The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

^^^ Besides # 2 - Biden's VP choice will be aimed at the 10% dissatisfied GOP voter/independent who have seen the light on Trump.

My thinking:  I would not be surprised by a bit more moderate choice but it will be someone from one of those blue states that went red last time - Wisc, Mi, Penn  or a purple state like Florida that went to Trump.

2 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Im sure half the country wont vote again if Biden is the nominee because he cant even excite his own dog when he comes home from a long day at work. 

I think voter turnout will be at near record levels, if not an all-time high, and they'll vote for Biden or Bernie or Buttigieg or anyone else who wins the nomination whether their name begins with a B or not.

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I think voter turnout will be at near record levels, if not an all-time high, and they'll vote for Biden or Bernie or Buttigieg or anyone else who wins the nomination whether their name begins with a B or not.

I hope youre right. I really do. But most people have given up on the political process all together and the only way to bring them back in is to give them something other than a lesser of two evils choice. We will see next Nov. 

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Not vote for vote third party. Idk half the country didnt vote last election. Im sure half the country wont vote again if Biden is the nominee because he cant even excite his own dog when he comes home from a long day at work. 

The stakes are way to high this time around.  I think most people who have any political interest at all know they have to go to the polls.

I don't care about those that stay at home who are ill informed & too easily persuaded by the trump crap - we don't want their vote to mess up the business at hand - to remove Trump.  If I as a center right person am willing to vote for Sanders if he gets the nomination, then progressive better be ready to vote for boring old Uncle Joe.

Just now, Frott Scost said:

I hope youre right. I really do. But most people have given up on the political process all together and the only way to bring them back in is to give them something other than a lesser than two evils choice. We will see next Nov. 

Nah. I think a LOT of people have seen the disaster that trump brings to the table and they're ready to make a change.

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

“Among the topics that came up was what would happen if Democrats nominated a female candidate. I thought a woman could win; he disagreed,” she said. “I have no interest in discussing this private meeting any further because Bernie and I have far more in common than our differences on punditry.” She added that she and Mr. Sanders were “friends and allies” and said she believed they would continue to work together to beat Mr. Trump.

Which makes it sound like Warren brought all of this out into the open, and now is trying to down play it and say it's nothing and we are all friends and I don't want to talk about it anymore.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Which makes it sound like Warren brought all of this out into the open, and now is trying to down play it and say it's nothing and we are all friends and I don't want to talk about it anymore.

Definitely. I think she leaked it because she sees the writing on the wall, and this is her desperation attempt to turn things around. It didn't work, she's still buddies with Bernie, so she's walking it back.

The dumb thing is that we're all talking about it. It's a non-story.

• Plus1 1

Okay, I now wish I had not placed a wager on Biden to be the D nominee...he is horrible on stage.

Pete B is clearly the best candidate for the Democrats.  I expect his stock to freaking rise like a nuclear missile (too soon?)

Warren was not bad at all and really it was interesting that she attacked Sanders but if you think about it...it was a smart move on her part.

2 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

I don't think he said anything at all.  I think she's lying.  He's been saying a woman can be president since the 1980's.  Why would he say that a woman can't be president the VERY EVENING she told him she was running...especially when he only ran in 2016 because he asked her to run and she wouldn't! 

Makes zero sense that Bernie would suddenly reverse his course of 30+ years of saying a woman can be president to tell Warren she can't. 

Because it’s be written out of context, probably because of the vague way Warren put it. “A woman can’t win” - I take that to mean in this election, against Trump, and there’s no way Sanders meant it any other way. I think Warren is trying to make it sound worse than it was, but I don’t think she’s lying that it was said. Saying a woman can’t become president is not the same as thinking a woman can’t beat Trump or a woman would have a harder time beating Trump. It wouldn’t be reversing course, IMO. The important thing is Sanders wouldn’t be an a$$h@!e if he did say it and it wouldn’t change what he said before.

I think a woman can be president but I don’t know that this is the right election for it. We’re desperate. 

3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Because it’s be written about out of context. Saying a woman can’t become president is not the same as thinking a woman can’t beat Trump or a woman would have a harder time beating Trump. It wouldn’t be reversing course, IMO. The important thing is Sanders wouldn’t be an a$$h@!e if he did say it and it wouldn’t change what he said before.

I think a woman can be president but I don’t know that this is the right election for it. We’re desperate. 

It is interesting that she used it to "attack" him though...I think it was smart on her end.