 

So....what would have changed with their timing of their withdrawal from the race?  

It’s pretty interesting when you see political propaganda work so well like this within the cult. 

I didn't say anything about it, but just pointing out a fact. Fauxcahontas staying in through super Tuesday hurt Bernie a lot, in addition to the "moderates" dropping out and endorsing Joe

3 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

You didn’t.  Just a simple question.  You did say Biden is going to get his a$$ kicked.  To me that would imply that his opponent was a good candidate.  Which in my opinion, Trump is not.  

It may be another 2016 with two “bad” candidates. Except now I think there are more “never Trumpers “ than before and that will be the difference.  Especially in the swing states. 

I dont see how anyone could back one Dem candidate and say another will get their a$$ kicked. At the end of the day the only thing that matters in this election is defeating Trump. Most voters aren't going to care about the policy. People are going to the polls to either defeat or defend the current President.

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, Moiraine said:

@Danny Bateman  you replied to theeast important stuff about Guy’s post.

Is Biden going to cut SS and Medicare?

Is Biden going to keep Trump’s tax cuts?

Is he going to let fracking go on as it is?

Is he going to undo the s#!tty executive orders?

I hope the answers to those are good.

-No. He wants to protect and expand both programs. (https://joebiden.com/older-americans/)

-No. He's got fairly comparable plans to Bernie in most regards and in place of a wealth tax plans to offer some interesting tax breaks for lower-income Americans (https://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonynitti/2020/03/06/tale-of-the-tape-comparing-the-tax-plans-of-joe-biden-and-bernie-sanders/#5f6db6214443j)

-No. Biden has a fairly robust climate plan, but he's not as unwilling to moderate on some issues like nuclear energy and fracking in a way that doesn't leave him as vulnerable in the election, IMO. (https://joebiden.com/climate/)

-Not sure which ones you mean but I'd imagine not.

When you look at his stated intentions, they're quite progressive. I would add that what Joe Biden the senator advocated for is quite different from what Joe Biden the president would aim to achieve. People get hung up on past positions a lot as if politicians changing their views is somehow a bad thing. It'd be like we should all expect Bernie to maintain Trump's policies on immigrants or roll over for the gun lobby because those are views he's had in the past.

10 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I didn't say anything about it, but just pointing out a fact. Fauxcahontas staying in through super Tuesday hurt Bernie a lot, in addition to the "moderates" dropping out and endorsing Joe

Nice try at walking back. 

The start of your post indicated that you agreed with the previous post. 

14 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Just because I dont think Biden is a good candidate doesnt mean I think Trump is. Trump has a big base of support and has a 95% approval rating in his party. Every Trump supporter will be voting. Does Biden excite enough people to get them to take work off and go vote or spend their time waiting in line at the polls just because hes not Trump? Who knows but I dont think he does. Not everyone votes just because you arent the other person. You have to give people a reason to vote and the only thing Biden offers is hes not DT. I dont think thats enough.

• Plus1 1