The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

11 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

More on Bernie's medical record - a 20 post breakdown of the letter

Honestly, if he is able to withstand the rigors of campaigning at 78 while also upholding his duties as a senator then he is probably in decent physical health. Will he be after 4 years of this job though? I think that's a fair question, but of course there is no answer without letting time tell.

If Bernie wins the nomination I hope he picks a running mate that would be able to fulfill his vision. It may put some voters at ease if they believe there's a fully capable VP if necessary.

Intimidation works.  Call everything FAKE NEWS long enough and the press eventually is turned- The press is  made up individually of reporters, editors, etc - all who want a part of the action.  To get the action and the story, they can't be discredited as Fake News.  Trump's propaganda has worked.  He has turned the ear of the press toward him by slapping them on the side of the face with his insults.  They have accepted Trump as trump and as a result we've been dumbed down to his level and accept him for who he is instead of constantly calling him out.  The hammer (the press) has become the nail and it is tired of being hit by the hammer in the WH who should be the nail.

11 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The American press is hugely responsible for the mess we're in. They are the fiddle upon which Trump plays his tunes.

7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

eah, it sort of sucks when the press seems to be favoring a side instead of doing their job.

Just now, TGHusker said:

Intimidation works.  Call everything FAKE NEWS long enough and the press eventually is turned- The press is  made up individually of reporters, editors, etc - all who want a part of the action.  To get the action and the story, they can't be discredited as Fake News.  Trump's propaganda has worked.  He has turned the ear of the press toward him by slapping them on the side of the face with his insults.  They have accepted Trump as trump and as a result we've been dumbed down to his level and accept him for who he is instead of constantly calling him out.  The hammer (the press) has become the nail and it is tired of being hit by the hammer in the WH who should be the nail.

That is a really big slap in the face to the press.  I don't really care but it is a good old two hander!  Ha

I think it happens more with sports writers/sports radio dudes though, especially in places where a sport/team is king.

Betting odds places this as coming down to a 2 man race - Sanders & Bloomberg. 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/elections/betting_odds/democratic_2020_nomination/

Betting Odds - Democratic Presidential Nomination

Betting Odds Data

Betting Odds Date
Sanders
Bloomberg
Biden
Buttigieg
Clinton
Klobuchar
Warren
Obama
Steyer
Gabbard
Spread
RCP Average 2/17 44.0 33.2 10.9 10.5 5.5 4.6 2.1 1.0 0.6 0.6 Sanders +10.8
Bovada February 18th 43 33 12 11 5 5 1 1 1 1 Sanders +9.2
SpreadEx February 18th 48 35 10 10 5 6 1 1 0 0 Sanders +12.8
Smarkets February 18th 44 31 8 8 4 3 1 1 0 0 Sanders +13.5
Betfair February 18th 42 33 13 11 4 5 3 1 0 1 Sanders +8.7
BetVictor February 18th 44 36 11 11 8 5 2 1   1 Sanders +8.1
BetOnline February 18th 42 31 14 11 3 4 3 1 1 1 Sanders +10.9
Unibet February 18th 45 33 9 11 9 4 3 1 1 1 Sanders +12.1

Lmao he releases three doctors note. One of which has past medical history, medications being taken, vital signs, blood work results including cholesterol levels, EKG results, stress test results a detailed report of the procedure he undertook for the heart attack. Along with another report from a cardiologist that discuses the results from the stress test. And then a letter from the US Senate physician saying hes good to go. Some people wont be happy until they see pictures of his last colonoscopy. 

Cant people see its a revolving news cycle since they cant debate him on the issues. One week USSR, then its he owns three houses, when that doesnt work its “bernie bros”, when that doesnt work medical records. This same news cycle has happened last month and the month before also. It will happen next month also and when it doesnt stick again they will be forced to start saying Bernie can beat Trump and writing nice articles a out him because it is pretty clear with him hitting over 30 in multiple polls and double digit lead in multiple polls that he will be the nominee. 

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Lmao he releases three doctors note. One of which has past medical history, medications being taken, vital signs, blood work results including cholesterol levels, EKG results, stress test results a detailed report of the procedure he undertook for the heart attack. Along with another report from a cardiologist that discuses the results from the stress test. And then a letter from the US Senate physician saying hes good to go. Some people wont be happy until they see pictures of his last colonoscopy. 

Cant people see its a revolving news cycle since they cant debate him on the issues. One week USSR, then its he owns three houses, when that doesnt work its “bernie bros”, when that doesnt work medical records. This same news cycle has happened last month and the month before also. It will happen next month also and when it doesnt stick again they will be forced to start saying Bernie can beat Trump and writing nice articles a out him because it is pretty clear with him hitting over 30 in multiple polls and double digit lead in multiple polls that he will be the nominee. 

I'm not anti-Bernie, but I'm not exactly in favor of him, either. I ignored the Bernie supporters' allegations against the press for a long time.

But objectively, it's becoming obvious even to me that a substantial portion of the press is treating Bernie differently than any other candidate, and certainly differently than Trump.

• Thanks 1
56 minutes ago, teachercd said:

It really does sound like a lot of people are now coming around to the idea that there is in fact "fake news", interesting!

Also...this is the press with Bernie if he said someone in his family died.

Big difference between "biased" news and "fake" news.

I get it, it can be pretty confusing.  I mean, even the president struggles with the concept...

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

I'm not anti-Bernie, but I'm not exactly in favor of him, either. I ignored the Bernie supporters' allegations against the press for a long time.

But objectively, it's becoming obvious even to me that a substantial portion of the press is treating Bernie differently than any other candidate, and certainly differently than Trump.

He does get treated differently, but he had to know as the frontrunner he was stepping in it on that question. That it would be framed as about transparency, not jive with him already saying he'd release more records, etc.

If people think knives are out for Bernie on something like this, it's going to get a lot worse once he's the nominee.