The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

21 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

May not be the place but I strongly disagree that it is untrue. There is certainly an issue and it is systematic 

Andddd the politics and religion section of the board never fails on this topic. :facepalm: 99.9% of the cops out there aren't racist and are just trying to do a job so I won't allow myself to be labeled as a racist by a politician trying to get votes when they have no idea how to do the job or what it all entails. Want to attack the courts? That's cool, then attack them, but it seems the cops are always the ones who take the brunt of this.  

*que links to multiple statistics showing X, Y, and Z. 

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Glad you have an open mind and will do whatever you can to get Trump out of office. 

Nice job trying to sway me, just cemented my thoughts further. :thumbs Some folks just won't bend our feelings just to get X goal done. If Bernie has the support you think he has my one little vote won't matter then will it?! ;) 

Just now, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Andddd the politics and religion section of the board never fails on this topic. :facepalm:

You can be entitled to your own opinion but you aren't entitled to your own facts. Statistics pretty clearly show systematic racism exists and those statistics are backed up with anecdotal evidence. Beyond that, law enforcement includes more than just police and other agencies such as ICE have pretty bad racism problems. I know you are a cop and you dont want to believe it's true but the fact of the matter is racism definitely exists in law enforcement. If you'd like we can bring the statistics into the fold. 

5 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Andddd the politics and religion section of the board never fails on this topic. :facepalm:

https://www.vox.com/identities/2016/8/13/17938186/police-shootings-killings-racism-racial-disparities 

An article with some facts to get things started. If you have some facts showing that claims of systematic racism in law enforcement are completely bulls#!t please bring them to the table.

6 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

You can be entitled to your own opinion but you aren't entitled to your own facts. Statistics pretty clearly show systematic racism exists and those statistics are backed up with anecdotal evidence. Beyond that, law enforcement includes more than just police and other agencies such as ICE have pretty bad racism problems. I know you are a cop and you dont want to believe it's true but the fact of the matter is racism definitely exists in law enforcement. If you'd like we can bring the statistics into the fold. 

I'm as guilty as anybody of going off on tangents, but if you're going to continue, could you take that discussion to the racism thread:

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

35 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I've been thinking this will come down to Biden and Bernie, but Biden is self-destructing in a big way. Buttigieg, Warren, and Klobuchar will be eliminated on Super Tuesday, So it's Bernie and... Bloomberg, I guess? It's looking more and more like Bernie might run away with the nomination.

I also think this is coming down to Bernie and Bloomberg (what is it wt the Bs on the Dem side??)  Unless people take a 2nd look at Klobuchar.  I think in reality outside of the B&B she has the best shot.  Here is my thinking:

Biden - as you note is falling apart big time. He is going to be 5th or 6th in NH.  He is stumbling fumbling Uncle Joe

Warren - blew her chance - she was in front and I think pressed too hard. Bernie has benefited

Pete - His 'victory' in Iowa opened him up to the exposure that he isn't ready for prime time as all attention has been brought to bear on his lack of experience and his reliance on big donors ( a bit of a no-no in the Dem primary).   I think people will look for an alternative on the moderate side and I believe that will be Amy.

Klobuchar is kind of like that long distant runner who is comfortable in 4th place most of the race.  Stay away from being target # 1 and just keep plugging away with your message. She has been doing that. She doesn't have a lot of areas where she can be attacked (too young, too liberal, too old, a billionaire, etc).  She has been a 'faithful Dem Senator' and has a history of carrying the Dem banner.  After NH she has to get that long distance final lap kick going.   How:  I could see moderates grouping around her as the 'anti-Bloomberg'.  I think she will finish strong in NH but she will need to get her voice out there larger than the other moderates - Biden and Pete - as they get the lion's share of media coverage because one was the former VP and other is the new media darling. 

8 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I also think this is coming down to Bernie and Bloomberg (what is it wt the Bs on the Dem side??)  Unless people take a 2nd look at Klobuchar.  I think in reality outside of the B&B she has the best shot.  Here is my thinking:

Biden - as you note is falling apart big time. He is going to be 5th or 6th in NH.  He is stumbling fumbling Uncle Joe

Warren - blew her chase - she was not and I think pressed too hard. Bernie has benefited

Pete - His 'victory' in Iowa opened him up to the exposure that he isn't ready for prime time as all attention has been brought to bear on his lack of experience and his reliance on big donors ( a bit of a no-no in the Dem primary).   I think people will look for an alternative on the moderate side and I believe that will be Amy.

Klobuchar is kind of like that long distant runner who is comfortable in 4th place most of the race.  Stay away from being target # 1 and just keep plugging away with your message. She has been doing that. She doesn't have a lot of areas where she can be attacked (too young, too liberal, too old, a billionaire, etc).  She has been a 'faithful Dem Senator' and has a history of carrying the Dem banner.  After NH she has to get that long distance final lap kicking going.   How:  I could see moderates grouping around her as the 'anti-Bloomberg'.  I think she will finish strong in NH but she will need to get her voice out there larger than Biden's and Pete - as they get the lion's share of media coverage because one was the former VP and other is the new media darling. 

I didn't give Klobuchar much of a chance when she entered the race, but she's managed to stick around longer than I thought. However, I think she's just too far behind to make much of a difference down the stretch especially since she's been in the race for a long time.

Bloomberg hasn't really been in the race and is dropping HUGE amounts of cash to buy the nomination, so he's something of a wild card. I don't think he'll really challenge for the nomination though and still think this is just a precursor in order to mount a third-party run which he thinks will hurt Bernie. I think it might backfire though and end up hurting Trump more.

17 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

If that's the bar, then just blow up both parties now.

That's the really s#!tty thing about this Presidency. I am all in on getting Trump out by any means but man I'm worried about all of the crap that will get a pass because Trump was worse 

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

This is why Sanders and Warren supporters are “pushy”. Whatever the hell that even means. 

You know exactly what it means dude. Don't really care if you like the term or not. When I show up to caucus for my candidate who's part of the democratic party and Sanders and Warren supporters are in my face telling me how I'm wrong to support that candidate. They're pushy............that's a sad situation, but that's the perfect example of a judge acting like a judge acts sometimes. 

And I get you think Pete is a corporate robot, but I'd also argue who can connect better with the middle class? A billionaire politician no matter who it is that's been in Washington for 30+ years or a guy who's got $100,000 in student loan debt and pays $850 a month for his mortgage in a tiny house and isn't worth more than $250,000. I know my position and answer on that. 

• Plus1 3