The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

3 hours ago, funhusker said:

I hope Kasich goes as an Independent.   I would love to see Trump and (insert polarizing Dem here) yelling at each other while Kasich rolls his eyes, looks at the camera, and calmly says "We're better than this."

I agree.  I think we will have a war of words between the 2 party banner carriers.  Now Booker says he isn't going to be negative - we'll see if he can hold that line during the primaries and then see, if nominated, if he can hold it back against Trump. 

But Kasich would be a dramatic contrast to our current president for sure.  He could be the next Cool Cal  - Coolidge.  - 100 years later in fact.  Funny - he happened to replace one of the worse scandal filed admins in our history --  Harding's admin.  Time for history to repeat itself.  History has a funny way of cycling.  I guess we don't always learn and we elect dufus after dufus 100 years apart. 

• Plus1 1

I'm pretty fired up, Andrew Yang, just got enough unique donors to qualify to be in the debates.   I'm really looking forward to getting his message and views out to a much larger audience.  I love his ideas on Healthcare, UBI, his approach to building the middle class.  I think he will be a dynamic candidate once more hear his policies.

• Plus1 1

The Dem field is getting more croweded than 2016 GOP field.     Trump ending up slithering his way through the primary.  He watched like minded candidates split the vote - leaving himself to stand apart from all of the look a like candidates.  Who will be the Trump (not trump like but the surprise candidate who will allow the others to devour each others support) in the Dem primary?   Who can set themselves up as the change candidate because he/she is not a cookie cutter image of the others.   Who is the dark horse. 

My guess, one of the governors or  Pete Buttigieg

I think Pete will stand out if he can get his message out.   He is the guy wt practical experience along wt the governors.   I think several of the senators will flame out quickly as well as Uncle Joe.  Beto has a lot of excitement, lets see if it translates into substance. 

I'd be surprise if the Dems settle on Bernie but not surprised if they settle on a Bernie like candidate. 

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/2020-democrat-candidates-771735/

7 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

The Dem field is getting more croweded than 2016 GOP field.     Trump ending up slithering his way through the primary.  He watched like minded candidates split the vote - leaving himself to stand apart from all of the look a like candidates.  Who will be the Trump (not trump like but the surprise candidate who will allow the others to devour each others support) in the Dem primary?   Who can set themselves up as the change candidate because he/she is not a cookie cutter image of the others.   Who is the dark horse. 

My guess, one of the governors or  Pete Buttigieg

I think Pete will stand out if he can get his message out.   He is the guy wt practical experience along wt the governors.   I think several of the senators will flame out quickly as well as Uncle Joe.  Beto has a lot of excitement, lets see if it translates into substance. 

I'd be surprise if the Dems settle on Bernie but not surprised if they settle on a Bernie like candidate. 

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/2020-democrat-candidates-771735/

ANDREW YANG!!!

3 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I don't know anything about his (and 3/4 of these Dems) why is he so great? in your humble opinion :D

I don't know anything about Andrew Yang either, am eager to hear more. But I'm thinking of maybe staying away from businessmen who do not have government/political experience during this election cycle. 

• Thanks 1

I like Hickenlooper and Castro myself based on what I have heard from them over the years, but can't honestly look at the list of candidates and claim to know all that much about any of them (enough to discern one policy platform from another). I am excited for debate season to begin so we can whittle the field down.

It looks like there will be about a dozen debates, starting in June: https://www.uspresidentialelectionnews.com/2020-democratic-debate-schedule/

I agree about Beto.  I was all over supporting his senate campaign against Cruise, but I don't think he has a plan or a particular focus.  He's a great orator and we'll see if he focuses enough to move the people.

I LOVE PETE BUTTIGEIG.  Seriously sharp candidate, and I think if he can get to the debate stage he'll knock em' dead.  He's currently 85% of the way to 65k donations so I think he'll get it done.

And I too went and looked up Yang after you mentioned it Sho.  I had never heard of him at all.  Nothing resonated with me - how did you know about him so early and why do you support him?

Just now, Ulty said:

I like Hickenlooper and Castro myself based on what I have heard from them over the years, but can't honestly look at the list of candidates and claim to know all that much about any of them (enough to discern one policy platform from another). I am excited for debate season to begin so we can whittle the field down.

It looks like there will be about a dozen debates, starting in June: https://www.uspresidentialelectionnews.com/2020-democratic-debate-schedule/

Hickenlooper is a decent governor in a slightly left-leaning state. But he's another one of these "let's cooperate with the Republicans" guys that has apparently been asleep for the last decade of national politics. And I think his attempts to not have to take a stance will undo him, like the Morning Joe clip where he keeps dancing around and refusing to call himself a capitalist.

• Plus1 1