The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Joe can delay it for a while but eventually Trump is going to pound him like a trope for the his non-response during the Obama-Biden Swine Flu.  I wonder if JB would do better by starting the cycle early.

Complete nonsense.  Obama and Biden not only acknowledged the swine flu, but they actually did something about it instead of dismissing and downplaying it repeatedly like Trump has with COVID.  And know that he finally is forced to acknowledge it, he picks fights with Governors, berates reporters and yes as you mentioned, blames Obama.  Trump is worthless, Joe.  I think deep down you know that, but for some reason will never admit it.

• Plus1 3

9 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Complete nonsense.  Obama and Biden not only acknowledged the swine flu, but they actually did something about it instead of dismissing and downplaying it repeatedly like Trump has with COVID.  And know that he finally is forced to acknowledge it, he picks fights with Governors, berates reporters and yes as you mentioned, blames Obama.  Trump is worthless, Joe.  I think deep down you know that, but for some reason will never admit it.

They didn't quarantine a bird's turd.  And it took them 6 months to declare a state of emergency, during which Obama blamed Bush every day.  So far not 1 Husker in this thread has posited how much safer we'd be under President Hilary. Because you know. 

14 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

They didn't quarantine a bird's turd.  And it took them 6 months to declare a state of emergency, during which Obama blamed Bush every day.  So far not 1 Husker in this thread has posited how much safer we'd be under President Hilary. Because you know. 

Yeah...we know. 

It’s because she isn’t president. 

That doesn’t mean the turd that is shouldn’t be held accountable. 

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yeah...we know. 

It’s because she isn’t president. 

That doesn’t mean the turd that is shouldn’t be held accountable. 

and also because most people here don’t particularly like her.

But she absolutely would have handled this better because she isn’t a f#&%ing moron like Trump, and she would have done it without calling members of the media and Republicans the enemies of the people and attacking governors who didn’t praise her. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

For all you folks in here that STILL support Trump either directly...or by believing what he says and thus indirectly supporting him and what he's doing....here's a good rule of thumb:

1. Just assume Trump is lying...always.
  2. Research his claims and make up your own mind...he is a pathological liar and the only thing worse than that is the millions of people who believe him.  Make up your own mind doing your OWN research on topics.

Should allow you to make an informed decision. 

But....Qanon says.......

Almost a 100 years ago, the USA called on a NY governor to come to the aid of the country in the midst of a crisis.  FDR and the Great Depression will forever be tied together.

Could it be the time for another NY Gov to come to the forefront in the midst of the current crisis?

Perhaps the Dems need to start a draft Cuomo for president movement.

This is a powerful speech - honest, truthful.  Opposite of trump's grandstanding.

https://wcbs880.radio.com/articles/news/cuomo-announces-4-more-temporary-hospitals

87% approval rating

https://www.wsj.com/articles/coronavirus-response-sends-cuomos-popularity-surging-11585560602

Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s approval ratings soared this month as he responded to the surging outbreak of the novel coronavirus, a new poll shows.

A poll released Monday by the Siena College Research Institute found 87% of those surveyed approved of how the Democratic governor has handled the epidemic. The poll also found 76% liked the response of their local health department, 74% approval for Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, and 41% for both President Trump and Vice President Mike Pence.

Overall, the number of New Yorkers who view the governor favorably surged to 71% this month, up from 44% in February, the poll found.

Poll spokesman Steven Greenberg said Mr. Cuomo was winning “near universal support.”

https://news.yahoo.com/president-cuomo-daydream-those-fretting-100000517.html

While Americans are stuck at home, the Democrat dominating the airwaves to counter President Donald Trump’s messaging about the coronavirus is not the one seeking to replace him in the Oval Office -- it’s New York Governor Andrew Cuomo.

And that’s causing some daydreaming for political junkies with time on their hands.

Joe Biden, the presumptive Democratic nominee, is also holding daily briefings that are scoring high marks for empathy, sound advice about physical and mental health, and for offering a solid plan about what he would do if he were not a private citizen waiting out the virus at his home in Delaware.

Amid a global pandemic, Cuomo’s near-daily briefings about New York’s response to Covid-19 have become the Democratic counterpoint to Trump’s appearances that most Americans see -- and unlike Biden, he’s able to actually put his plans into action.

It’s created a moment in the spotlight for a politician who ruled out running for president in November 2018, and who’s endorsed Biden.

Cuomo was U.S. housing secretary in the Clinton administration and is the oldest son of beloved Democratic New York Governor Mario Cuomo, who dallied with running for president in the 1980s and 1990s. As if that wasn’t enough of a Democratic political dynasty, Cuomo, 62, was once married to a Kennedy.

Meanwhile we have Trump grandstanding - using the crisis as a political campaign

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-vaunts-tv-ratings-amid-virus-pandemic-201026555.html

US President Donald Trump took to Twitter on Sunday to vaunt the television ratings of his daily briefings on the coronavirus pandemic gripping the United States.

"Because the 'Ratings' of my News Conferences etc. are so high... the Lamestream Media is going CRAZY," the president tweeted.

"President Trump is a ratings hit," he said quoting, the first sentence in an article in The New York Times.

What Trump omitted, however, was the remainder of the sentence.

The full sentence read: "President Trump is a ratings hit, and some journalists and public health experts say that could be a dangerous thing."

The newspaper went on to say that Trump "has repeatedly delivered information that doctors and public health officials have called ill informed, misleading or downright wrong."

Trump ignored those comments and focused on the numbers saying viewership for his briefings was similar to that of Monday Night Football or the finale of the hit show "The Bachelor."

The president also lashed out at the media.

"The Lamestream Media wants us to fail," he said. "That will NEVER happen!

"Polls are showing tremendous disapproval of Lamestream Media coverage of the Virus crisis," he said. "The Fake News just hasn't figured that out."

Trump has been holding lengthy daily briefings around 5:00 pm (2100 GMT) from the White House briefing room accompanied by top medical experts and Vice President Mike Pence.

The whole "release elderly prisoners" issue that has come up all of a sudden is a ridiculous issue in my mind.  Why the hell should a prisoner, just because he's over a certain age, be released?  I've seen people on line calling for mass releasing of prisoners from places like Rikers Island.  Sorry...no.

So, someone like Harvey Weinstein should be released just because he's elderly.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

The whole "release elderly prisoners" issue that has come up all of a sudden is a ridiculous issue in my mind.  Why the hell should a prisoner, just because he's over a certain age, be released?  I've seen people on line calling for mass releasing of prisoners from places like Rikers Island.  Sorry...no.

Because they're in jail to be punished, not murdered. Leaving them in that environment during this crisis is a death sentence.

1 hour ago, BlitzFirst said:

For all you folks in here that STILL support Trump either directly...or by believing what he says and thus indirectly supporting him and what he's doing....here's a good rule of thumb:

1. Just assume Trump is lying...always.
  2. Research his claims and make up your own mind...he is a pathological liar and the only thing worse than that is the millions of people who believe him.  Make up your own mind doing your OWN research on topics.

Should allow you to make an informed decision. 

I just assume every politician is pretty much lying.  Not even in an evil way but in that "I need to make sure 51% of the people like me way"

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yeah, this seems a bit extreme to me.  

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Because they're in jail to be punished, not murdered. Leaving them in that environment during this crisis is a death sentence.

So, if Charles Manson were still alive, he should be released.

What about Gary Ridgeway (Green River Killer) age 70?

Dennis Rader (BTK Killer) age 73?

David Burkowitz (Son of Sam) Age 65?

What about serial rapists that have been put behind bars to keep the public safe?

Now, we just let them roam free?

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

What about serial rapists that have been put behind bars to keep the public safe?

I mean, it is clearly a horrible idea and even the biggest SJW's in America know that but for them to say they are against it means they actually are okay with people being in prison.

Could you imagine calling home to let some girl know that the dude that raped her and beat her was being released because he might get sick.

Or calling a family that had a son who was kidnapped and killed to say "Well, we are letting the guy out because he is 58 years old and might get sick...and if he gets sick there is a chance he could die"

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

None of these guys would be considered for release. It's for people who aren't considered a threat to society.