Crootin Guessin Game Question

Dear Mods,

Can we start one single thread where people playing the game ask to add schools to each guy? One thread. All asks. Will keep the game separate from the actual recruiting threads and their updates, "insights" and terrible predictions ;-)

More guys getting bumped here that we aren't in on. Thanks for the consideration, Mods.

Sincerely,

Get Off My Lawn

• Fire 2

Mods are quite busy in the P&D section. Good luck. Oh and I agree by the way.

SLAMMMMMM

Better yet...can we just get rid of it? What purpose does it serve? Maybe make it a yearly thing where a guy gets +25 rep or something? I don't see the point as it just kicks up useless threads

RETWEEEEETTTTTTT, I was very vocal about this sucking when it started and got told to shut up. Some people find it fun. It's like America - we must cater to the minority ;)

• Fire 2

Sorry, I was kind of waiting to see what kind of responses there were and how many.

I've said from the beginning that it's not perfect. We've kicked around ideas for how to try to separate things out a little bit to reduce the clutter but there just doesn't seem to be a good way to make it work for everyone.

We've discusses moving the commits to a separate forum but then they're separated from the targets who are interested. You could move them as well but then how do you decide which targets to move. I know some don't like threads being shown as "bumped" just because someone votes in the poll (I'm in that group) but it seems to have been worked around.

But to get back to the question in the OP, yes, that can be done. But it would kind of be a hassle one way or the other. Either the people who are looking to have someone added have to go to a different thread to post their request, then I have to go from that thread and go find the profile thread to add it then go back to the ask thread to say it's done then they have to go find the profile thread again to make/change their vote. Whereas right now it gets bumped to the top so no one really has to go looking for anything.

So I'm not sure what to think. I guess I'm inclined to think there is enough participation in the voting that a lot of people don't mind them getting bumped as they often put in a vote. But I realize it's kind of annoying for people who don't really care about the voting.

• Fire 1

Sorry, I was kind of waiting to see what kind of responses there were and how many.

I've said from the beginning that it's not perfect. We've kicked around ideas for how to try to separate things out a little bit to reduce the clutter but there just doesn't seem to be a good way to make it work for everyone.

We've discusses moving the commits to a separate forum but then they're separated from the targets who are interested. You could move them as well but then how do you decide which targets to move. I know some don't like threads being shown as "bumped" just because someone votes in the poll (I'm in that group) but it seems to have been worked around.

But to get back to the question in the OP, yes, that can be done. But it would kind of be a hassle one way or the other. Either the people who are looking to have someone added have to go to a different thread to post their request, then I have to go from that thread and go find the profile thread to add it then go back to the ask thread to say it's done then they have to go find the profile thread again to make/change their vote. Whereas right now it gets bumped to the top so no one really has to go looking for anything.

So I'm not sure what to think. I guess I'm inclined to think there is enough participation in the voting that a lot of people don't mind them getting bumped as they often put in a vote. But I realize it's kind of annoying for people who don't really care about the voting.

It seems fine the way it is. If someone wanted you to add a school to a poll that was made a year and a half ago you would have to dig all the way through and find it. I don't mind seeing people wanting you to add such and such school to the poll so they can try to get a point for the game. If it is a recent recruit thread they could always PM you to add a school to the poll too, so I would just keep it the way it is and see how it works for 2018/2019 before making any big changes.

I think the game is interesting. However, I think some profiles get bumped that maybe shouldn't be bumped. For instance, one today was bump f as a commit who decommitted and is favored to go to an entirely different school. He has maybe 3 commits on our board. Maybe make those votes not matter? Maybe make the game about serious inquiries only? Ones that have garnered the attention of all in favor?

I don't know the technicalities so it may not be worth the time and effort. My suggestion is to separate it into different categories. Something like:

Sports > Recruiting > XX Year Recruiting Profiles > News and Discussion > Player Name

Sports > Recruiting > XX Year Recruiting Profiles > Crootin Guessing Game > Player Name

Why not a separate please update thread with posts like this:

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/80688-wr-joshua-moore/page-5&do=findComment&comment=1842209

Add Kansas please.

The profile link is there for mod and requester. If you're playing the recruiting game have one tab open with the please update thread and another tab you would use for normal HB browsing.

Having the threads bumped for these requests is a waste of time for everyone.

• Fire 3

Why not a separate please update thread with posts like this:

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/80688-wr-joshua-moore/page-5&do=findComment&comment=1842209

Add Kansas please.

The profile link is there for mod and requester. If you're playing the recruiting game have one tab open with the please update thread and another tab you would use for normal HB browsing.

Having the threads bumped for these requests is a waste of time for everyone.

Best solution I've seen so far.