TGHusker

The 2020 Presidential Election - Primaries

Just now, Redux said:

And people say Fake News is fake.  This is the danger of social media.

Yea its hard to trust anything on Facebook these days. Alot of these websites are created to troll people of either extreme.

39 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I only saw a small part of the debate last night - who did well and why..  Who did the worse and why?   I read some place where Biden was pretty quiet. 

All did well except Buttigieg. He got exposed big time by not only Sanders and Warren but Klobuchar also lol. 

Edit: and Yang also. I forgot he had a devastating line about shaking money from the wine cave tree.

See - and all I heard today in MA was how Petes response to Warren was the zinger (about her coming after him but she had moveD a bunch of money from big donors from her Senate campaign to her presidential one) and “that money hasnt changed your focus and thoughts has it?”

18 minutes ago, Redux said:

I did not read it, I saw it on a Trumper FB buddies wall.  Had to assume it was exaggerated pretty hard, but I don't think it was a NYT link.

Haha, I thought you were just making a joke, not that it was an actual article!

10 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

See - and all I heard today in MA was how Petes response to Warren was the zinger (about her coming after him but she had moveD a bunch of money from big donors from her Senate campaign to her presidential one) and “that money hasnt changed your focus and thoughts has it?”

Yeah that's why it was crucial for Bernie and Yang to put the nail in his coffin since Warren was vulnerable also.  Then Klobuchar called out his lie about winning a statewide election in Indiana during the Mike Pence era and how he has no experience doing anything.  You could say what you want and Ive said in the past he has done weill in debates because he isn't challenged, and that is coming from someone who you know doesn't like him and can see through the façade, he looked bad last night.  My guess is we will start to see drop in Iowa and New Hampshire in two weeks time.

Winecavepete was trending all night on twitter.

3 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Yeah that's why it was crucial for Bernie and Yang to put the nail in his coffin since Warren was vulnerable also.  Then Klobuchar called out his lie about winning a statewide election in Indiana during the Mike Pence era and how he has no experience doing anything.  You could say what you want and Ive said in the past he has done weill in debates because he isn't challenged, and that is coming from someone who you know doesn't like him and can see through the façade, he looked bad last night.  My guess is we will start to see drop in Iowa and New Hampshire in two weeks time.

Winecavepete was trending all night on twitter.

So who came out the 'winner' last night in your opinion.  Who moved their argument forward the most and who looks like they could defeat trump.   

Just thought of something -   we need a new slogan  "Dump Trump".

4 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

So who came out the 'winner' last night in your opinion.  Who moved their argument forward the most and who looks like they could defeat trump.   

Yang I thought won.  Bernie was quick on his feet and looked strong and was also kinda funny, I think he could hold his own against Trump.  I hate to say it but Biden showed fight last night.  He and Bernie got into it and both came away looking strong.  Warren did well, Im just unsure about how she would do against Trump.

1 minute ago, Frott Scost said:

Yang I thought won.  Bernie was quick on his feet and looked strong and was also kinda funny, I think he could hold his own against Trump.  I hate to say it but Biden showed fight last night.  He and Bernie got into it and both came away looking strong.  Warren did well, Im just unsure about how she would do against Trump.

Don't like Biden myself but he had his best debate by far last night

6 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Good to hear Yang asserted himself. I'll have to watch it at some point

Just now, ActualCornHusker said:

Good to hear Yang asserted himself. I'll have to watch it at some point

I like Yang a lot.  He is in a battle with Warren for my second choice.

19 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Then Klobuchar called out his lie about winning a statewide election in Indiana during the Mike Pence era and how he has no experience doing anything. 

He didn't say it was a statewide election and it wasn't a lie, he just wasn't properly clear and she used it as an opportunity to clarify the specificity of what he said in a way that made him look not as impressive.

14 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Biden/Warren/Sanders/Klobuchar all came out very well. The winner was probably Biden or Klobuchar; the former because he's got the most to lose and it was the best he's looked and the first time he's actually come across as competent and sharp and capable, the latter because she's a massive underdog but this was by far the most she has shined. If she sticks around, this will be the turning point that started her sticking around.

• Plus1 1

Just now, Frott Scost said:

I like Yang a lot.  He is in a battle with Warren for my second choice.

He's a lot more palatable for me than Sanders or Warren by a wide margin. Still not a huge fan of several of his policies, but i appreciate that he's very analytical

Just now, Landlord said:

Biden/Warren/Sanders/Klobuchar all came out very well. The winner was probably Biden or Klobuchar; the former because he's got the most to lose and it was the best he's looked and the first time he's actually come across as competent and sharp and capable, the latter because she's a massive underdog but this was by far the most she has shined. If she sticks around, this will be the turning point that started her sticking around.

Good to hear about Klobuchar.  She seems to be a person of substance.

Just now, Frott Scost said:
I know this is somewhat anecdotal but these are real voters and not just pundits giving their opinion. None thought Klobuchar won. 

They're probably just defining the terms differently. Klobuchar won if you're looking at it in terms of who gained the most relative to their position. She won the way that P.J. Fleck would win coach of the year even if Urban Meyer is obviously a better coach who performed better.