The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

9 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

scumbag lawyer and judge  

I love how people are like "The government needs to make it affordable" . OR . here is an amazing idea...

The DOCTORS make it affordable...the hospitals make it affordable.  How is it not run like all the rest of our capitalist (competitive) industries???  

If I don't like the interest rate I am getting...I hit up another bank.  If I don't like the price of the car I want...I hit up another dealership.  Why does it not work like this for healthcare (Collusion for one but don't get me started)

First...ADVERTISE your prices you f#&%s.

Second...compete for customers.  LIKE EVERY OTHER BUSINESS!

I want to see a f#&%ing ad on my twitter timeline "Is your heart acting up?  Stop by Dr. Nick's office where every Monday our heart checkups are 49.95"

Dentists too!  Why do I not know the prices of the work you are doing?  Why the f#&% do I ALWAYS need an X-ray?  

We RIP on mechanics for doing this...we BEG our friends to let us know if they find a "good and HONEST mechanic" And then...one they look at our car they (hold on) CALL US and tell us the price so that we can shop around if we want.

I will say it over and over...the wrong people are blamed for the cost of health care and doctors are laughing their asses off.

f#&%ing strippers are more upfront and honest about what they charge!

Also...dear loser judges...stop sending people to prison for this...

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

49 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

This is full of generalizations and stereotypes.  It also commits the anecdotal fallacy...just because you've had people get in your face doesn't mean that it's always that way.  You might have just found a few pushy morons.  Others' experience and mileage will vary.

Well personal experience certainly trumps opinions over the internet on what I experienced.  Also I've talked to numerous folks that have experienced the same thing so...

Bernie's hardcore supporters have personality traits that are most similar the MAGA crowd of any candidate's supporters, IMO.

The MAGAts overran the existing GOP base and ultimately became the base. They are, at this point, not at all dissimilar from a cult. Anyone who dares go against dear leader gets targeted, harassed and threatened. They've turned everything into a giant game of "No True Scotsman" where no true Scotsman ever criticizes Trump.

Should those of us who are not hardcore feeling the Bern not be concerned about a similar takeover of the Dem base?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
24 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Bernie's hardcore supporters have personality traits that are most similar the MAGA crowd of any candidate's supporters, IMO.

The MAGAts overran the existing GOP base and ultimately became the base. They are, at this point, not at all dissimilar from a cult. Anyone who dares go against dear leader gets targeted, harassed and threatened. They've turned everything into a giant game of "No True Scotsman" where no true Scotsman ever criticizes Trump.

Should those of us who are not hardcore feeling the Bern not be concerned about a similar takeover of the Dem base?

I'll probably be voting Bernie, but I don't understand the cult type following with any candidate. If someone asks, I'll tell them why I like Bernie, but everyone is welcome to their own opinion. The spreading of misinformation and the shoving of candidates down our throats has made elections unbearable - and both those things are everywhere right now - thanks social media. 

• Fire 1
9 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I'll probably be voting Bernie, but I don't understand the cult type following with any candidate. If someone asks, I'll tell them why I like Bernie, but everyone is welcome to their own opinion. The spreading of misinformation and the shoving of candidates down our throats has made elections unbearable - and both those things are everywhere right now - thanks social media. 

Yeah I hear you. The politician hero worship type of stuff weirds me out big time.

I like Bernie himself. What I don't want is him winning and his superfans becoming the MAGAts of the left. Then we're basically a country with two unreasonable, angry cults for parties and a whole mass of people in the middle left largely unrepresented.

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

You're welcome to that opinion, but I think it's selective. Just take a look at what the Hillary supporters have been saying to Bernie supporters over the last 5 years, check responses to Peter Daou on twitter for examples. Warren supporters often get angry with me and call me sexist simply because I support Bernie without listening to any explanation. Every candidate is going to have those morons including Bernie, and since Bernie has a large grassroots following there's going to be more compared to a candidate like Biden.