TGHusker

The 2020 Presidential Election - Primaries

4 minutes ago, commando said:

that is the radical left there.   the mirror image of the trumpers.

This specific faction coming to power and coming to be seen as "the left" is something we should all frown on.

Their belief is that as long as your politics are right, as long as you have the right team, your conduct doesn't matter. Decency doesn't matter. The dirtbag left, I believe, is what this is called.

I disagree. Our fundamental decency should matter or we've lost ourselves in the process.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

Alright, new round, same game. Raise your hand if you'd be fine with Sanders, Pete, Klobuchar or Bloomberg.

giphy.gif?cid=790b761134aceea442b459a5dd

I wouldn’t be fine with Bloomberg but I’ll vote for him if he wins the nomination. 

• Plus1 2

Just now, Moiraine said:

I wouldn’t be fine with Bloomberg but I’ll vote for him if he wins the nomination. 

Not saying I'd be happy either but I'd take it. For all intents and purposes it doesn't matter who the Dems run in 2020 because that person will have my vote.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Going to go ahead and leave this here. Maybe not the best kind of imagery to use with a man who's dealt with so much loss [email protected]!es.

Yeah, that's not ok.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

This specific faction coming to power and coming to be seen as "the left" is something we should all frown on.

Their belief is that as long as your politics are right, as long as you have the right team, your conduct doesn't matter. Decency doesn't matter. The dirtbag left, I believe, is what this is called.

I disagree. Our fundamental decency should matter or we've lost ourselves in the process.

the dirtbag left is more decent than calling it the radical left?

55 minutes ago, commando said:

the dirtbag left is more decent than calling it the radical left?

That is their own label. I'm not trying to use it in a derogatory sense.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why can’t we have a President that doesn’t love Russia?

More might come out, but that description by Li is a lie for this video.

Has it ever been wrong to point out Cuba's healthcare system is better than ours when it is? In my opinion it's more meaningful to point out when an inferior or poorer country is better at something important than we are. He's talking about transportation systems and the arts, not way of life in general. There isn't anything in his above comments that needs to be defended.

I've been to places run by dictators that had some nice things about them, including things they're better at than the U.S. That doesn't mean I want the U.S. to be a dictatorship.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why can’t we have a President that doesn’t love Russia?

Not sure whats better. Nuclear war or a politician traveling to Russia to promote peace while at the same time acknowledging they have a nice transportation and some nice cultural sites? Someone help me out. 

Btw some republicans went on that “honeymoon” also. Must have been awkward for him and his wife...

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Bernie is hardly radical and if he seems like a "crazy choice" it's because of just how far gone this country already is.

He may have some cult-like followers (nowhere near the MAGA level), but at least it's in support of a platform that is entirely based on improving our quality of life instead of white nationalism. You're not going to fear for your safety if you happen upon a pro-Bernie demonstration. Can't say the same about the group of white nationalists.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, mrandyk said:

Bernie is hardly radical and if he seems like a "crazy choice" it's because of just how far gone this country already is.

He may have some cult-like followers (nowhere near the MAGA level), but at least it's in support of a platform that is entirely based on improving our quality of life instead of white nationalism. You're not going to fear for your safety if you happen upon a pro-Bernie demonstration. Can't say the same about the group of white nationalists.

Youre spot on. This country has moved so far to the right the “center” is where Mitt Romney is. Left wing is considered where Nancy Pelosi is even though in every other country she would be in the conservative party. Raising the minimum wage is considered radical in this country. The overton window needs to move back to the left so the “center“ is actually a combination between the two parties. 

• Plus1 1