The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

10 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I think you're misunderstanding who's being played by this tweet. It is literally designed to have the exact effect on Bernie supporters as it's had on you.

How did I fall for it when I plan on voting for Biden? There are a lot more hardcore Bernie supporters out there than me that Im sure it did work on. 

7 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

There what is? A tweet from Trump trying to divide the Democratic Party? I doubt many people fall for this BS. 

I bet it works on more people than you think. If not voting for Trump than at least sitting the election out. The dems did no favors in their treatment of Sanders to counter this narrative either. They are still treating him like s#!t as you can see from the videos I posted earlier. 

3 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

How did I fall for it when I plan on voting for Biden? There are a lot more hardcore Bernie supporters out there than me that Im sure it did work on. 

You didn't fall for it but I'm not sure we're culpable for Trump making his utterly predictable play to win over angry Bernie supporters either.

Maybe those Bernie supporters crossing over to support him should just claim some personal responsibility for their own actions? If all it takes is tweets from Trump they were likely in the Never Biden camp anyway.

Tensions are running a bit high right now. Maybe we ought to let things cool down a bit and reassess then.

congrats to trump is trending on twitter.

i can't believe some of the bernie fans saying they are sitting out or some even voting for trump...when bernie says he is going to work to defeat trump.    maybe a lot of his supporters weren't really there for bernie if they are willing to work against his desire to beat trump?

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

I did not say you "fell for" anything. I said it was designed to engender the reaction you gave. In you, because you understand the consequences of this election, it's not going to change anything. In others, like you're saying, it probably will. 

Trump's whole goal was to drive wedges into the Democrats. He'd be driving a different wedge depending on who the last candidate standing was, but whether that was Warren or Mayor Pete or Klobuchar or Bernie or Biden, he'd have tweeted something like this today.

Is it any coincidence that roughly 28% of Americans identify as Republican and then this poll results come out?

link

But the poll conducted on Monday and Tuesday found that 72% of all U.S. adults, including 79% of Democrats and 65% of Republicans, supported a requirement for mail-in ballots as a way to protect voters in case of a continued spread of the respiratory disease later this year.

I know it says 65% of Republicans support it, but I'm not buying it.

16 minutes ago, commando said:

congrats to trump is trending on twitter.

i can't believe some of the bernie fans saying they are sitting out or some even voting for trump...when bernie says he is going to work to defeat trump.    maybe a lot of his supporters weren't really there for bernie if they are willing to work against his desire to beat trump?

Alot of his supporters on twitter are Russian bots/trolls

• Plus1 2

Cha-Ching...

Thanks D's for doing all you could to be corrupt and collude so that your boy Weekend at Biden's could be the nominee instead of a guy that actually has new fresh (well, sort of) ideas and actually can debate.

Thank you for letting me cash in on my bet!

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, knapplc said:

@BlitzFirst and @RedDenver and any other people who leaned Bernie, where do you guys see him fitting in to a Biden administration?

Or would he better serve in his role as Senator?

I'm honestly not sure. I'm more interested in the policies than the personalities, so Bernie might actually do more to push his agenda by leading a movement outside of the Dem establishment and Biden team. And I'm not sure if a cabinet position is any better than being a senator. But I'm open to whatever overtures Biden is willing to make.

I'm interested to see what team Biden ends up doing, but I remain skeptical. Now that Bernie has suspended his campaign, I think Biden and co will pretend like he never existed as they pivot to the right.

• Plus1 1

Just now, RedDenver said:

I'm honestly not sure. I'm more interested in the policies than the personalities, so Bernie might actually do more to push his agenda by leading a movement outside of the Dem establishment and Biden team. And I'm not sure if a cabinet position is any better than being a senator. But I'm open to whatever overtures Biden is willing to make.

I'm interested to see what team Biden ends up doing, but I remain skeptical. Now that Bernie has suspended his campaign, I think Biden and co will pretend like he never existed as they pivot to the right.

I think that would be a huge mistake. Maybe they do - Biden's been a centrist his whole life - but they really need Bernie & Pete & Kamala et al to show a united front.

Maybe Bernie would be better served just splitting off from the Democratic party (after this is done) and forming a new, viable, third party.  He clearly has an appeal to a large swath of America. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I think that would be a huge mistake. Maybe they do - Biden's been a centrist his whole life - but they really need Bernie & Pete & Kamala et al to show a united front.

Maybe Bernie would be better served just splitting off from the Democratic party (after this is done) and forming a new, viable, third party.  He clearly has an appeal to a large swath of America. 

Buttigieg and Harris are pretty centrist themselves. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I agree, but I also thought that in 2016 right before Hillary gave the middle finger to Bernie's supporters with her pick of Tim Kaine and then ignoring the entire progressive movement.

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

There was a movement for a People's Party after 2016 that tried to recruit Bernie but he refused. I think Bernie will continue to support the movement he started but start to fade into retirement over the next few years.

10 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This sounds nice in theory and in a better system we'd have more than two parties, but if these two wings of the left don't get along and agree to support each others' candidates (and the GOP remains intact), it functionally forces our country into unopposed Republican rule.

So it would really depend on how its structured and how the different factions react to each other.