The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

3 minutes ago, mrandyk said:

Do not want Biden to be president. I'd take him over the current situation, but that's an indictment of the situation.

I haven’t heard anything to make me not want him as president, but I don’t claim to be too knowledgeable about what he’d be like. But I don’t really want him as a candidate because I think there are other people with better chances at winning. But in the end I want whoever can beat Trump and is also not stupid or an a$$h@!e.

• Plus1 5

15 hours ago, Fru said:

Great listen if you have the time. 

I'm far more worried about her ability to win the primary than I am her ability to win the presidential election. Especially if Biden runs. He's going to get all the votes from people who don't know who they should vote for because he's well known.

8 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I'm far more worried about her ability to win the primary than I am her ability to win the presidential election. Especially if Biden runs. He's going to get all the votes from people who don't know who they should vote for because he's well known.

I agree Gabbard will have a name recognition problem like Bernie did in the early primaries last time, but I also think Biden will be like Jeb Bush in the last Republican primary - big name going in but quickly fades.

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

I agree Gabbard will have a name recognition problem like Bernie did in the early primaries last time, but I also think Biden will be like Jeb Bush in the last Republican primary - big name going in but quickly fades.

I agree...especially after all the "creepy Uncle Joe" videos get more air time...

Will 2020 be the year of the "Woman".  Starting to look that way with all of the female presidential announcements or near announcements. 

The Repubs will have a choice - stick wt a dehumanizing narcissist or move on to Nikki or some other viable female.  If I was Pence I'd be concerned wt 

my seat at the table.  Trump will do whatever he can to win and if that means getting a female on the ticket, he may do just that to humanize his image.

https://www.axios.com/2020-presidential-election-women-democrats-7c205ae2-341e-4445-b1da-c3b83eff75a6.html

10 hours ago, Moiraine said:

She's a smart lady - good interview.

9 hours ago, Big Red 40 said:

I like Gabbard and Warren.

i just think Gabbard may be too far left,  and Warren may be too much establishment, to get the votes.

I saw Gillibrand  on Colbert last night i think shes an intriguing choice

I still think Bernie will win if he runs. He's got the name recognition now.

12 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I still think Bernie will win if he runs. He's got the name recognition now.

Name recognition at this stage of the election doesn't mean squat as far as how it's all going to end up.  In 2016, Bernie was a relative nobody at this point and he would have won the nomination if the Dems wouldn't have already promised the nomination to Clinton and would have actually ran an honest primary.

On the other side, nobody was taking Trump seriously at this point.  He was the goofy reality TV star that wasn't taken serious.  There were probably 10 other candidates on the R side with more name recognition in politics.  How did that turn out?

I don't have the disdain for Bernie like most conservatives do.  However, I honestly can not see him getting the nomination with who else I see getting into the race.  In fact, It's quite possible that the only reason why Bernie was so close in 2016 is the same reason why Trump ended up winning the general election.  He was running against the most pathetic candidate the Dems could have hitched their wagon to.

• Plus1 1