The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

11 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Regardless of whether it crashed or not, they should be able to tell who, if anyone, called that number.

I'm not sure there are enough anons to have "flooded" the lines and caused actual problems, but who knows.

there are lots of anons out there.   and some of them are bots.   i can see them being able to flood the lines.   imagine a few  of the robo callers being dedicated to your phone...what would that be like?  

not sure if possible...but could they have had a dedicated line that only specified numbers are allowed  call?  all other number be blocked?  if that is possible maybe that would be a cure for future problems like that

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, commando said:

there are lots of anons out there.   and some of them are bots.   i can see them being able to flood the lines.   imagine a few  of the robo callers being dedicated to your phone...what would that be like?  

not sure if possible...but could they have had a dedicated line that only specified numbers are allowed  call?  all other number be blocked?  if that is possible maybe that would be a cure for future problems like that

Well, duh. You're right. Even a couple of bots would muck things up.

1 hour ago, Frott Scost said:

This is about as corrupt as you can get and another reason why half the country doesnt vote! These satellite causes were about to push Bernie into a clean sweep of all three metrics until corrupt Tom Perez stepped in to stop it. Ethiopian pork factory night shift workers that came in at noon to caucus for Bernie, hundreds of muslims at a mosque voting for the first jewish president in American history and hispanic/sudanese immigrants made up these satellite caucuses. Man it doesnt get any worse than this. 

image.jpeg.24043b10eb550def99f79cfd78952355.jpeg

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, commando said:

and another FWIW....if i understand this correctly... the democratic party wants Biden to win.....and they are working to undermine bernie.  Right?    if that is true....why don't they have Biden in first place in their rigged results?  why have Biden in 4th if they are rigging this?  

Because like most old people they can't use technology correctly and they f#&%ed it up.

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Is this normal?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/06/politics/justice-department-investigations-2020-candidates/index.html

On the surface it makes sense: to make sure rumors of investigations aren't leaked.  But it also sounds like a good way for Barr to communicate to Trump what the State of New York and others might have on him.

I hate that my brain even goes to a thought like that.

but.....you can ask foreign countries to do the investigating for you.  

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Is this normal?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/06/politics/justice-department-investigations-2020-candidates/index.html

On the surface it makes sense: to make sure rumors of investigations aren't leaked.  But it also sounds like a good way for Barr to communicate to Trump what the State of New York and others might have on him.

I hate that my brain even goes to a thought like that.

Any investigation into Trumps rivals will be approved and any investigation into Trump will be denied

6 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

This is about as corrupt as you can get and another reason why half the country doesnt vote! These satellite causes were about to push Bernie into a clean sweep of all three metrics until corrupt Tom Perez stepped in to stop it. Ethiopian pork factory night shift workers that came in at noon to caucus for Bernie, hundreds of muslims at a mosque voting for the first jewish president in American history and hispanic/sudanese immigrants made up these satellite caucuses. Man it doesnt get any worse than this. 

Never attribute that to malice which is adequately explained by stupidity.

The less presumptuous explanation is that Perez is unable to read the mood surrounding this entire debacle and the Iowa Dems made a moronic decision to rely on a just-built, barely tested app to transmit results. Luckily they kept receipts to CTA in case of their own gross incompetence.

Also, flip the roles here. Bernie had a very slim lead and the satellite caucuses went overwhelmingly to Pete to push him in front. Would you also demand the results be left alone and not verified?

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/elections/presidential/caucus/2020/02/06/iowa-caucus-who-won-buttigieg-sanders-democrats-electon-2020/4667267002/

Pete officially wins Iowa..............for now..............but I'm guessing IF they do a recount he might win by a wider margin. I only say this as my brother works for his campaign and Pete's computer voting software worked better than the state's and showed a larger margin of victory based on the information their campaign received on Monday night which is why he declared victory. 

• Plus1 2

I understand why Frott is pissed off. Not only did Iowa DNC bungle this, the media has spun it to make Sanders somehow the biggest loser in all of this when that person is clearly Biden. The anti Sanders machine is running at a fever pitch. Sanders and his supporters are the same as Trump and his cult. Sanders is bought by the Russians and so are his followers who are violent misogynistic racists. #NeverBernie if he is the nominee he will get swept in 48 states. But apparently when he isn't the nominee he will cause the Dems to lose because his supporters will vote Trump. Either way Sanders is to blame. Its getting a bit ridiculous imo. Do we want to beat Trump or not? Isn't that what this is about ultimately? Who cares who wins the Dem nom to a degree, they are all better than Trump. Supporters of each candidate, including Sanders, need to get their heads in the game and focus on the ultimate goal.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’m not arguing anything in your post but I have to question this. 

A heck of a lot of what I’ve seen is talking about why Biden did so bad. 

Maybe it's just stuff I'm seeing but people are talking about how Sanders hyped up Iowa so much and spent so much money just to lose to Buttigieg and how that is indicative that he can't win. Haven't seen much talk about Biden which is a problem for him in and of itself. I'm probably not looking in the right places 

11 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Honestly yeah a lot of Sanders supporters share a lot of similarities with Trump supporters. I don't care for my interactions with a lot of them online.

2 things: I'm not saying I don't believe you but I have not seen all of the bernie bros people are complaining about. I've respectfully defended Sanders online and get blocked by users fairly quickly for simply supporting Sanders it seems. I'm sure that wears on some who support him more passionately than I do. That said I do know instances of his supporters being downright vile and that should not be condoned. 

The other point is, people aren't making the distinction you are. Sanders=Trump to alot of folks it's starting to seem like. I think that is as ridiculous as @Frott Scosts assertion Bloomberg=Trump. With all do respect Frott, that is not true in the slightest. I get Bloomberg may not be ideal, just like Sanders is far from ideal for many out there but neither are anything close to Donald Trump and we all (not you but resisters) need to realize this. They are all better options than Trump and it's not close. We need to get behind whoever captures the nomination 

• Plus1 1