The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

37 minutes ago, commando said:

and that is why the republicans are working overtime building the case that Biden is corrupt due to his son getting a job in Ukraine.  

Yeah.

Right or wrong, the GOP would rather run against Bernie than Biden. The question is whether they are correct about Bernie's weaknesses or underrate his strengths.

The basic reasoning behind moderate candidates being stronger is here:

4 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

What do you mean by "back in" ? He wasn't in the debates before and he never stopped his candidacy once it was announced.

I mean that it seemed like this guy was donezo...

I am glad he is back in...I think the requirements are stupid.  Let anyone run that wants to run.

36 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Oh for sure!  Dude is loaded!

A lot of progressives are really up in arms about it.

I get why they're mad. It's stupid Bloomberg can just wash the field with ads because he has unlimited money to get himself viable.

But it's kind of a no-win situation for the DNC.  You either ignore a guy who's legitimately in contention that a significant group of people want to hear from - and in the process up him up for critique from others - or leave him off the stage out of deference to the initial debate rules.

49 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I mean that it seemed like this guy was donezo...

I am glad he is back in...I think the requirements are stupid.  Let anyone run that wants to run.

Ehh. He can run all he wants to but it's kinda lame they bend the rules to allow Bloomberg(because he is rich and donated a crap ton of money) but then do whatever they can to keep people like Yang off the stage 

• Plus1 1
Just now, Danny Bateman said:

I get why they're mad. It's stupid Bloomberg can just wash the field with ads because he has unlimited money to get himself viable.

But it's kind of a no-win situation for the DNC.  You either ignore a guy who's legitimately in contention that a significant group of people want to hear from - and in the process up him up for critique from others - or leave him off the stage out of deference to the initial debate rules.

My problem is they changed the rules after he donated a bunch of money to allow him to debate but when Yang wanted to get on the debate stage they said poll better

1 minute ago, Danny Bateman said:

Well...Progressives don't understand what they actually stand for, that is why they are up in arms.  If you had a dude/Lady with unlimited cash come in and say "I am a progressive D" They would be totally fine about it (as they should be) 

I think him and Tom are interesting.  I still think Yang gets treated like s#!t for not reason.

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

My problem is they changed the rules after he donated a bunch of money to allow him to debate but when Yang wanted to get on the debate stage they said poll better

Yeah...I totally get that but I don't really have a problem with it and I guess there should either be real rules in place or no rules in place.